Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
2.75 star(s) Rating: 2.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Blue Beetle

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Ángel Manuel Soto

Cast: Xolo Mariduena, Bruna Marquezine, Belissa Escobedo, Harvey Guillén, George Lopez, Adriana Barraza, Elpidia Carrillo, Damián Alcázar, Susan Sarandon, Raoul Max Trujillo

Release: 2023-08-16

Plot: Jaime Reyes acquires a mysterious scarab that binds to his spine and provides him with a powerful suit of blue alien armor.

DC and Warner Bros. are developing their first Latino superhero movie about Jaime Reyes, aka the “Blue Beetle".
Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal’s “Scarface,” has been tapped to write the screenplay.

In the comics, Mexican-American teenager Jaime Reyes is the third character to assume the mantle of the Blue Beetle after Dan Garret and Ted Kord.
Created by Keith Giffen, John Rogers, and Cully Hamner, the character made his first appearance in the comics in 2006’s “Infinite Crisis” #5.

View attachment 404409

20220526_123939.jpg

Looks a little too "for all ages", but thats fine...
Hopefully it does well, but I have a feeling its being released at the wrong time with DC going through all these changes.

I did like how at the end of the trailer he creates Cloud's sword. That was pretty cool.

Reactions: vexred
Christ where to start with that? First things first it looks absolutely awful, like how comic book movies used to be before X-Men and Raimi's Spider-Man set things on the right path

Also a massive lack of originality, things in that trailer that just looked a poor attempt to copy stuff we've seen already (got flashbacks to Ironman, Moonknight, Ms Marvel and others)

Looks like something that would be more at home at 6pm on a Sunday on Sky One with the Arrow and Flash TV shows rather than asking people to pay for a cinema ticket to see it :vomit:

Reactions: Lenny Nero
looks really weird and a strange character. Some of the visuals and action looks cool. But I’m just not sure. I have no clue about the character anyway nor do I really care especially with the DC reboot. Tbh all I care about is flash out of the final 4 films

That one scene really reminded me of iron man too. Bit cringe

Not really feeling it either... feels more like a "for all the family" Marvel tv series or something. Personally I'm ready and waiting for Gunn's DC reboot at this point.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database