Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Bliss (2019)

Genre: Horror

Director: Joe Begos

Cast: Dora Madison, Tru Collins, Rhys Wakefield, Jeremy Gardner, George Wendt, Chris L. McKenna, Rachel Avery, Abraham Benrubi, Graham Skipper, Mark Beltzman, Jesse Merlin, Matt Mercer, Josh Ethier, Jackson Birnbaum, Susan Slaughter, Erin Braswell, Zoe Cooper, Simone Wasserman, Kristin Lorenz, Har Mar Superstar

Release: 2019-09-27

Runtime: 80

Plot: In need of creative inspiration, a professionally stagnant and hard-partying Los Angeles artist recklessly indulges in a series of drug binges. As the narcotics fly out of control, so does her newfound and inexplicable, yet unquenchable, craving for blood.

I was going to buy a mediabook of this film sight unseen, but after being deceived by Prisoners of the Ghostland recently, which had a great trailer, and similar praise of director's previous works, as well as the overall genre and premise, I've started to doubt my 'spider senses', so downloaded a copy to check.
Right from the opening credits and music, I understood that it's definitely an awesome movie, my kind of film, and could have bought it 'blind'! Adding to what one quote in the trailer rightfully stated, it's as if Gaspar Noé would make a Near Dark film by way of Abel Ferrara.
The director here, Joe Begos, is basically our age, if not younger, same 'millennial' generation, with the same fan-boy tastes in 80's and 90's cinema, grunge and post-punk music, maybe with some earlier grindhouse thrown in as influence, and seemingly tries to recreate that style in all his movies, which I'll now be tracking down, starting with The Mind's Eye and VFW!
Highly recommended!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database