Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Bullet Train

Director: David Leitch

Release: 2022-08-05

Brad Pitt Commits To Board ‘Bullet Train’; David Leitch To Helm Sony Pictures Action Film

Brad Pitt is set to star in Bullet Train, the Sony Pictures action movie that just got as director David Leitch, the helmer of Deadpool 2 and Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.

Zak Olkewicz wrote the script, based on the Japanese novel Maria Beetle by Kotaro Isaka. In the novel, five assassins find themselves on a fast-moving bullet train from Tokyo to Morioka with only a few stops in between. They discover their missions are not unrelated to one another. The question becomes, who will make it off the train alive and what awaits them at the terminal station?

Pitt is coming off an Oscar-winning performance in the Quentin Tarantino-directed Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The actor is firming up his dance card, eyeing several projects but committing only to this one for now. A start date for later this year is eyed.

Antoine Fuqua developed the project originally with Fuqua Films’ Kat Samick, and they are producing along with Leitch and Kelly McCormick (Atomic Blonde) through their company 87North. Ryosuke Saegusa and Yuma Terada of CTB Inc are exec producers and rep Isaka and the IP. Leitch is overseeing a rewrite by Olkewicz to get the film ready to shoot.

Brittany Morrissey is the executive overseeing the project for Sony Pictures. Pitt is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

Harvill Secker will publish the novel Bullet Train in English next year.

via Deadline

Aaron Taylor-Johnson Joins Brad Pitt In Sony’s Action Pic ‘Bullet Train’

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is set to join the ensemble of the Sony action-thriller Bullet Train starring Brad Pitt. Joey King and Andrew Koji are also on board.

Hobbs & Shaw director David Leitch will direct and also supervise the script, which will be written by Zak Olkewicz.

The film is based on the Japanese novel Maria Beetle by best-selling author Kotaro Isaka. Ryosuke Saegusa and Yuma Terada of CTB Inc., who represent Isaka and the IP, are executive producers on the project.

Kelly McCormick will produce Bullet Train through 87North, along with Antoine Fuqua. Kat Samick is exec producing and Brittany Morrissey is the executive overseeing the project for Sony Pictures.

Plot details are vague though Taylor-Johnson is expected to play one of the four assassins in the film along with Pitt and King.

Best known for starring roles in Kick-Ass and Godzilla, Taylor-Johnson has become one of the busier leading men in the industry and has a couple big projects ahead of him. He currently has the Christopher Nolan thriller Tenet opposite John David Washington with the Kingsman prequel The King’s Man.

His other recent credits include A Million Little Pieces, David McKenzie’s Outlaw King, Tom Ford’s Nocturnal Animals, which he won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor and was nominated for a BAFTA Award, Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

via Deadline

bullet_train_ver3.jpeg

This is actually pretty good with a plot that makes sense, only found out is adapted from a novel today after I’d watched it

Just went and saw this. Totally loved it.
The story telling is a little chaotic at the start. With so many characters and backstories jumping back and forth it takes a bit to get going. But once you settle into it. It's a blast.

There is a sh!t ton of surprises and cameos, so I would recommend seeing it asap if you don't want them spoiled for you!
(I also avoided a lot of the trailers after the first one came out, so maybe some have been revealed already?)

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Just went and saw this. Totally loved it.
The story telling is a little chaotic at the start. With so many characters and backstories jumping back and forth it takes a bit to get going. But once you settle into it. It's a blast.

There is a sh!t ton of surprises and cameos, so I would recommend seeing it asap if you don't want them spoiled for you!
(I also avoided a lot of the trailers after the first one came out, so maybe some have been revealed already?)

Loved it too. Has a Tarantinoesque feel to it at times. Brilliant movie.

Those cameos :LOL:

I thought this was really fun. A ridiculously over the top action-comedy. If you know what you are going into I think most people will have a good time. I could see this becoming a guilty pleasure movie. Tangerine and lemon were the shining stars, I’d be up for a prequel because there banter was great.

Reactions: kaw
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database