Call of Duty 5: World at War Megathread - New Zombie Map In September!!!! Area 51!?

Jan 29, 2009
Call of Duty: World at War is a first-person shooter video game, developed by Treyarch and published by Activision for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360.[1] It is the fifth installment in the Call of Duty series.[3] The game is set in the Pacific Theater and Eastern Front of World War II.[3][4] The game was released in North America on November 11, 2008,[5] in Australia on November 12, 2008,[7] and in Europe on November 14, 2008.[6]

call-of_duty-3.jpg

The story focuses on the final battles of World War II in the Pacific and Eastern Europe involving the United States, the Empire of Japan, the Soviet Union, and Nazi Germany.[3] It is told from the perspectives of a Marine Raider and a Red Army soldier and is based on several historical battles, including the raid on Makin Island, the Battle of Stalingrad, the Battle of Peleliu, the Battle of Seelow Heights, the Battle of Okinawa, and the Battle of Berlin.[1][12] The multiplayer portion of the game contains various game modes and a leveling system that allows the player to unlock additional weapons and rewards as they progress, which was originally implemented in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. A new feature to the Call of Duty series is the cooperative mode, which can support up to four players online and two offline.

Last edited:
just got to level 20 last night on nazi zombie new level with GB, THUNDA & ROACH ... it was a blast, we were holding it down! ALOT of tight close calls too .. crazy ...

this is how it ended...

4 of us were holding down a hallway by electrical fence on left side .... you can spend 1000 bucks to turn on electrical fence that lasts for a while then is off for a while before you can reactivate it if you got th funds..

GB went down, and I had no ammo, we got over run on the window by the stairs and and ran by and lucky flipped the electical fence ... turning back lots of zombies and someone else was down (thunda?) so then all we had to do is just kill the remaning zombies in our hallway I ran to the far side to buy a shotty off the wall ... I bought it .. tried blast them fools but on level 20 they take alot more hits to die ... before I knew it, I was down ... and I dont know if roach went down before me or shortly after ... but it was soon over.

:(

THe round before that tho was crazy and we almost got overrun , we were practically all out of ammo andgot lucky and got insta kill and I stabbed about 10 zombies lol while hitting the fence and building our barrier back up ...crazy stuff.

just got to level 20 last night on nazi zombie new level with GB, THUNDA & ROACH ... it was a blast, we were holding it down! ALOT of tight close calls too .. crazy ...

this is how it ended...

4 of us were holding down a hallway by electrical fence on left side .... you can spend 1000 bucks to turn on electrical fence that lasts for a while then is off for a while before you can reactivate it if you got th funds..

GB went down, and I had no ammo, we got over run on the window by the stairs and and ran by and lucky flipped the electical fence ... turning back lots of zombies and someone else was down (thunda?) so then all we had to do is just kill the remaning zombies in our hallway I ran to the far side to buy a shotty off the wall ... I bought it .. tried blast them fools but on level 20 they take alot more hits to die ... before I knew it, I was down ... and I dont know if roach went down before me or shortly after ... but it was soon over.

:(

THe round before that tho was crazy and we almost got overrun , we were practically all out of ammo andgot lucky and got insta kill and I stabbed about 10 zombies lol while hitting the fence and building our barrier back up ...crazy stuff.

Yeah, you 3 got overrun and there were like 5 guys left that had just jumped the fence and they got too close and I got killed by my own ray gun. (if you shoot them when they are too close you get killed). That's why I was so pissed at the end. All I needed to do was kill those last guys and I could've revived some of you.

We jsut got to level 22 ... my highest so far .. me ,Gb, Shooter and Murdah ... I fricking wiped the floor when I was on last stand cuz I had my ray gun. If I wouldnt of ran out of demo I coulda helped GB stand tall there at the end and we woulda made the round ..... but then Murdah had to go to work after the round so who knows if we woulda made the next.

BREAKING NEWS: I was just on Call of Duty: World at War and the games are being at played at something like 5 times the normal speed. I can't show you, you will just have to log on and see.

