Bruckle says Disney + Laserdisc? Yes Please!!

Bruckle

Laserdisc Collection Award
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2015
Japan
image.jpg

Hey guys, while my Disney Steelbook collection obliviously still needs a bit of work :dunno::
image.jpg

I think I'm doing ok on the Disney Laserdisc front! :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So come on how about a few likes for Laserdiscs!! :thumbs::thumbs:

EDIT: just scored this lot of Zavvi Steels
IMG_7679.JPG

Last edited:
I have most of those laserdiscs myself and still enjoy them. They were and are still awesome with extras, books, CD's etc you never got with any other format. And lets remember if it wasn't for laserdisc we wouldn't have all the bells and whistles we have in home video formats today...... Surprised you don't have Snow White

Reactions: Bruckle
I have most of those laserdiscs myself and still enjoy them. They were and are still awesome with extras, books, CD's etc you never got with any other format. And lets remember if it wasn't for laserdisc we wouldn't have all the bells and whistles we have in home video formats today...... Surprised you don't have Snow White

Actually I did have way more. Including the box sets of Snow White, Cinderella, Aladdin, B&B, Fantasia, Pinocchio but they were taking up too much room so I let them go a few years back when I got rid of about 600 discs from my collection.

I agree with you about how LDs where the pioneer of all the great bells and whistles that we enjoy today on other formats. And some of the extras were truely amazing. I remember the Cinderella box set was absolutely huge, just so it could house a very nice looking, but totally unnecessary photo frame :drool:

Btw @Lollard2002 being a laserdisc owner, you might like to enter my laserdisc giveaway I have running presently :thumbs::thumbs:
Check it out

Well...decent rips can be found pretty easily, so....
Yeah thats true. A couple of other rare copies are a few of the early released LDs that contained a few uncensored cartoons from way back that haven't been released on any other format. Can't think of the title off those discs off hand though

Reactions: C.C. 95
Not Disney, but this is the actual grail of laserdiscs:
image.jpg

Tokyo Raiders. The last ever home release movie on laserdisc. Be looking at a few grand for this one, if there was ever a copy available for sale.

Btw @@Lollard2002 being a laserdisc owner, you might like to enter my laserdisc giveaway I have running presently :thumbs::thumbs:
Check it out

You have me interested. Was not the Beauty and Beast work in progess plagued by laserdisc rot to the extent that there are virtually no good copies out there?

You have me interested. Was not the Beauty and Beast work in progess plagued by laserdisc rot to the extent that there are virtually no good copies out there?
The U.S. Made one was, but as I mentioned, the Japanese box set came with a copy of the work print, and it has no rot reported.

Reactions: Lollard2002
Awesome stuff!

I've never owned a Laserdisc myself, but I remember I had a friend who had and he got hold of Natural Born Killers. This was way before it got released in here in Norway.

We must have been at least 10-15 of us going up to his place and watched it. Still one of my favourite films ever;)

Reactions: Bruckle