Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter video game, developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, Windows, and the Xbox 360. It is the fourth installment of the Call of Duty video game series, excluding expansion packs. The game breaks away from the World War II setting of previous games in the series and is instead set in modern times. The game is the first in the series to be rated Mature in North America. The title and game details were announced on April 25, 2007,[10] and the game was released worldwide between November 6, 2007 and November 9, 2007. It became available on Steam on November 6, 2007 for pre-purchase, and was available to play on November 12, 2007.[11] It was released on September 26, 2008 for Mac OS X.[1] The game was in development for two years. It uses a proprietary game engine that includes features such as true world-dynamic lightning, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows, and depth of field.[12]

The story takes place in a fictional near-future, where a radical leader has staged a coup d'état in the Middle East, and an "Ultranationalist" movement has instigated a civil war in Russia. The events of the conflicts are seen from the perspectives of an American Marine and a British SAS commando, and are set in multiple locations, including the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Prypiat, Ukraine. The multiplayer portion of the game features various game modes, and contains a leveling system that allows the player to unlock additional weapons, weapon attachments, and camouflage schemes as they advance.[13]

hd-trailer-for-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare.jpg

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare received considerable praise and has won numerous awards from gaming websites, including IGN's "Best Xbox 360 Game."[14][15] It was the top-selling game worldwide for 2007, reaching over seven million copies by January 2008

Last edited:
Double XP for COD4!!!! New Playlist!! - HARDCORE Headquarters!!!

Time to finally finish getting to 10th Prestige! I sent out the call a week or so ago asking who would be down for a Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all-nighter on the last weekend of Feb. and you guys answered the call. So many responded to the Twitter posting infact, that we decided to make it an even bigger deal. So here’s the plan.

Starting Tuesday Feb. 24th, the Variety Map Pack will become %50 off for those of you who still need to pick it up, leading up to the promotion, I’ll also be giving out tokens to download it for free on Twitter. When the last weekend of Feb. hits, starting Friday Feb. 27th and going until Monday morning, we’ll be flipping the ol’ mighty Double XP switch one more time!

That’s not all though, I plan on pulling an All-nighter on Friday the 27th in my attempt to finally reach Level 55 10th Prestige, and I want you guys to help get me there. To do that, we’ll be adding a new playlist to the rotation. The HARDCORE HEADQUARTERS playlist will be added on Friday 27th along with Double XP for the most XP heavy sessions you will ever see. Who’s down for a little Hardcore Headquarters on Shipment?! Carnage will ensue.

The 50% off Map Pack, Hardcore Headquarters playlist and Double XP includes Xbox Live and Playstation Network!

Anyone and everyone can participate, no sign-up, no anything. Just pop in the game on Friday the 27th and play. We’ll handle the rest.

I don’t know, I have a gut feeling that 10th Prestige is a good place to be…

I actually might get in on this for a little bit that weekend. I needa finish up and get to 55 Gold Cross. I'm almost there and should just hurry and finish that game up.

ill probably be using COD4 as a coaster for my beer that i will be drinking while playing KZ2 and flippin weekend!!!!! :p

HILARIOUS!

I actually might get in on this for a little bit that weekend. I needa finish up and get to 55 Gold Cross. I'm almost there and should just hurry and finish that game up.

Lol, for what? That warm feel of completion deep inside your chest? Hehe..

I'll play it some ... just to get to 55 of the rank im on ... this way whenever I go back and play it at times I atleast have access to everything.

I say this assuming your not a gold cross already thunda... :confused:

HILARIOUS!

Lol, for what? That warm feel of completion deep inside your chest? Hehe..

I'll play it some ... just to get to 55 of the rank im on ... this way whenever I go back and play it at times I atleast have access to everything.

I say this assuming your not a gold cross already thunda... :confused:

Yeah, I'm not gold cross yet. I think I'm the prestige below the cross, maybe. I should've had that gold cross a long time ago... It's basically unfinished business between me and cod4. lol

Jesus man, get with the program RANK UP!

Haha jk ..

ps. I like the shorter version username, has a nice ring to it. "DaMexiRican"