Slipbox Blood Simple. (Director's Cut) (Blu-ray Slipbox w/ Elite Case) [Korea]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: March 30th, 2016
Purchase links: KimchiDVD - Novamedia
Price: $23.99 (Kimchi) - $24.99 (Nova)

1660557_859900284119614_7122737293100293870_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great film but I'm not feeling that artwork. I'm sure they could have used something better for the front cover.
It is the original poster art, which I appreciate, but it doesn't really stick out. I might just still get it because I want EVERY Coen bros to receive special treatment.

It is the original poster art, which I appreciate, but it doesn't really stick out. I might just still get it because I want EVERY Coen bros to receive special treatment.
Yeah I noticed that when I looked in to it. I'm used to the DVD cover with the shovel. I'm not a fan of the original poster art though, it doesn't remind me enough of the film. If it's region free I could be tempted though as this hasn't been released in the UK yet and the US one is region A locked.

Yeah I noticed that when I looked in to it. I'm used to the DVD cover with the shovel. I'm not a fan of the original poster art though, it doesn't remind me enough of the film. If it's region free I could be tempted though as this hasn't been released in the UK yet and the US one is region A locked.
Now THIS I would absolutely love:
images

Accidentally saw this when checking out T2 direct. I have waited a long time for this playable in region B so let's hope Nova Media are right when they say it's region free. I love this movie. My DVD is not much better than VHS.

It looks beautiful, I wanted to order some days ago but I read this, so I'll pass this beautiful edition and go for the restoration:

"The Coen brothers, who recently participated in a Berlin Film Festival tribute to their old friend Ben Barenholtz, who helped them start their long careers, will show on April 30 at the Castro Theatre a recent restoration of their first feature "Blood Simple" (1984) at the 59th San Francisco International Film Festival (April 21-May 5). They will celebrate sibling international art-house cinema pioneers Janus Films and the Criterion Collection with an onstage conversation with partners Peter Becker and Jonathan Turell of Janus Films and the Criterion Collection. "

“By insisting on the highest quality for both theatrical and home exhibition, Janus Films and the Criterion Collection have gone beyond honoring great films and filmmakers-they're doing more than any other contemporary company to make cinephilia sexy again,” said Rachel Rosen, San Francisco Film Society's director of programming. “Their painstaking restoration of 'Blood Simple,' a film that Mel Novikoff also championed, is a great illustration of how deserving they are of this award.”

It looks beautiful, I wanted to order some days ago but I read this, so I'll pass this beautiful edition and go for the restoration:

"The Coen brothers, who recently participated in a Berlin Film Festival tribute to their old friend Ben Barenholtz, who helped them start their long careers, will show on April 30 at the Castro Theatre a recent restoration of their first feature "Blood Simple" (1984) at the 59th San Francisco International Film Festival (April 21-May 5). They will celebrate sibling international art-house cinema pioneers Janus Films and the Criterion Collection with an onstage conversation with partners Peter Becker and Jonathan Turell of Janus Films and the Criterion Collection. "

“By insisting on the highest quality for both theatrical and home exhibition, Janus Films and the Criterion Collection have gone beyond honoring great films and filmmakers-they're doing more than any other contemporary company to make cinephilia sexy again,” said Rachel Rosen, San Francisco Film Society's director of programming. “Their painstaking restoration of 'Blood Simple,' a film that Mel Novikoff also championed, is a great illustration of how deserving they are of this award.”

That took the wind out of my sails ;)
Dang! A possible criterion release?! Wow. :drool:

Reactions: dan8885
That took the wind out of my sails ;)
Dang! A possible criterion release?! Wow. :drool:

Yes. It was already in my Card at Kimchi when I found this article. I don't want to buy both so I'll go for Criterion!

"The San Francisco Film Society will present the Mel Novikoff Award on April 30 to international art house cinema sister companies Janus Films and the Criterion Collection at the 59th San Francisco International Film Festival, set to run from April 21–May 5.

Peter Becker and Jonathan Turell of Janus Films and the Criterion Collection will take part in an on-stage conversation followed by a screening of Criterion’s most recent restoration, Joel and Ethan Coen’s Blood Simple. The Coen brothers are expected to participate in the presentation."

Yes. It was already in my Card at Kimchi when I found this article. I don't want to buy both so I'll go for Criterion!

"The San Francisco Film Society will present the Mel Novikoff Award on April 30 to international art house cinema sister companies Janus Films and the Criterion Collection at the 59th San Francisco International Film Festival, set to run from April 21–May 5.

Peter Becker and Jonathan Turell of Janus Films and the Criterion Collection will take part in an on-stage conversation followed by a screening of Criterion’s most recent restoration, Joel and Ethan Coen’s Blood Simple. The Coen brothers are expected to participate in the presentation."

Eh, I'll get both versions. The Coens are my favorite directors so I don't mind double (in this case triple) dipping. Thanks for the Info though :thumbs:

Sometimes I want the packages themselves. I own 8 different versions of DREDD, and it's NOT because they are all different transfers!!:rofl: I will be absolutely fine with owning this and a Criterion Edition - as long as each is different enough in extras and presentation. The Criterion will probably have one of the special Criterion artwork covers they do in-house. This version is totally worth it because it is the original one-sheet art.
That alone makes it a valuable pick-up, IMO.