Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Bohemian Rhapsody

Director: Bryan Singer

Cast: Rami Malek, Ben Hardy, Gwilym Lee, Joseph Mazzello

Release: 2018-12-25

Plot: A biopic following the life of Freddie Mercury.

Last edited by a moderator:
First photo of Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury...

$.jpg

Bryan singer is making this?!?!? Was not expecting that

They f*cked up though and Sacha baron Cohen should of been cast. It nearly happened but Brian May thought he would ruin it! He would of been amazing as Freddie

Reactions: Noodles

They f*cked up though and Sacha baron Cohen should of been cast. It nearly happened but Brian May thought he would ruin it! He would of been amazing as Freddie

Would have been very interesting with Cohen.

Did you ever see this interview?

I really hope thats not the film we get.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles

Ha IKR?! Still surprises me every time I remember he's directing. I was disappointed once Baron Cohen got the boot, but I reckon Malek is the perfect replacement... I honestly thought that was a genuine photo of Freddie when I first saw it. :wow:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Would have been very interesting with Cohen.

Did you ever see this interview?

I really hope thats not the film we get.

Wow no I hadn't seen that interview! I knew about some of the stories and that particular one he mentions but I swear if that happens half way through and the rest of the film is about the badger lover then it will be Shite and pretentious

May also thought Cohen would of made it too comedy but I really don't think he would of one bit. He would of been serious but because of his crazy life he lead then it would go a bit wolf of Wall Street funny at times plus just the way Freddie was at times

Ha IKR?! Still surprises me every time I remember he's directing. I was disappointed once Baron Cohen got the boot, but I reckon Malek is the perfect replacement... I honestly thought that was a genuine photo of Freddie when I first saw it. :wow:

Yeah proper weird choice for singer but I really hope this explores the madness that followed him. I want to see the crazy parties etc aswell as a touching film about his life

He looks good in that photo and looks the part but I'm not sure Malek has the chops to play Freddie, he may surprise me but everything I've seen him in he don't have the flamboyant character that Freddie had. Or at least I can't imagine him having it

After that interview Kaw posted I fear for the story of this film and where it will go

Let me guess, Brian May is playing Brian May :LOL:

Reactions: kaw and Noodles
Statement by Singer:

“Bohemian Rhapsody is a passion project of mine. With fewer than three weeks to shoot remaining, I asked Fox for some time off so I could return to the U.S. to deal with pressing health matters concerning one of my parents. This was a very taxing experience, which ultimately took a serious toll on my own health. Unfortunately, the studio was unwilling to accommodate me and terminated my services. This was not my decision and it was beyond my control. Rumors that my unexpected departure from the film was sparked by a dispute I had with Rami Malek are not true. While, at times, we did have creative differences on set, Rami and I successfully put those differences behind us and continued to work on the film together until just prior to Thanksgiving. I wanted nothing more than to be able to finish this project and help honor the legacy of Freddie Mercury and Queen, but Fox would not permit me to do so because I needed to temporarily put my health, and the health of my loved ones, first.”

Statement by Singer:

“Bohemian Rhapsody is a passion project of mine. With fewer than three weeks to shoot remaining, I asked Fox for some time off so I could return to the U.S. to deal with pressing health matters concerning one of my parents. This was a very taxing experience, which ultimately took a serious toll on my own health. Unfortunately, the studio was unwilling to accommodate me and terminated my services. This was not my decision and it was beyond my control. Rumors that my unexpected departure from the film was sparked by a dispute I had with Rami Malek are not true. While, at times, we did have creative differences on set, Rami and I successfully put those differences behind us and continued to work on the film together until just prior to Thanksgiving. I wanted nothing more than to be able to finish this project and help honor the legacy of Freddie Mercury and Queen, but Fox would not permit me to do so because I needed to temporarily put my health, and the health of my loved ones, first.”
If true, then shame on Fox! Goes to show that there's two sides (or more - waiting to hear from Rami) to every story.

Yeah... fired from Fox's lot and everything... seems like they all knew it was going to explode in few days...

Kinda hard to tell whether it looks great or not from that trailer, since there's barely any talking, but I'm interested to see more.

Can't believe how much Malek looks like Freddie though... they definitely chose the right replacement! :OMG:

• Thanks
Reactions: luke98
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database