Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed Bride of Re-Animator Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD Limited Edition (Arrow Video) UK/USA

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 11th April 2016
UK
Purchase Links:

Arrow Films (Sold Out OOP)
Price: £17.99
Amazon UK
Price: £18.99
Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Hmv
Price: £24.99

USA
Release Date:
12th April 2016
Purchase Links:
Amazon
Price: $27.99

DiabolikDVD.com
Price: $27.99

limited to 5,000 copies in the US and 5,000 copies in the UK
946132_1110206345680025_9090700801438290805_n.jpg

The success of Stuart Gordon’s hit horror-comedy Re-animator meant that a sequel was all but inevitable. The resulting follow-up, Bride of Re-animator – this time helmed by director Brian Yuzna (Society, Return of the Living Dead 3) – would prove that there was a good deal more life left in the story of Dr. Herbert West and his ghoulish exploits.

It is 8 years since the Miskatonic massacre. Unperturbed by the disastrous outcome of his previous meddling with the dead, Dr. West (again played by Jeffrey Combs) continues his research into the phenomenon of re-animation; only this time, he plans to create life – starting with the heart of his young protégé Dan’s dearly deceased, Meg Halsey. Surely nothing could go wrong?

With special effects master Screaming Mad George (the man behind the infamous “shunting” sequence in Society) on hand to contribute a host of characteristically weird and wonderful creations – including zombified bats and a one-eyed finger spider – Bride of re-animator is a more than worthy successor to Gordon’s original cult classic.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restorations of the Unrated and R-rated versions of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
  • Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
  • Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet
  • Limited Edition Packaging to be revealed
DISCS 1 & 2 – BLU-RAY/DVD – UNRATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the Unrated version
  • Brand new audio commentary with Brian Yuzna
  • Audio Commentary with Brian Yuzna, star Jeffrey Combs, visual effects supervisor Tom
  • Rainone and the effects team including John Buechler, Mike Deak, Bob Kurtzman, Howard Berger and Screaming Mad George
  • Audio Commentary with stars Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott
  • Brian Yuzna Remembers Bride of Re-animator – brand new featurette in which the director looks back at the making of the first Re-animator sequel
  • Splatter Masters: The Special Effects Artists of Bride of Re-animator – Brand new FX featurette with a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Robert Kurtzman of KNB, Screaming Mad George, Tony Doublin and John Buechler
  • Getting Ahead in Horror – archive making-of featurette
  • Deleted Scenes
DISC 3 – BLU-RAY – R-RATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the R-rated version
1914740_1153455481355111_3867549043018524413_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have the society set too and love it to bits, it remains one of the best examples of embossing I've ever seen on a slip, but for me this one tops it. It really is something special when you have it in hand, the embossing and colour choice just work perfectly together. Plus this has a really decent weight to it, I know that may sound like a strange comment, but it feels how a limited edition set should feel, if that makes sense?

Either way, Arrow have gone all out on their two Brian Yuzna releases, and you on't be disappointed with this set at all! :thumbs:

Got mine today, its a beauty all right, was not expecting the size (amount of pages) of the prequel comic booklet! Its massive!! :thumbs:

Still got to go with Society for my favourite Arrow packaging to date though :drool:

I love the Re-animator movies, sure hope Beyond makes it to blu soon, preferably from Arrow so they port over the extras from their DVD release

Reactions: RepoMan90
I love the Re-animator movies, sure hope Beyond makes it to blu soon, preferably from Arrow so they port over the extras from their DVD release

Absolutely! Although its not quite as enjoyable as the first two it certainly has its own charm, and I would still be totally on board for Beyond if they can get the rights, it would look a treat next to this. :thumbs:

Reactions: navydavey
Absolutely! Although its not quite as enjoyable as the first two it certainly has its own charm, and I would still be totally on board for Beyond if they can get the rights, it would look a treat next to this. :thumbs:

Agreed, personally not a patch on the first 2 movies but just like evil dead 3 it has its own unique appeal

I've noticed there's no print run details on this one so I guess it's standard fare 5-10,000 units?
There is Print Run Details
I posted the Print Run Details in this thread and in the limited edition thread

This set is limited to 5,000 copies in the US and 5,000 copies in the UK - and has almost sold out in North America!
From Arrow Video Facebook
** BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR FULL SPECS & ARTWORK **

The time has come to reveal full details of our upcoming Bride of Re-Animator release. The packaging will be fully embossed, much like our Society limited edition set.

This set is limited to 5,000 copies in the US and 5,000 copies in the UK - and has almost sold out in North America!

DATE. MATE. RE-ANIMATE.

The success of Stuart Gordon’s hit horror-comedy Re-Animator meant that a sequel was all but inevitable. The resulting follow-up, Bride of Re-Animator – this time helmed by director Brian Yuzna (Society, Return of the Living Dead III) – would prove that there was a good deal more life (and death) left in the story of Dr Herbert West and his ghoulish exploits.

