Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Bohemian Rhapsody

Director: Bryan Singer

Cast: Rami Malek, Ben Hardy, Gwilym Lee, Joseph Mazzello

Release: 2018-12-25

Plot: A biopic following the life of Freddie Mercury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from watching this and WOW! What an epic movie, Rami Malek absolutely nailed the part of Freddie. My only issue is that it should've been a little longer showing the last few days of his life and the real life reactions of his fans, friends and family.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Just got home from watching it, tbh I don't get all the hate it's getting. It certainly wasn't a bad movie but wasn't great either IMO. Definetley go watch it at the cinema, you won't regret it :)

Would have been very interesting with Cohen.

Did you ever see this interview?

I really hope thats not the film we get.

weirdly
I think the movie needed a bit more post-death stuff. Maybe just 20 mins up to the tribute concert or something so it was a Queen movie not just a Freddie movie
Just got back from watching this and WOW! What an epic movie, Rami Malek absolutely nailed the part of Freddie. My only issue is that it should've been a little longer showing the last few days of his life and the real life reactions of his fans, friends and family.
he certainly did, but it felt like it skipped loads (they did more than the 3 albums covered in the movie for example)

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Bohemian Rhapsody has reappeared at the Cinema again this week and a singalong showing has been added.
We went along to the singalong as we felt that when we watched it back in October we were just too English to join in.
No holding back this time as the whole audience was rocking.
I have seen Queen back in the day at the outdoor Knebworth concert during the Magic tour back in 86
Although I am not the biggest Queen fan Freddie and Queen really rocked, more than any other group I have seen.
This film and this showing with the Audience joining in was the closest anyone could get to reliving that magic.
Loved it

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and harry
Bohemian Rhapsody has reappeared at the Cinema again this week and a singalong showing has been added.
We went along to the singalong as we felt that when we watched it back in October we were just too English to join in.
No holding back this time as the whole audience was rocking.
I have seen Queen back in the day at the outdoor Knebworth concert during the Magic tour back in 86
Although I am not the biggest Queen fan Freddie and Queen really rocked, more than any other group I have seen.
This film and this showing with the Audience joining in was the closest anyone could get to reliving that magic.
Loved it
With a singalong? NIIIIIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DrH
So after going down the 4K route I told myself I would not pay full price for a 4K release.
Could not resist Bohemian Rhapsody on release day in the UK
Watched immediately
Wow the concert and song parts of the movie are cranked up to 11
My HT had a real work out with this film

Reactions: Drum18
Finally watched it yesterday. As of fan of Queen's music, it was a blast. Loved every actor performance.

But then, after the credits rolled, I started thinking about all the factual errors, all the "movie timing magic" and went from "OH!!!" to "Hum...". I'm no Queen history fan as I was only a small kid when Live Aid aired, but from few glingse of history I could remember, it seemed a lot of important theme in the movie were off…
Seems like they took a lot of shortcuts, changed many dates, arranged many situation to make a more sentimental movie…

So, after all that, I think I can understand why many critics didn't appreciate the movie and why Queen music fans loved it.

I was a diehard Queen fan from the early days in the 70's saw them live still have all the albums I wanted to love this film but I couldn't. I agree with @Flloydo his comments on another thread too many inaccuracies and now there's talk of a sequel I hope not.

It just really annoyed me all those inaccuracies. However like @Drum18 said it’s still acted well and makes a entertaining movie as such but the actor as Freddie kept taking me away from watching a film about him and queen

It just really annoyed me all those inaccuracies. However like @Drum18 said it’s still acted well and makes a entertaining movie as such but the actor as Freddie kept taking me away from watching a film about him and queen
Its a film that was made to appeal to the masses which it has done and for me it was never about making a film about Freddie's sexuality because I remember all through the years of following Queen him being gay was never an issue it was never mentioned there was no social media in those days and he never did many interviews. I think Rami Malek comes across as a lovely guy and he did the best with what he had.For a Band who strived at times for perfection there were too many noticeable mistakes in the movie but hey its only my opinion I can understand why people like it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Drum18