BOSE - Really worth the $$$$?

sxspdlgnd

Premium Supporter
Nov 28, 2010
NY
I am looking to purchase a new home theatre system...been asking everyone and everyone feels BOSE is the best? Help? Is that true? is it woth the money..? I like the V35 {$3400) Any one know of any similar system with same sound reproduction? or is it true BOSE is the best out right.? Appreciate the feedback...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I made a decision got the onkyo 709 recievers, mirage 5 speaker set for highs, nice bass box. And 2 Polk audio tsi400's. Now I have a question if anyone would comment. Can I use the polk's as my rear speakers? Or do they have to be up front? Gonna run 7.1. ?

If the Mirage came with a center channel, than use it for for that and the Polks as your fronts (main) and the rest as your surround speakers.

Just been looking into getting a Bose system - having tested two different ones, alongside a couple of A/V receiver/speaker kits, Bose came third and fourth. That's not to say they were no good at all, just that I got a better separates system for around £900 less than I could have got a Bose for.

I have a Bose Acoustimass 6 that I use in a small home theater room in the furniture store where I work part time. It's basically effective in being loud enough to draw people over to check out the home theater seating, which is the desired effect. But there is no comparison to my Klipsch reference system in my home theater at home. I purchased the Bose set after hearing it at Best Buy, and really not doing enough research on my own. Twelve years later, I am wiser . But at least I am getting some run out of that system. I will agree with most on here, Bose is not bad, but for the same money, there is a lot more in the world of sound to be had.

I have the 5.1 set of Bose cubes (Acoustimass 10 Series IV) in my bedroom. The sound is amazing for the size of speakers. I don't think they're worth the $1000+ retail. I picked mine up at a pawn shop for way less than half retail.

I'll second you on that pal the quality ain't bad bad certainly ain't worth the asking price , my personal favourite with Bose was when I was looking for a new pair of headphones and popped into a store .

Had a little look at the new quite comfort 25's lovely pair to wear but the sound was terrible for near on £300 and was advised they would sound better plugged into a stereo or amp .......

My answer to him was why are they advertised to be great with an iPhone then , fella didn't know what to say .

I'll second you on that pal the quality ain't bad bad certainly ain't worth the asking price , my personal favourite with Bose was when I was looking for a new pair of headphones and popped into a store .

Had a little look at the new quite comfort 25's lovely pair to wear but the sound was terrible for near on £300 and was advised they would sound better plugged into a stereo or amp .......

My answer to him was why are they advertised to be great with an iPhone then , fella didn't know what to say .
It's all about branding.

Bose targets consumers which want no hassle, yet pleasing eland minimalistic design when it comes to audio.

Let's say, mid to high class people when it comes to paychecks and standards.

They pump alot of money into advertising and branding themselves as the audio brand for this kind of market. So that when these kind of people go to an audio store, looking for something audiobased, hopefully the first brand which comes into mind.... Is Bose.

I'm not saying Bose is crap, they have some nice products, but there are better options which are cheaper.

But if you like the design and are happy enough with their sound and don't mind paying for it, be my guest.

To each their own...

I'd disagree I'd say people of whatever there pay Check might be will pay for quality .

For the point of no hassle I don't really understand that when it comes to this sort of thing ?

But one thing I will agree on is the branding and that's exactly what you are paying for .

I baught a set of PX4 Turtle Beach Gaming headphones . As well as using with a gaming console you can also use with other devices eather with a whire OR blutooth .

For what you get noise cancellation blah blag compered price wise to Bose very impressesd with the devices they can be used with .

Make bose to me seem limited .