Bloody fatalities to return in next Mortal Kombat

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
With Midway?s financial problems, people have been wondering what would happen to the Mortal Kombat series. Regardless of what happens to Midway, it seems that MK co-creator Ed Boon is convinced Mortal Kombat will return, and this time with bloodier, better fatalities.

Tentatively titled MK9, there isn?t much info on the series except for what Boon reveals through his twitter feed. Many posts are jokes, like this tweet: ?No the fatalities we are capturing...sorry, kapturing are for the next MK9: Attack of the Nuns: Get in the Habbit !!?

Others seem serious: ?Motion capturing special moves & fatalities today?.they are kind of sick !!?

The last entry in the series, Mortal Kombat vs. D.C. Universe, was rated 'T for Teen' and featured fatalities that were less bloody than the rest of the series. Most fans find the old fatalities much cooler -- erm, kooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! that's the reason I skipped MK vs DC no bloody fatalities. Doesn't matter if the game was good, just can't picture MK being blood-less to appeal to kids err whatever so I skipped it.

Sweet! that's the reason I skipped MK vs DC no bloody fatalities. Doesn't matter if the game was good, just can't picture MK being blood-less to appeal to kids err whatever so I skipped it.

it was decent. Not amazing, but good story.
________

Last edited by a moderator: