Anime Boogiepop Phantom: The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition) (Anime Limited) [UK]

lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: February 14, 2022
Purchase links: Anime Ltd - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £41.99 (Anime) - £48.99 (Amazon) - £54.99 (HMV) - £59.99 (Zavvi)

BP.PNG

Five years ago, a string of grisly murders shook the city to its core. Now terror has returned, and this time it has a name: Boogiepop. Everyone knows about Boogiepop: death incarnate, she stalks the night in search of fresh victims. Meet her and you simply... vanish. In the darkness, glass shatters and time stands still... There’s something out there and it's coming closer. Are you safe?

Features the complete Boogiepop Phantom series (episodes 1-12) over two Blu-ray discs, featuring both Japanese and English audio with English subtitles.
Extras on these discs consists of English Commentary, Clean Opening & Clean Endings, Music Videos for the Opening and Ending Songs, "Fruits" Music Video, TV Spots and Commercials.
Comes packed in a rigid slipcase with a Digipak to hold the two Blu-ray discs.
Also included is a 72-page booklet packed with artwork from the series.

Available in the US for a couple of years now, just £20, but without artbook.
Semi-sequel series also available.

Hope that artbook is not just those black&white sketches of characters and things from 48 sides. I think that's waste of paper. I mean, I got a 100 page book once with one of the Hellsing releases that was all just that.

Hope that artbook is not just those black&white sketches of characters and things from 48 sides. I think that's waste of paper. I mean, I got a 100 page book once with one of the Hellsing releases that was all just that.

That stuff's called settei and it's basically the designs and reference material used to actually make the show by the animators. It's a helluva lot more interesting than whatever promotional artwork that gets recycled for box art.