Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #001) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: December 12, 2022
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Vice-Press - HMV
Price: £49.99

VAULT #001 - PREMIUM 4K Blu-ray COLLECTOR'S Edition - Limited to 3,000 copies
  • New key art by Matt Ferguson & Florey from Vice Press
  • Acetate O-Ring, removes for type-free display of your key art
  • Unique, individually numbered crystal display plaque
  • Rigid clamshell box with magnetic closure
  • Feature film on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, plus Special Features
1A_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_2D-Packshot.png

1B_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_3D-Packshot.png

1665690757053.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't make up my mind whether to pick this up or just stick with my 4 disc fullslip digipack...
I don't need both but don't know if I can bear to part with the digipack in favour of this....

Why would you need to part with anything. Keep both! Hell, I got 10+ editions of some movies, and I wouldn't be able to get rid of more, than 1 or 2 of them.
You don't 'need' any of them. You want all of them.
want-it-all-now-queen.gif

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17
Can't make up my mind whether to pick this up or just stick with my 4 disc fullslip digipack...
I don't need both but don't know if I can bear to part with the digipack in favour of this....
Keep the 4K Digipack. At least thats what I'm doing. It's a stunning release and remains the definitive Blade Runner release. These "Film Vault" releases are unnecessarily bloated and the package only includes the final cut. They could have at least included something cool like a 7" of one of the soundtrack songs or the full CD soundtrack or all versions of the film, that would have been a true "Film Vault". A few paper items that you get in every edition and a 2000s plastic hologram are just not worth the space on the shelf and 50 freakin dollars.

Think I might pass now on goodfellas and scarface. Was hoping for a much better finish on the digipak style casing. Like some spot gloss etc. Not just simple boring matte

And the “All rights reserved” rubbish on the clear blocks looks awful. Ruins the whole block

Is it me or is there an elephant in the room with those plastic blocks thingymajigs, the Blade Runner one in the photo and promo video mock ups clearly show they are eched with the limited edition numbers ie XXXX of 3000, but the actual one in those photos doesn't. That's a serious omission.......unless it's just a sample, but I would be worried.....:ohno:

The art is great on these, and I love digipacks, but upon looking at it with clearer eyes, so to say, there isn't much there for £50. CD-sized digipack, like on many $10 CD albums nowadays, 8 artcards with art we've already seen and have in numerous other editions, in artbooks, digibooks, etc. And that's it.
No booklets, no character cards, no other memorabilia except for the plaque. So you're paying double the price for that, and the pretty box with a magnet flap.
I still like it, and I guess people are paying even more for those childish, out of focus lenti slips, or worse, One-Click boxes and never ever seeing them, keeping them sealed...:hilarious:

Is it me or is there an elephant in the room with those plastic blocks thingymajigs, the Blade Runner one in the photo and promo video mock ups clearly show they are eched with the limited edition numbers ie XXXX of 3000, but the actual one in those photos doesn't. That's a serious omission.......unless it's just a sample, but I would be worried.....:ohno:

Reactions: Lenny Nero and MM3
Well, that's good to know, and now we know who the shills with free copies are on all those youtube unboxing videos....:naughty:

I think it looks pretty good in all honesty, but the printed logos, huge size and the high price are putting me off, hoping for a sale soon....
Haha yeah... shame, shame, shame!! :p

I agree though, they look great! I'm used to rating logos at this point, so the only real off-putting thing for me is the price, but I'll definitely jump on them if they do eventually go on sale.

They seem like nice sets but there’s still issues that over the years you would think these studios would learn when it comes to these collectors editions.

So positives are it’s lovely artwork all around for all 4, and they seem pretty huge (although not sure where I’d fit them on my shelves), contents seem cool with extra bits etc. But my cons are printed PET back, no finish on the box art work, ratings on the front of the PET, all rights reserved on the numbered blocks.

Overall yeah they seem okayish but those 4 problems (for me) stop these from being premium sets imo. They just never learn.

Make the printed back a info sheet, the ratings stickers, for the price they should have a finish and remove the all rights reserved. It’s not rocket science.

At the least the art is nice..... I suppose