Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Bumblebee: The Movie (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Travis Knight

Release: 2018-12-20

Plot: On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie, on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary yellow VW bug.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Source: ScreenRant
Paramount will be going back in time with their new Bumblebee spin-off film. The film is set to begin principal photography later this year, with a 2018 release date currently set. That means that Bumblebee will be hitting theaters one year after this summer’s Transformers: The Last Knight. Where that film marks the end of an era for the franchise, with Michael Bay confirming it’s his last Transformers film as director, Bumblebee promises to be the start of an entirely new age in the franchise – as director Travis Knight sets out to tell a solo story focused entirely around Optimus Prime’s beloved second Autobot in command.

Bumblebee
will be set in the 1980s, and will feature a much lower number of actual Transformers than any of the previous films. Based on a screenplay written by Christina Hodson, the setting will apparently help the studio skew the film towards a younger demographic than the Bay-directed outings. So far, the only reported Bumblee cast member is Hailee Steinfeld (of True Grit, Pitch Perfect 2 and The Edge of Seventeen fame).
Hailee-Steinfeld-Bumblee-spinoff.jpg

:vomit:
Just please kill this franchise... for freak sake...

The spinoff is overkill, I know :squint:... (But knowing me, I'll still watch it :D)

And wasn't a Part 6 and 7 for TF already confirmed? :confused: :p

"Michael Bay Says There Are 14 Transformers Movies Already Written"

Doesn't look to be ending anytime soon...
I'll watch it just for Hailee. Shes kinda cute. I'm not interested in anything else though
tumblr_nnaeelssXz1swhep0o1_500.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
YUP. 4REALZ.

I remember a while back Steven S. DeKnight (Netflix's Daredevil, Pacific Rim: Uprising) said he was working on a script for a Transformers movie. So I'm sure one of those 14 is that.

tumblr_mi1lcyqtu41qgcra2o1_500.gif

:D

Oh well, sometimes less is more... It's ALL gonna depend on how well TF5 and the Spinoff do at the box office ;)

Oh well, sometimes less is more... It's ALL gonna depend on how well TF5 and the Spinoff do at the box office ;)

I'm rooting for The Last Knight...
I'm hoping it can do something different and redeem the series. It would be nice to have a GOOD transformers movie for once... but I'm sceptical.

Actually doing a Bumblebee solo movie (Without any other transformers) sounds a lot more interesting to me then TLK. I feel like it would have more room to tell a story and develop character rather then it be a huge explosion-fest with a ton of characters that you can't tell who is who. OH And also make a reason for Transforming into a car a thing again.

Fingers crossed.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I think I'm done with transformers now! None are as good as the first.
The 2nd was diabolical - those scenes with the mum in college were cringe, I kinda didn't mind the 3rd to a degree but still completely over the top.
Didn't really like the last one either and not looking forward to the new one

FX are good but the hour of slow mo in every film kills me

If there are seriously 14 written then the end of the world is near!

A spin off is just a face palm

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro‘s Bumblebee is currently shooting in California, and the film’s star Hailee Steinfeld has taken to her Twitter to show off a first look at her 1980’s character Charlie Watson.

All I wish for is a good new director to come along and make movies about the war on cybertron...no humans...just transformers, with Megatronus and Orion Pax

Not a huge bumblebee fan really, I mean he is ok and all just there are other better transformers.

Hmm can't decide if I like the look of this or not... I love Hailee Steinfeld and think it's great that they're finally using a female as an intelligent main character rather than just some background totty. But, the trailer gave me 2003 Hulk vibes for some reason. Will definitely check it out though!

I just wish they would make movies out of the amazing transformers games - War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. I honestly don't care about the humans in the Transformers movies...I just want to see robots fighting!

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database