Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter video game, developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, Windows, and the Xbox 360. It is the fourth installment of the Call of Duty video game series, excluding expansion packs. The game breaks away from the World War II setting of previous games in the series and is instead set in modern times. The game is the first in the series to be rated Mature in North America. The title and game details were announced on April 25, 2007,[10] and the game was released worldwide between November 6, 2007 and November 9, 2007. It became available on Steam on November 6, 2007 for pre-purchase, and was available to play on November 12, 2007.[11] It was released on September 26, 2008 for Mac OS X.[1] The game was in development for two years. It uses a proprietary game engine that includes features such as true world-dynamic lightning, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows, and depth of field.[12]

The story takes place in a fictional near-future, where a radical leader has staged a coup d'état in the Middle East, and an "Ultranationalist" movement has instigated a civil war in Russia. The events of the conflicts are seen from the perspectives of an American Marine and a British SAS commando, and are set in multiple locations, including the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Prypiat, Ukraine. The multiplayer portion of the game features various game modes, and contains a leveling system that allows the player to unlock additional weapons, weapon attachments, and camouflage schemes as they advance.[13]

hd-trailer-for-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare.jpg

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare received considerable praise and has won numerous awards from gaming websites, including IGN's "Best Xbox 360 Game."[14][15] It was the top-selling game worldwide for 2007, reaching over seven million copies by January 2008

Last edited:
thats our prob, I kept checking Thunda psn and saw he wasnt on so was like "meh" if thunda aint even on why bother ... as it was just bumpy when I was checking ... then bump sent me a message right at the beginning of the round of socom so I was like giev me 20 mins ... and then when i got off he was gone ... and then a homeboy PMed me about LIVE so I jumped on that and called it a night afterwards.

I say we really go hard on it this Thursday, everyone ... as friday KZ2 comes out and no one wil prolly do COD thursday then ... it would be a GREAT way to get everyone back for a night and pumped for KZ2 the following!

Reactions: ocielz
Just an FYI ... We do plan to bring a strong comeback kick of weekly COD4 for the clan when it gets closer to MW2 release date. (like 2 months out)

Just an FYI ... We do plan to bring a strong comeback kick of weekly COD4 for the clan when it gets closer to MW2 release date. (like 2 months out)

clan as in competitive or just meeting up and thrashing scrubs?

I'll be sure to add ya'll....I need some decoys hahaha :BS: