Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed Bride of Re-Animator Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD Limited Edition (Arrow Video) UK/USA

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 11th April 2016
UK
Purchase Links:

Arrow Films (Sold Out OOP)
Price: £17.99
Amazon UK
Price: £18.99
Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Hmv
Price: £24.99

USA
Release Date:
12th April 2016
Purchase Links:
Amazon
Price: $27.99

DiabolikDVD.com
Price: $27.99

limited to 5,000 copies in the US and 5,000 copies in the UK
946132_1110206345680025_9090700801438290805_n.jpg

The success of Stuart Gordon’s hit horror-comedy Re-animator meant that a sequel was all but inevitable. The resulting follow-up, Bride of Re-animator – this time helmed by director Brian Yuzna (Society, Return of the Living Dead 3) – would prove that there was a good deal more life left in the story of Dr. Herbert West and his ghoulish exploits.

It is 8 years since the Miskatonic massacre. Unperturbed by the disastrous outcome of his previous meddling with the dead, Dr. West (again played by Jeffrey Combs) continues his research into the phenomenon of re-animation; only this time, he plans to create life – starting with the heart of his young protégé Dan’s dearly deceased, Meg Halsey. Surely nothing could go wrong?

With special effects master Screaming Mad George (the man behind the infamous “shunting” sequence in Society) on hand to contribute a host of characteristically weird and wonderful creations – including zombified bats and a one-eyed finger spider – Bride of re-animator is a more than worthy successor to Gordon’s original cult classic.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restorations of the Unrated and R-rated versions of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
  • Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
  • Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet
  • Limited Edition Packaging to be revealed
DISCS 1 & 2 – BLU-RAY/DVD – UNRATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the Unrated version
  • Brand new audio commentary with Brian Yuzna
  • Audio Commentary with Brian Yuzna, star Jeffrey Combs, visual effects supervisor Tom
  • Rainone and the effects team including John Buechler, Mike Deak, Bob Kurtzman, Howard Berger and Screaming Mad George
  • Audio Commentary with stars Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott
  • Brian Yuzna Remembers Bride of Re-animator – brand new featurette in which the director looks back at the making of the first Re-animator sequel
  • Splatter Masters: The Special Effects Artists of Bride of Re-animator – Brand new FX featurette with a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Robert Kurtzman of KNB, Screaming Mad George, Tony Doublin and John Buechler
  • Getting Ahead in Horror – archive making-of featurette
  • Deleted Scenes
DISC 3 – BLU-RAY – R-RATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the R-rated version
1914740_1153455481355111_3867549043018524413_n.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely artwork. Already got the german Mediabooks, but definitely consider a purchase of this one. Hopefully we'll see about the packaging soon, but the art is - and the fact that it's ARROW VIDEO!! - are definitely pros. ;)

I expect the packaging style will be nice going by recent arrow video limited editions
I will be getting this from arrow direct or amazon

The packaging artwork and style is still be to be revealed
I will post what this is as soon as I have the details and any other extra content that might be added to the release

Arrow Video limited editions have been very good
I will find out how limited it is soon for both UK and USA

Reactions: ty233
GBP 18 or 25...do you guys order from amazon and are sure for a pricedrop or do you order from Arrow (payment upfront)

???

@Hooch I always tend to order Arrow titles direct from Arrow, you do have to pay up front but they naturally get the first batch of stock of their releases and send out and deliver it a few days (sometimes 1 or 2 weeks) before any of the other retailers. Plus there is always the benefit that if you order directly from them you are guaranteed a copy.

Another bonus is you can use reward points which you get from any purchase on the Arrow shop on pre-orders titles and not just catalogue ones, I ordered this from the Arrow site for £11 including 1st class post option using some of my reward points.

Reactions: Hooch
From Arrow Video Facebook
** BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR FULL SPECS & ARTWORK **

The time has come to reveal full details of our upcoming Bride of Re-Animator release. The packaging will be fully embossed, much like our Society limited edition set.

This set is limited to 5,000 copies in the US and 5,000 copies in the UK - and has almost sold out in North America!

DATE. MATE. RE-ANIMATE.

The success of Stuart Gordon’s hit horror-comedy Re-Animator meant that a sequel was all but inevitable. The resulting follow-up, Bride of Re-Animator – this time helmed by director Brian Yuzna (Society, Return of the Living Dead III) – would prove that there was a good deal more life (and death) left in the story of Dr Herbert West and his ghoulish exploits.