10:40 PM central time.

Possible cause? Has the network been hacked?

Is it a glitch?

There are no further details at this time.

I will post more as information comes in.

UPDATE: 11:04 PM

Game seems back to normal. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some reports tomorrow from other sources. I was in 3 games at least during which this happened. Perhaps Treyarch will have a statement on what happened.

Source: pwnordie.com/blog/posts/15057

Activision and Treyarch announced today the next call of Call of Duty: World at War map pack (Map Pack 2). Watch for three new multiplayer maps, along with one new Nazi Zombie map. Here are the details from Activision:

"Online, players will compete in "Banzai," and fight for control of a tall, river bridge, deep within enemy territory; face down foes in a shattered Russian train yard in "Corrosion"; and struggle to control a bombed-out submarine base in the close-quarter map, "Sub Pens." In "Shi No Numa" (Zombie Swamp), Imperial Zombies rise from misty swamps in an all new co-op experience, with a level that features a mix of traps, flaming Hell Hounds, Perk machines and the deadly, new Wunderwaffe DG-2, as well as 10 new Xbox 360 Achievements/PS3 Trophies that can be earned along the way."
Watch for it this June! Visit the official Call of Duty: World at War

I hate this game... but here's map pack 2..

What do you do after selling one million Call of Duty: World at War map packs during their first week of availability? You make more. And, lo, Activision and developer Treyarch are doing just that, prepping a second salvo of DLC for a June release.

The Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 (c'mon, guys, you can surely come up with something catchier using all that dough) will introduce three new multiplayer maps: "Banzai," a jungle environment riddled with caves; "Corrosion," a Russian train yard; and "Sub Pens," a rain-drenched submarine base.

That's all well and good, but now for the good stuff: a new Nazi Zombie map! "Shi No Numa," home to this guy, promises new Perk machines, a new weapon, new Achievements / Trophies and flaming Hell hounds. It also promises to keep our repository of nightmare material well-stocked.

Source: joystiq.com/2009/04/30/next-call-of-duty-world-at-war-map-pack-coming-in-june/

You posted this on post 25 :p

BUT DAMN, FLAMING HELL HOUNDS!!! ... GOOD LUCK MAKING IT PAST 20 WITH THOSE DOGS ATTACKING!!!

I noticed yesterday the trophies are already in the list as my platinum is now down to 85% .... Does that mean the map pack is gonna come soon ... :cool:

I noticed yesterday the trophies are already in the list as my platinum is now down to 85% .... Does that mean the map pack is gonna come soon ... :cool:

Rumor has it that it will be available for xbox 360 on June 9th which is a tuesday. Didn't see the release date for the PS3 but we usually get our DLC stuff on Thursdays, so maybe Thursday the 11th.

Looks like Call of Duty: World at War fans are in for a real treat. Along with the new Map Pack 2 that is scheduled for release today, Treyarch have released a new patch which not only adds support for the new content, but fixes numerous bugs and glitches too. Nice work!

Patch v1.5 applies to both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game and Treyarch Community Manager JD_2020 was kind enough to let us know in advance whats in store in the patch.

As taken from the official website, head is a brief summary of what is fixed:

This list applies to both platforms:

* Significantly streamlined MP matchmaking.

* Increased the number of safety checks in the MP spawn system to prevent players from spawning within the line of sight of an enemy.

* Implemented a new stats backup system – this system creates a regular backup snapshot of player stats; if the game detects data corruption, instead of attempting to reset the player to level 1, it will notify the player that their stats have been restored to the most recent backup.

* Addressed a rare occurrence referred to as the “dummy glitch” in MP, where players would appear to be prone in 3rd person but would have a standing view in 1st person.

* Patched several possible MP map exploits.

* Improved dog spawning in MP.

* Improved AI path-finding in Nazi Zombies to prevent potential exploits.

So there we have it. Hopefully players will no longer be able to cheat during MP matches and also no longer be able to perform the various glitches in Zombie mode.

Let us know your thoughts on the patch.