Blu-ray Entertainment Band

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Blu-Ray Entertainment Band (B.R.E.B.) Who wants to write a tune and try to organise some sort of recording? This might be kinda cool for us musicians on here. I'll lay down the drum track. That being said I have to objection to adding drum samples over top. I can sing as well if someone else doesn't step up for it. or we can have several people lay down their own vocals over the track and have different reditions rap, metal, rock, whatever. Does this sound cool or am I being a dork?

Blu-Ray Entertainment Band (B.R.E.B.) Who wants to write a tune and try to organise some sort of recording? This might be kinda cool for us musicians on here. I'll lay down the drum track. That being said I have to objection to adding drum samples over top. I can sing as well if someone else doesn't step up for it. or we can have several people lay down their own vocals over the track and have different reditions rap, metal, rock, whatever. Does this sound cool or am I being a dork?

I'm totally down with it - I can easily sub in for rhythm guitar tracks

Well I think the first thing would be to define what kind of sound are we going for?

I'm writing for my band as well so I have to maintain a balance with the material I hand over for either project

besides, looks like its just you and I at this point.

i like it heavy. not too worries about a peticular sound. i am a true believer that you make your own sound. i never try to "go after" a sound. I guess when you say sound you're prolly meaning genre. Anyhoo, i am easy. i can almost anything on the drums. Im trained in Jazz and have played latin, rock, metal, country and pop. the only thing i know i cannot play are those crazy fast double-bass patterns the kids are ripping off these days, haha.

i like it heavy. not too worries about a peticular sound. i am a true believer that you make your own sound. i never try to "go after" a sound. I guess when you say sound you're prolly meaning genre. Anyhoo, i am easy. i can almost anything on the drums. Im trained in Jazz and have played latin, rock, metal, country and pop. the only thing i know i cannot play are those crazy fast double-bass patterns the kids are ripping off these days, haha.

hmm if I get a random riff that doesn't fit, I'll post it here and we can go from there..

I take it everyone has a sound recorded of some kind?