Bride of Re-Animator Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD Limited Edition (Arrow Video) [UK/USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 11th April 2016
UK
Purchase Links:

Arrow Films (Sold Out OOP)
Price: £17.99
Amazon UK
Price: £18.99
Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Hmv
Price: £24.99

USA
Release Date:
12th April 2016
Purchase Links:
Amazon
Price: $27.99

DiabolikDVD.com
Price: $27.99

This set is limited to 5,000 copies in the US and 5,000 copies in the UK

946132_1110206345680025_9090700801438290805_n.jpg

The success of Stuart Gordon’s hit horror-comedy Re-animator meant that a sequel was all but inevitable. The resulting follow-up, Bride of Re-animator – this time helmed by director Brian Yuzna (Society, Return of the Living Dead 3) – would prove that there was a good deal more life left in the story of Dr. Herbert West and his ghoulish exploits.

It is 8 years since the Miskatonic massacre. Unperturbed by the disastrous outcome of his previous meddling with the dead, Dr. West (again played by Jeffrey Combs) continues his research into the phenomenon of re-animation; only this time, he plans to create life – starting with the heart of his young protégé Dan’s dearly deceased, Meg Halsey. Surely nothing could go wrong?

With special effects master Screaming Mad George (the man behind the infamous “shunting” sequence in Society) on hand to contribute a host of characteristically weird and wonderful creations – including zombified bats and a one-eyed finger spider – Bride of re-animator is a more than worthy successor to Gordon’s original cult classic.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restorations of the Unrated and R-rated versions of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
  • Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
  • Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet
  • Limited Edition Packaging to be revealed
DISCS 1 & 2 – BLU-RAY/DVD – UNRATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the Unrated version
  • Brand new audio commentary with Brian Yuzna
  • Audio Commentary with Brian Yuzna, star Jeffrey Combs, visual effects supervisor Tom
  • Rainone and the effects team including John Buechler, Mike Deak, Bob Kurtzman, Howard Berger and Screaming Mad George
  • Audio Commentary with stars Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott
  • Brian Yuzna Remembers Bride of Re-animator – brand new featurette in which the director looks back at the making of the first Re-animator sequel
  • Splatter Masters: The Special Effects Artists of Bride of Re-animator – Brand new FX featurette with a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Robert Kurtzman of KNB, Screaming Mad George, Tony Doublin and John Buechler
  • Getting Ahead in Horror – archive making-of featurette
  • Deleted Scenes
DISC 3 – BLU-RAY – R-RATED VERSION

• Brand new 2K restoration of the R-rated version
  • 1914740_1153455481355111_3867549043018524413_n.jpg

Last edited:
Replacement's for this and VIP Gangster just arrived, brilliant service considering I only contacted them yesterday, much better condition than the original's but sadly this has a massive crease on the digipack, for me this release is poor quality which is a shame as it looks brilliant, both of these which I received had the same creasing issue so I wonder if it is across the board on this release, did your's have the same problem @paulboland ?

Reactions: Sigill
Replacement's for this and VIP Gangster just arrived, brilliant service considering I only contacted them yesterday, much better condition than the original's but sadly this has a massive crease on the digipack, for me this release is poor quality which is a shame as it looks brilliant, both of these which I received had the same creasing issue so I wonder if it is across the board on this release, did your's have the same problem @paulboland ?
My bride of Bride of Re-Animator had very slight crease on the top of the digipack
It's not a bad crease like other's have got with their copies
The crease reduced over a few weeks due the the weight of a box set on the top so it's not as noticeable as when I first got it
I store my Arrow Video Box sets on a shelf and in a poly bag

The weight of the box set on top is just enough to not cause any more damage the way my copy is stored

• Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666