Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Bumblebee: The Movie (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Travis Knight

Release: 2018-12-20

Plot: On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie, on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary yellow VW bug.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
I’ve completely given up on the Bay Transformers franchise. The movies (which I enjoyed as a guilty pleasure to start with) are really just giant piles of metal turd.

Could this be the first actually decent Transformers movie? I hope so.

@Drum18 I've been burned too much so I'm still keeping a distance. I do like he G1 robot designs but they appear to be on Cybertron so them they gonna follow the IDW machine designs. I thought I saw in one of the clips the fairly triangular jet modes.

like yes lots of robots in the trailer when the first movie barely had a transformer for the first 45 minutes.

I'm more excited about this thursdays true Transfromers Screening! The one true movie! The 1986 movie!
‘You got the touch...you got the power’

Reactions: Drum18
Just got back from watching this and it's actually quite good, set in the 80s with the transformers looking like they did in the cartoons. Great 80s soundtrack and the movie flowed well without any scene cuts jumping from one place to another making no sense. Fight scenes were good and easy to follow. The trailers don't do the movie justice. Defo worth a watch.

Last edited:
Just gor back frim watching this and it's actually quite good, set in the 80s with the transformers looking like they did in the cartoons. Great 80s soundtrack and the movie flowed well without any scene cuts jumping from one place to another making no sense. Fight scenes were good and easy to follow. The trailers don't do the movie justice. Defo worth a watch.
Doesn’t have Bay helming, so it has to be at least watchable. Anything has to be an improvement.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I really enjoyed this, was a welcome change from the recent transformers movies. Only issue is it seems a bit confused if it's trying to be a prequel or a reboot, but I guess it's gonna eventually lead into a reboot depending on how it does with audiences.

I really enjoyed this, was a welcome change from the recent transformers movies. Only issue is it seems a bit confused if it's trying to be a prequel or a reboot, but I guess it's gonna eventually lead into a reboot depending on how it does with audiences.

Its box office numbers wont be as high as some of the other transformers movies no matter what. The over crowded release calendar this time of year will see to that (along with Transformer fatigue from Bay's movies). But I think this will be a soft reboot regardless of $$$. If you look at Rotten Tomatoes, its currently at 98%!!! Thats one of the best reviewed movies of the year.

Distancing itself from Bayformers would be a very smart thing to do. It seems like if you get talented filmmakers behind films like this they can actually be good and hopefully the numbers will follow.

(...I also want to be clear that Ioved some of Bays earlier work. Just the last few years have been pretty bad)

Just came back from this and WOW!!! Such an upgrade compared to all other 5!!! Yes, I sais 5 so I found this better than the 1st TF movie.
As @DADDYCOOL187 mentionned, no back-and-forth-action-nonsense like all previous. No useless fighting/demolition derby, explosion fest à-la-Bay, only a story.

Great music, GREAT nods and I was laughing so hard when « You’ve got the touch, You’ve got the power » as I was the only one in the room understanding this TF moment.

Just seen this at the IMAX.
A full IMAX presentation all the way through.
Way better than the last Bay films in my opinion. Easy to get attached to Bee as he had loads of emotion and felt like a real character. Being 18 myself in 81 the music really played to my liking. The IMAX sound system is awesome so the music has never sounded as good
A good 4 stars