It has been eight months since the bloody massacre at Miskatonic Medical School. Unperturbed by the disastrous outcome of his previous meddling with the dead, Dr West (again played by Jeffrey Combs) continues his research into the phenomenon of re-animation; only this time, he plans to create life – starting with the heart of his young protégé Dan’s dearly deceased, Meg Halsey. Surely nothing could go wrong?

With special effects master Screaming Mad George (the man behind the infamous “shunting” sequence of Society) on hand to contribute a host of characteristically weird and wonderful creations, Bride of Re-Animator is a more than worthy successor to Stuart Gordon’s original cult classic.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restorations of the Unrated and R-Rated versions of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Digipak packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
• Re-Animator: Dawn of the Re-Animator – the official comic book prequel to the original Re-Animator

DISC 1 [BLU-RAY] & DISC 2 [DVD] – UNRATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the Unrated version
• Brand new audio commentary with director Brian Yuzna
• Audio commentary with Brian Yuzna, star Jeffrey Combs, special effects co-ordinator Thomas Rainone and the effects team including John Buechler, Mike Deak, Robert Kurtzman, Howard Berger and Screaming Mad George
• Audio commentary with stars Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott
• Brian Yuzna Remembers Bride of Re-Animator – brand new featurette in which the director looks back at the making of the first Re-Animator sequel
• Splatter Masters: The Special Effects Artists of Bride of Re-Animator – brand new FX featurette with a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Robert Kurtzman of KNB, Screaming Mad George, Tony Doublin and John Buechler
• Getting Ahead in Horror – archive making-of featurette
• Meg is Re-Animated – deleted scene with behind-the-scenes footage
• Carnival Sequence – the cast and crew discuss this excised sequence

DISC 3 [BLU-RAY] – R-RATED VERSION – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

• Brand new 2K restoration of the R-Rated version
• Behind-the-Scenes Reel

‘RE-ANIMATOR: DAWN OF THE RE-ANIMATOR’ – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

• Perfect-bound booklet containing Re-Animator: Dawn of the Re-Animator, the 1992 comic prequel to Stuart Gordon’s original Re-Animator, reprinted in its entirety

1914740_1153455481355111_3867549043018524413_n.jpg

Last edited:
It arrived this morning and all I can say is OH... MY...

In terms of packaging this has to be one of the best releases Arrow has ever put out, and a contender for best packaging of the year already for me, it really has to be seen in hand to fully appreciate it. The slip is full gloss and the embossing is stunning! The illustrations in general are absolutely gorgeous too, and work brilliantly with the colour palette to make it really pop. If you haven't got this already I recommend getting it now, its f*****g gorgeous and I think this is gonna sell out quick once more pictures and reviews of it go out.

SLIP:

WP_20160402_078.jpg WP_20160402_103.jpg WP_20160402_091.jpg WP_20160402_092.jpg WP_20160402_098.jpg WP_20160402_100.jpg

CONTENTS / PREQUEL COMIC FRONT & BACK COVER:

WP_20160402_051.jpg WP_20160402_060.jpg WP_20160402_105.jpg WP_20160402_107.jpg

Last edited:
It arrived this morning and all I can say is OH... MY...

In terms of packaging this has to be one of the best releases Arrow has ever put out, and a contender for best packaging of the year already for me, it really has to be seen in hand to fully appreciate it. The slip is full gloss and the embossing is stunning! The illustrations in general are absolutely gorgeous too, and work brilliantly with the colour palette to make it really pop. If you haven't got this already I recommend getting it now, its f*****g gorgeous and I think this is gonna sell out quick once more pictures and reviews of it go out.

SLIP:

View attachment 231140 View attachment 231142 View attachment 231141 View attachment 231146 View attachment 231143 View attachment 231144
Does it glow in the dark?

Looks fantastic but until I receive it (dispatched yesterday) Society is still the one to beat :thumbs:

I have the society set too and love it to bits, it remains one of the best examples of embossing I've ever seen on a slip, but for me this one tops it. It really is something special when you have it in hand, the embossing and colour choice just work perfectly together. Plus this has a really decent weight to it, I know that may sound like a strange comment, but it feels how a limited edition set should feel, if that makes sense?

Either way, Arrow have gone all out on their two Brian Yuzna releases, and you on't be disappointed with this set at all! :thumbs:

Reactions: navydavey