Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #001) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: December 12, 2022
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Vice-Press - HMV
Price: £49.99

VAULT #001 - PREMIUM 4K Blu-ray COLLECTOR'S Edition - Limited to 3,000 copies
  • New key art by Matt Ferguson & Florey from Vice Press
  • Acetate O-Ring, removes for type-free display of your key art
  • Unique, individually numbered crystal display plaque
  • Rigid clamshell box with magnetic closure
  • Feature film on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, plus Special Features
1A_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_2D-Packshot.png

1B_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_3D-Packshot.png

1665690757053.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy with how this turned out. Only ordered Scarface and Goodfellas as I don't yet own either on 4K but yeah that's a decent set for 50 quid and the artwork choices are excellent. Pretty chonky box too

Nope..
I think it looks okay but let down by the plaque and the inner that holds the digipack and plaque in place, ie, just a cut out cardboard tray which, judging by the way the plaque had slid down the back of it, probably doesn't do a very good job of holding the contents in place...
It's a bit below me, to be honest....
Yea that crystal falling down the back made me cringe for the manufacturer! Haha. Not a good start.

Reactions: leelee17
Nah this just isn't it. Happy for anyone who gets some value out of this but for me this whole collection just isn't hitting the mark for the price.
The artwork is fantastic, and the packaging looks rigid and premium so that's nice. However the 'goodies' aren't enough. Feel like they missed an opportunity to provide maybe a full sized booklet with more nice artwork and finish. That would have made it feel more collectable imo. But some cards and a gimmicky crystal thing with "all rights reserved" on it is just not great. Then there's the BBFC logos :facepalm: ruins the artwork... they need to be removable on a premium edition. If people want to display this all you want to see is the art and the title, not big age ratings and blu ray logos. So close but so far :dunno:

Nah this just isn't it. Happy for anyone who gets some value out of this but for me this whole collection just isn't hitting the mark for the price.
The artwork is fantastic, and the packaging looks rigid and premium so that's nice. However the 'goodies' aren't enough. Feel like they missed an opportunity to provide maybe a full sized booklet with more nice artwork and finish. That would have made it feel more collectable imo. But some cards and a gimmicky crystal thing with "all rights reserved" on it is just not great. Then there's the BBFC logos :facepalm: ruins the artwork... they need to be removable on a premium edition. If people want to display this all you want to see is the art and the title, not big age ratings and blu ray logos. So close but so far :dunno:
Think you nailed it. I think £50 is just too much for what they are. Like £50 is well into premium steelbook territory. I did want the 1917 one but not for £50. Those crystal things look cool though.

Couldn't watch that longer than a minute, such a bad, constantly out of focus camera.

Think you nailed it. I think £50 is just too much for what they are. Like £50 is well into premium steelbook territory. I did want the 1917 one but not for £50. Those crystal things look cool though.
I said the same thing two days earlier on the previous page, but I didn't get a 'pat on the back', "nailed it" reply. :arghh:

Milton.gif

Delivered today! (Goodfellas should arrive in a couple days)
REALLY impressed with the packaging and also size, from the beauty shots i thought this came in like a cd case.
I took a photo of size comparison to a regular bluray case.
Looking fwd to purchasing more of these in the future!

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 97
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 94
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 102
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 99
Delivered today! (Goodfellas should arrive in a couple days)
REALLY impressed with the packaging and also size, from the beauty shots i thought this came in like a cd case.
I took a photo of size comparison to a regular bluray case.
Looking fwd to purchasing more of these in the future!
How were your internals around the Crystal? Most have had it smash through the side wall into the internal housing during transit. Mine also had this issue. There should be a polystyrene cut out under the tray to stop the weight of the Crystal pushing through. Very nice edition though. Beautiful artwork. People bitching about the lack of discs etc, like we don’t already have those anyway.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Blade Runner is sold out all retailers

Third party sellers only at the moment

I only purchased Scarface as I did not have that in 4K

I had pre ordered Blade Runner but cancelled that order in November
I already have 3 other releases of the existing Blade Runner in 4K UHD so don't need another

I would have purchased Blade Runner again if discs had of been a new remaster with new extras

Blade Runner is sold out all retailers

Third party sellers only at the moment

I only purchased Scarface as I did not have that in 4K

I had pre ordered Blade Runner but cancelled that order in November
I already have 3 other releases of the existing Blade Runner in 4K UHD so don't need another

I would have purchased Blade Runner again if discs had of been a new remaster with new extras
Doesn’t need a new transfer in my opinion. What are your problems with the 4K transfer? I think it’s as honest as it possibly could be. The original negative was reportedly over processed whether on purpose or not. Some of the scenes may have required push processing but all grain is intact and I think the picture is wonderful on my oled. Fair enough some new stuff but what really could they include? The cover artwork on the Scarface is beautiful though with the blood carpet.

