UK
Release date: April 6th, 2015
Purchase link: Breaking Bad: The Final Season
Price: £19.99

11028966-1412874594-410086.jpg

11028966-1412874594-410556.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Season 5 has always been split for all the DVD/Blu-Ray releases I've seen....probably so they can generate more cash.

5 and the final season were also aired a year apart, the network have also done the same with Mad Men now.

Kinda sad this is a Zavvi exclusive, a wider release would've been nice, as I quite like the art that's been displayed for other countries, but a retailer exclusive will keep the price too high for me.

I'm guessing this will be a fairly small print run? Can't see them selling tonnes of copies at this kind of price, especially as the barrel set they released last year (which I have) was around £100 with an exclusive disc and items.

Season 5 was split in to two parts, the second being labelled "The Final Season".

:greedy::greedy::greedy: yo.

Season 5 has always been split for all the DVD/Blu-Ray releases I've seen....probably so they can generate more cash.

true. my (breaking) bad :naughty:. i have never seen even one episode. yes true ! but I have the complete collection blu-ray and it has also seasons 1 - 5 and final season. (just checked) one of these days I'll start watching ...

I got to season 3, got half way through then stopped watching, only started because people kept telling me watch it but i think the show was overrated.

But Bryan Cranston is a amazing actor.

Reactions: BradG1984
I got to season 3, got half way through then stopped watching, only started because people kept telling me watch it but i think the show was overrated.

But Bryan Cranston is a amazing actor.

I thought same but stuck with it and watched the whole thing - what a waste of my life that was!

EEK!

I gave into the hype last year and I absolutely love the show, was hooked from beginning to end. Most intense TV show I've ever seen, more so than The Sopranos. I don't shy away from admitting something was overrated, I've always thought The Wire was overhyped :muted:. After watching the show I can no longer go back to British TV as everything looks so lacklustre in comparison.

But £26.99 each, really? Knowing I can't just own one season without the others I'd better off not buying these for the sake of my wallet.

EEK!

I gave into the hype last year and I absolutely love the show, was hooked from beginning to end. Most intense TV show I've ever seen, more so than The Sopranos. I don't shy away from admitting something was overrated, I've always thought The Wire was overhyped :muted:. After watching the show I can no longer go back to British TV as everything looks so lacklustre in comparison.

But £26.99 each, really? Knowing I can't just own one season without the others I'd better off not buying these for the sake of my wallet.
If you like/wanted the Steels, you can get the entire Steelbook series (same as Zavvi's) plus a nice outer box from the Netherlands, for £102.00 delivered (at current exchange rates - as the cost is 129.47 Euros inc P&P) which includes track & trace shipping to UK - currently cheaper than getting the individual steels from Zavvi.

I thought the show was great too, but don't like the Steelbook artwork - plus all the seasons are on Netflix so it's a lot cheaper to watch it again that way :p

Last edited:
If you like/wanted the Steels, you can get the entire Steelbook series (same as Zavvi's) plus a nice outer box from the Netherlands, for £102.00 delivered (at current exchange rates - as the cost is 129.47 Euros inc P&P) which includes track & trace shipping to UK - £59.94 cheaper than getting the individual steels from Zavvi.

I thought the show was great too, but don't like the Steelbook artwork - plus all the seasons are on Netflix so it's a lot cheaper to watch it again that way :p

Thanks a lot for sharing that! Not overly keen on the artwork myself. Double dipping needs to stop somewhere :)

Possibly the worst art I have ever seen in my life. My 4 year old could do better. And for one of my all time favourite shows,it's such a shame. Ridiculously priced as well. Pass!

Reactions: MrBMT
Not a fan of the artwork but I do enjoy the seasons and I would prefer Netflix on cheaper terms...

Six SteelBooks @ £20 each = £120! For a series which can be bought as a whole as a box set for half the price! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!

The recently announced complete series tin box set is only £86.50 on Amazon.co.uk, so even at £15 each these SteelBooks would STILL be over-priced!

This is an extortionate way to buy a series which has been released more times in the last 12 months than the Alien films, considering the fact that most people who are interested in owning the series on Blu-Ray will most likely already own one of the complete box sets or have the tin box set on pre-order!

Will prob be tomorrow, I think they have been every day since the weekend