Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
which cut to watch then for semi first timer?

It can take a good few viewings to appreciate the film and remember all the details

When the film was in the cinemas in 1982 I fell asleep during the film and same happened a few times later watching on home video :rofl:

It's not a film to try and watch from start to finish if you are tired

I would start with the original International Theatrical cut then watch the Directors Cut then Final Cut

This release only has Final Cut

@toratora @paulboland

I would watch the final cut first.

the reason is :
it is the REAL director's cut
the theatrical cut's ending was a studio choice, makes it a totally different/less good movie, not on synch with the movie's tone.
the director's cut main difference with the theatrical cut is the ending. Since the ending is the same in the final cut, why even bother...
the final cut has a few nice little enhancements (more vehicles in the sky for exemple) but never betray the orginal movie.
The chance is that he won't like the movie enough to watch the other versions, so better start with the best and most complete. If he likes it he winl obviously watch the other cuts out of curiosity.

@toratora @paulboland

I would watch the final cut first.

the reason is :
it is the REAL director's cut
the theatrical cut's ending was a studio choice, makes it a totally different/less good movie, not on synch with the movie's tone.
the director's cut main difference with the theatrical cut is the ending. Since the ending is the same in the final cut, why even bother...
the final cut has a few nice little enhancements (more vehicles in the sky for exemple) but never betray the orginal movie.
The chance is that he won't like the movie enough to watch the other versions, so better start with the best and most complete. If he likes it he winl obviously watch the other cuts out of curiosity.
i agree, better watch the final cut..

If anybody here ordered this from Zavvi, can you please tell me what kind of packaging it was shipped in and what kind of shape it was in when it arrived?

Thank you.

If anybody here ordered this from Zavvi, can you please tell me what kind of packaging it was shipped in and what kind of shape it was in when it arrived?

Thank you.

You should know zavvi by now its too thick for the white box they use on steels, so there next best thing is bubble envelope/ jiffy bag, considering mine traveled a very long way luckily it was ok

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
You should know zavvi by now its too thick for the white box they use on steels, so there next best thing is bubble envelope/ jiffy bag, considering mine traveled a very long way luckily it was ok

Yeah that's what I was afraid of.

Thank you.

Thank you.
Mine came in a small cardboard box but it had no additional packaging so it was basically just rattling around inside it! Arrived with two slightly knocked corners but was otherwise OK.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
which cut to watch then for semi first timer?
everyone will give you a slightly different answer to that, as above, and now me, too! :LOL: the original theatrical cut has a voiceover throughout i always hated which is completely absent from the director's and final cuts, and as @Jocelin says, it also has a different, for my money worse ending,

if you are an obsessive like me i'd sincerely recommend watching all versions in the order they were released. :wow: but if you are a normal person ;) and coming to it again after a long time away, you'll probably never do that, so i would go for Final Cut first also, which i do think is the best version. that way, if you like it, you can watch the other versions and see what the studio (stupidly) changed. some of it is very noticeable.

enjoy! :thumbs: so, what'll it be?!

• Friendly
Reactions: jasong and toratora
Randomly appeared on HMV today! ordered and copy and now out of stock...
hopefully order will go through!
gutted i missed this and was getting tempted by splashing out on ebay!

Arrived today, two small tears in shrink wrap but otherwise perfect condition and that didnt matter as shrink wrap came straight off!!
Really like this steel, one of teh better ones i've had recently

Arrived today, two small tears in shrink wrap but otherwise perfect condition and that didnt matter as shrink wrap came straight off!!
Really like this steel, one of teh better ones i've had recently

had the same issue, the shrinkwrap is very thin and the angles very sharp. bad combination

Reactions: djjez83
Agree, I may attract a lot of enemies by saying this.. But Titans of Cult Blade Runner was quite underwhelming, the steelbook whilst a good concept doesn't quite do it for me.
The graphic and texted steelbook protector that comes with it (giving it that red 3D look and feel) is quite flimsy, and don't even get me started on the coasters.
They are clever in that they debuted with an astonishing and cult film, so I get that a lot of buyers (myself included) got sucked in by the emotion and loyalty to the film (as opposed to the quality of the product).

For sheer content - the 4 disc special edition is the best
And there are many better Blade runner steels out there incl. the Canadian steelbook and Japanese edition (embossed unicorn)