It has been eight months since the bloody massacre at Miskatonic Medical School. Unperturbed by the disastrous outcome of his previous meddling with the dead, Dr West (again played by Jeffrey Combs) continues his research into the phenomenon of re-animation; only this time, he plans to create life – starting with the heart of his young protégé Dan’s dearly deceased, Meg Halsey. Surely nothing could go wrong?

With special effects master Screaming Mad George (the man behind the infamous “shunting” sequence of Society) on hand to contribute a host of characteristically weird and wonderful creations, Bride of Re-Animator is a more than worthy successor to Stuart Gordon’s original cult classic.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restorations of the Unrated and R-Rated versions of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Digipak packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
• Re-Animator: Dawn of the Re-Animator – the official comic book prequel to the original Re-Animator

DISC 1 [BLU-RAY] & DISC 2 [DVD] – UNRATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the Unrated version
• Brand new audio commentary with director Brian Yuzna
• Audio commentary with Brian Yuzna, star Jeffrey Combs, special effects co-ordinator Thomas Rainone and the effects team including John Buechler, Mike Deak, Robert Kurtzman, Howard Berger and Screaming Mad George
• Audio commentary with stars Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott
• Brian Yuzna Remembers Bride of Re-Animator – brand new featurette in which the director looks back at the making of the first Re-Animator sequel
• Splatter Masters: The Special Effects Artists of Bride of Re-Animator – brand new FX featurette with a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Robert Kurtzman of KNB, Screaming Mad George, Tony Doublin and John Buechler
• Getting Ahead in Horror – archive making-of featurette
• Meg is Re-Animated – deleted scene with behind-the-scenes footage
• Carnival Sequence – the cast and crew discuss this excised sequence

DISC 3 [BLU-RAY] – R-RATED VERSION – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

• Brand new 2K restoration of the R-Rated version
• Behind-the-Scenes Reel

‘RE-ANIMATOR: DAWN OF THE RE-ANIMATOR’ – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE

• Perfect-bound booklet containing Re-Animator: Dawn of the Re-Animator, the 1992 comic prequel to Stuart Gordon’s original Re-Animator, reprinted in its entirety

View attachment 228391

** BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR UK/US STOCK UPDATE **

Yuzna fans in the UK and US please take note of the below information - we don't expect this set to be around much longer!

US RELEASE: Bride if Re-animator is now classed as Out of Print in the US. Stock is still available with some retailers, so if you don't want to miss out please act fast and grab a copy.
Order via Amazon.com

UK RELEASE: Bride if Re-animator has now sold out via the Arrow Store. Stock is still available at Amazon and HMV so make sure to order your copy soon if you haven't already.
Order via Amazon.co.uk
Order via HMV

Yes, agree with all the positive comments about this package and even though quite dull with the green on black - not luminous/glow-in-the-dark, by the way, like the slip of ATTACK THE BLOCK for example - the embossing IS lovely.
Only retailer still with this in stock is Amazon @GBP 17.99 and "Sold out" everywhere else.

Yes, agree with all the positive comments about this package and even though quite dull with the green on black - not luminous/glow-in-the-dark, by the way, like the slip of ATTACK THE BLOCK for example - the embossing IS lovely.
Only retailer still with this in stock is Amazon @GBP 17.99 and "Sold out" everywhere else.
Although this is nice in hand, the quality for me is average, really badly creased and I still haven't opened it yet LOL....

Although this is nice in hand, the quality for me is average, really badly creased and I still haven't opened it yet LOL....
Shame you got a damaged one and reading comments from posters on other forums it seems that this is not an unusual occurrence with this boxset (n)
If from Amazon what I do is arrange a replacement which is with me a few days later, usually sent upgraded from standard to First Class mail, and what's more they will arrange for a delivery company to collect the damaged copy at your convenience if so desired.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Shame you got a damaged one and reading comments from posters on other forums it seems that this is not an unusual occurrence with this boxset (n)
If from Amazon what I do is arrange a replacement which is with me a few days later, usually sent upgraded from standard to First Class mail, and what's more they will arrange for a delivery company to collect the damaged copy at your convenience if so desired.
already got a replacement, that's the creased one!!!LOL, the first one was badly crushed, I watched an unboxing video on youtube and that's what made me buy it but I thought that the outerbox was a lot sturdier than in hand, as far as I'm aware the creased digipack issue is quite common with this release, I've seen 7 in hand and all are plauged with it, I'll keep my replacement as although it's bad it could be a lot worse...

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
Again, sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience with this item - guess we'll see a number of these appearing as Amazon Warehouse Deals in "Good/Acceptable" condition in the future going by what happened to you and other customers . . .
Don't know what's going on with this set and don't remember reading anything like that with previous similar sets.