Slipbox Bong Joon Ho Collection (Blu-ray Slipbox) [UK]

Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: April 19, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £41.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £46.99 (HMV)
Note: 6 Films - 7 Cuts

286508_front.jpg -

Last edited by a moderator:
Contains :

Barking Dogs Never Bite (2000),
Memories of Murder (2003),
The Host (2006),
Mother (2009),
Snowpiercer (2013),
Parasite (2019).

Nice set for those that don't, but I already own Parasite, Snowpiercer, The Host & have the criterion Memories of Murder ordered. So it'd just be for Barking Dogs.

Its a real shame that Netflix didn't choose to release Okja on blu-ray, you'd think they'd have capitalized on the Oscar win.

Very exciting, looking forward to seeing what the 7th disc is going to be.

@Strangerbyday Isn't there stand alone blu-ray for Barking Dogs ?
As far as I'm aware Barking Dogs was only made available in the UK as part of a Memories of Murder + Barking Dogs blu-ray set and not individually by Curzon in the UK
I nearly bought that set over Christmas but glad I waited now these have all come out together.

@Strangerbyday Sorry my bad. When took a closer look, some one is selling Barking Dogs in eBay. Keeping Memories to himself. Not stand alone _originally_. But you could get it that way, starting price 8 £ ...

eBay UK You'll find it. :thumbs:

Already own half of these films, but could still be tempted at the right price, so I'll wait/hope for a price drop.

Arrived today and I must say, this set is lovely - I'll try get some pics up soon if none appear anywhere else, but the box has spot gloss on all the text, and the back has all the film titles with a view from behind of the same graphic of director Bong.
This is not a collection of amarays, but instead inside is a cardboard fold-out case with plastic holders for each disc which have matching minimal designs on each, also linework designs for each film in pink and blue on the folding sides which don't have discs - also similarly minimal art cards for each film included. Set is about 3 standard amarays in size.
Will also investigate if there are any special features on each disc outside of the Parasite ones already mentioned.

Been seeing photos of this set all over Instagram and it looks so much nicer than I expected. Will definitely be picking it up once I have some cash spare... hopefully soon!

Finally went through all the discs to confirm special features, and was surprised to find that any disc that's already had a UK blu-ray release is just the exact same disc with new disc art.
I noticed this when I checked my Host disc to see what the special features were, then put the new collection disc in, and the player automatically continued at the same point in the special features, as if it were the same disc.
So this is the case for Mother, Snowpiercer and Host - Meanwhile Barking Dogs, Memories of Murder and Parasite are the new Curzon discs.

Barking Dogs - None
Memories of Murder - None
Host - Director's Commentary, 'The Making of The Host' with Director Bong Joon Ho, Deleted Scenes, Designing the Creature, Film Storyboards, Puppet Animatronix, Gag Reel, Memories of the Sewer, Special Effects Department, Cast Interviews
Mother - Making of Mother, The Transformation of Hye-Ja Kim, Cast and Crew Reflect, Trailer
Snowpiercer - Transperceniege: From the Blank Page to the Blank Screen, Chris Evans & Tilda Swinton on Snowpiercer, The Birth of Snowpiercer, The End of the World, and the New Beginning (Animated Prologue), Characters
Parasite - Making of, Deleted Scenes, Director Q&A from Curzon London Premiere

Also here are the audio and sub options for those interested since they're not listed online either, mostly English Subs across the board. Let me know if anyone needs this typed up instead of just in image form.
nDczTOc.jpg

I caved and picked it up... gorgeous set full of masterpieces! Unfortunately, mine arrived with a couple dings down one of the edges (thanks Zavvi :squint:), but I can't complain too much since I ended up getting it for £35 (again, thanks Zavvi :LOL:).