[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Blonde

Genre: Drama

Director: Andrew Dominik

Cast: Ana de Armas, Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Garret Dillahunt, Julianne Nicholson, Sara Paxton, Toby Huss, Scoot McNairy, Sonny Valicenti, David Warshofsky, Evan Williams, Xavier Samuel, Ned Bellamy, Caspar Phillipson, Lucy DeVito, Michael Masini, Spencer Garrett, Chris Lemmon, Rebecca Wisocky, Dan Butler, Lily Fisher, Colleen Foy, Catherine Dent, Haley Webb, Brian Konowal, Tatum Shank, Andrew Thacher, Alexander Kanellakos, Dominic Leeder, Lidia Sabljic, Isabel Dresden, Skip Pipo, Tyler Bruhn

Plot: A chronicle of the inner life of Marilyn Monroe.

blonde.jpeg

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Been looking forward to this for a while. All over it

.... For the plot of course

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
Watched this last night. Incredible film and performance. It’s not what I imagined at all. They delve straight into the trauma and mental health side of her life as well as most other elements. It’s one of the weirdest biography’s I’ve ever seen because of the creative choices and ways of filming. It’s absolutely beautiful how it’s made, the cinematography, shifting ratios, the black & white, colour and all it’s different styles. Sometimes it’s was like a bad trip in the 50s, very impressive stuff. I also wasn’t expecting a borderline psychological horror!
Nearly 3 hours long but worth it imo

Ana was incredible. Absolutely incredible

Haven't seen this one yet but so far IMO Andrew Dominik hasn't made a bad film/documentary. (I'm huge Nick Cave fan...)

Love the film.
Hate the title.
Great score.
Every1 knows this is not The Truth.

This movie is messed up! It's so emotionally hard to watch, that I'd compare it to Requiem for a Dream, leaves the same depressing feeling.
That's probably why people didn't like it, they didn't expect something so realistic and heavy. No matter to how accurate or truthful it is, this must be the most accurate representation of how used and alone actors feel, how childhood trauma feels, how living with grief, addictions, and mental problems is.
@Flloydo is right, I'd also call it a horror, more so, than all those horror movies.

Reactions: Space Cadet
This movie is messed up! It's so emotionally hard to watch, that I'd compare it to Requiem for a Dream, leaves the same depressing feeling.
That's probably why people didn't like it, they didn't expect something so realistic and heavy. No matter to how accurate or truthful it is, this must be the most accurate representation of how used and alone actors feel, how childhood trauma feels, how living with grief, addictions, and mental problems is.
@Flloydo is right, I'd also call it a horror, more so, than all those horror movies.
I’d honestly place this film on the same shelf as requiem for a dream, spun and fear and loathing. Leaves me with the same dread.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Same level of depression I've found in Michael Haneke films. And in original dutch The Vanishing and maybe Speak No Evil. Have fun watching those ... :naughty:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database