Brutal Legend Megathread (OUT NOW!)

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Br?tal Legend

Brutal_Legend_Cover_Art.jpg

Br?tal Legend is an action-adventure game under development by Double Fine Productions and to be published by Electronic Arts for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The game is scheduled to be released in October 2009 in both North America and Europe. Though Br?tal Legend was originally to be published by Vivendi Games prior to its merger with Activision, Activision had dropped the game from its portfolio after the merger. It was later picked up by Electronic Arts, though legal questions on the publication rights remain at issue, with Activision presently suing to block the sale of the game.

Tim Schafer, the game's creative director, was inspired to create the game by his own past musical experiences. The game will feature the character of Eddie Riggs, voiced by Jack Black, a roadie who is accidentally transported to a fantasy world inspired by the artwork of heavy metal album covers. Eddie becomes the world's savior, leading the down-trodden humans against a range of supernatural overlords using a battle axe, his Flying V guitar infused with magical powers, and a customizable hot rod. In addition to Black, the game will feature voices of both heavy metal musicians including Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Halford, Ozzy Osbourne and Lita Ford and other celebrities such as Tim Curry, as well as several metal songs selected by Schafer for inclusion in the game.

Brutal_legend_screen.jpg

Release date:
NA October 13, 2009
EU October 16, 2009
________

Last edited by a moderator:
Dio out of Brutal Legend, replaced by Tim Curry

Blabbermouth has revealed that heavy metal legend Ronnie James Dio will no longer be appearing in Tim Schafer?s upcoming music-inspired adventure romp, Brutal Legend.

According to Dio?s management, the musician?s role will be instead filled by actor Tim Curry. Brutal Legend stars Jack Black as protagonist Eddie Riggs as well as a host of iconic heavy metal stars, including Judas Priest's Rob Halford.

Reasons surrounding Dio?s omission from the game have yet to come to light, though speculation suggests it relates to a long running feud between the one time Black Sabbath vocalist and original frontman Ozzy Osbourne, who also appears in the title.

Brutal Legend is due out on PlayStation 3 this fall.
________

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, not only did they have the balls to put in a whitesnake song they had more balls to not include a Metallica track.

Although I'm guessing that's more Metallica's fault than Tim's.

Brutal Legend gets free DLC on PSN

Double Fine Productions and Electronic Arts announced today that the PlayStation 3 version of Brutal Legend is getting free DLC on November 5. This exclusive content is available free for two weeks exclusively on the PSN.

The content will include two multiplayer maps – The Circle of Tears and Death’s Fjord. It will also include the Blade of Ormagöden axe, coming to you thanks to the folks at Double Fine, Sony, and EA.

Here’s what Tim Schafer said in a press announcement: "I play Brutal Legend online every night, and I need more maps! Circle of Tears is named after the crying of my vanquished foes on the battlefield, and Death's Fjord is obviously a tribute to my Nordic ancestors, and their love of fan geysers and... Well, actually I just thought the name was cool. See you online!"

It sounds like this is only the first of multiple downloadable packs.