Doesn’t need a new transfer in my opinion. What are your problems with the 4K transfer? I think it’s as honest as it possibly could be. The original negative was reportedly over processed whether on purpose or not. Some of the scenes may have required push processing but all grain is intact and I think the picture is wonderful on my oled. Fair enough some new stuff but what really could they include? The cover artwork on the Scarface is beautiful though with the blood carpet.
I did not say there was anything wrong with the 4K transfer
The Blu-ray disc though could be improved with a new remaster and encoding as all blu-ray releases has the existing VC-1 encode from 2007

This release offered nothing for me to purchase again as it does not have any new disc extras content and I already have other 4K UHD editions of Blade Runner that cost a lot less

The UK 4 Disc Digipack 4K release from 2017 is lot better value as that has more discs with all cuts of the film and also more extras on the discs

3196SC2h4-L.jpg

I got Goodfellas, Scarface and Blade Runner all from Zavvi. Only Goodfellas came undamaged. Sorted out a refund for the other two but missed out on a replacement for Blade Runner due to selling out. Re ordered Scarface from Hmv and also came damaged so returning that as well.

Due to these arriving damaged I will more than likely skip the next lot as not worth the hassle, when will these retailers learn to use superior packaging for these editions, they ought to take a leave out of filmarenas book.

I will however say that I find the editions nice and the artwork is good.

Reactions: leelee17
I did not say there was anything wrong with the 4K transfer
The Blu-ray disc though could be improved with a new remaster and encoding as all blu-ray releases has the existing VC-1 encode from 2007

This release offered nothing for me to purchase again as it does not have any new disc extras content and I already have other 4K UHD editions of Blade Runner that cost a lot less

The UK 4 Disc Digipack 4K release from 2017 is lot better value as that has more discs with all cuts of the film and also more extras on the discs

View attachment 547001
Still the best edition out there, in my opinion...

Reactions: paulboland
I got Goodfellas, Scarface and Blade Runner all from Zavvi. Only Goodfellas came undamaged. Sorted out a refund for the other two but missed out on a replacement for Blade Runner due to selling out. Re ordered Scarface from Hmv and also came damaged so returning that as well.

Due to these arriving damaged I will more than likely skip the next lot as not worth the hassle, when will these retailers learn to use superior packaging for these editions, they ought to take a leave out of filmarenas book.

I will however say that I find the editions nice and the artwork is good.
What kind of damage was there, the heavy plexiglass thing sliding through carton, or something on the outside?

Still the best edition out there, in my opinion...

Contentwise, it is easily the best Blade Runner release. I have the Manta DL which is lovely and I have just added the extra discs for a complete edition. It seems very odd they didn't include the extra discs with the Vault edition, which does look rather nice.

Incidentally, although the UK set is long out of print and goes for silly money on Ebay, the French version is still available with the only content difference being it has a DVD (yes, DVD) of the Final Cut instead of the Blu-rayin the UK edition.

Amazon product

Reactions: paulboland
What kind of damage was there, the heavy plexiglass thing sliding through carton, or something on the outside?
I had one Scarface come with damage to the outer box and one with damage to the inner around the numbered glass it had ripped. Then Blade Runner was damaged on outer and inner.

I had one Scarface come with damage to the outer box and one with damage to the inner around the numbered glass it had ripped. Then Blade Runner was damaged on outer and inner.
Well I buckled on this edition and bought it just before Xmas from Entertainment Store via Amazon and it arrived well packaged and no external damage, the outer slip and box where mint, however my crystal block had also slipped and was sliding around.

I think it's a given that these editions are going to have this issue (most unboxing vids show the same problem.), so If you have a good outer box, then that's a total win as far as i'm concerned, I expect many if not most of this range will have the same issues with the internal carboard tray being bashed in a bit.

However, I did manage to kind of fix the problem. Using double sided tape (3M Scotch) and a bit of fiddling with a paperclip (bending it out in a v-shape) managed to repair this quite well. Use it as a hook to get the bottom squared flap back folded inside the space for the crystal plaque

The issue is that the sides are only made up of 2 flaps of card, top is a triangle and the bottom is retangular, and there is hardly any glue sticking these bits together so it comes loose easily.

I just cut out a triangle shape of double sided tape, placed it on the triangle shape and using the paper clip, kind of wedged it behind the pieces of card and pushed them together (giving it some pressure) and it worked a treat. It's a bit fiddly getting the paperclip back out as its a bit tight around the side/inner corner where there is a gap to push it through.

Hope this helps some who need to repair, although it's quite easy to work it out anyway, so maybe you already fixed it, but there you go.

I hope the next batch of releases fix this issue !!!!

Reactions: Beersandblurays