• YES!

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2009
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be the sixth game in the main series and is under development by Infinity Ward. The official title for the game was announced by Activision Blizzard on December 3, 2008, and a tentative release date set for Autumn 2009. No other information about the game has been revealed. Activision Blizzard later recanted their announcement, saying any information about the upcoming Call of Duty game was "speculative," and Infinity Ward also asserted that they have not officially announced their latest project.

call_of_duty_4_pc_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, i'm kind of pissed about martyrdom. They should've gotten rid of the perk that gives you less damage when you get hit. (can't think of the name right now). Oh yeah, juggernaut (juggernoobs).

I also wonder why they are keeping some of the most popular maps in cod4. Not sure how that will be unless they revamp things.

Yeah that juggernaut is annoying and should of been removed, but I guess I shouldn't talk because I used it every time I used my shotgun :)

If you were hoping yesterday's surprise reveals from an anonymous play tester "leaking" word Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would include vehicles and blood, stand down.

Infinity Ward took to the NeoGAF message boards to debunk the list.

"People. This list is fake," posted Infinity Ward programmer Rayme "Rayme" Vinson. "I mean; I can't get into how-much-if-any is true, how much is false, etc (there's a reason why companies "don't comment on rumors"... it would NEVER F***ING END), but this list wasn't put together by anyone with any insider information. There's also some craziness that should red-flag this as "stuff I made up and wrote down" (like grass camo for snipers... that's straight out of CoD4 MP)."

Vinson was backed up by studio community manager Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling.

"I preferred when rumors were ground breaking, like when we were making that Sci-fi Stealth Assassin game in space," joked Bowling.

The proposed list still exists, however, and since Infinity Ward isn't willing to spill all the beans on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 yet, there's every chance something on the list is true. Do you have any wishes?

Today a regular member at our site CriousGamer mailed me this news which seems to be the latest rumored leaks, I think these details might be right because everything listed below can easily be expected from the ‘Infinity Wards’ upcoming ‘Modern Warfare 2′ sequel to the smash hit 2007 title ‘Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’.

1. All the weapons from the original are coming again.
2. 3 maps from the original are coming back with a few noticeable tweaks here & there.
3. There is a total of 16 maps including 3 from the original.
4. 20 new weapons will be added to the inventory & the most noticeable are the FAMAS assault rifle, HK PSG-1 sniper rifle, MP7 sub machine gun, AA12 fully automatic shotgun, MG4 LMG and the .44 magnum revolver.
5. Multiple attachment perk has been added which allows 2 attachments to be added to a weapon.
6. The Single Player Campaign is predicted to last 7+ hours.
7. Co-op Mode has been added.
8. A new Alien Terrorist co-op mode is also added with details still unknown.
9. The multiplayer is set to have 4 new modes above the original modes.
10. A new CLAN system & TOURNAMENT system will be added.
11. The PS version of the game is set to have Dedicated severs provided from SONY [Xbox Servers status still unknown].

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is scheduled to be released on ‘November 10/2009′.

http://criousgamer.com/modern-warfare-2-latest-leaks

Good speculation nonetheless. I just hope they make a big announcement that noob tubes are gone forever. lol. One can always hope right?

There are two big things that modern warfare has over W@W. One is a better selection of good weapons. The second thing is the maps. Modern Warfare's map selection was crazy good. W@W has a couple good ones but only a couple. I loved almost every map on modern warfare (including En Bloc).

Hopefully MW2 has some really good maps too.

Agreed, noob tubes need to disappear or at least have some type of ranking match system in which they are not allowed. IW are probably going to rework some of the current maps to add them to the game.

The Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Just saw a small clip during a commercial break (Celtics vs. Orlando game)

Description of the clips:

1. Little Bird choppers flying to a burning building by the ocean with jets flying by dropping bombs

2. Soldiers fighting on a runway with airplanes and choppers and a jet blows up

3. Seals deploying in scuba gear underwater

4. Soldiers riding on snow mobiles then a crash

5. Smart bomb video hitting a poor cat with no chance to get away, :hilarious:

Needless to say that just with this clip I'm sold on this game...day 1 purchase for me and this might finally put the zombies on a break!!!

I just finished the first Modern Warfare a few days ago... was good, expected better... hopefully 2 is longer and has co-op like World at War

New Details

The latest Modern Warfare 2 Details were published in the latest issue of PSM3, a UK Based Magazine.

- Swimming mode enabled.
- A 'Stealthy' Oil pipeline Scuba Mission will be included in campaign mode.
- A level will definetly be based in Rio De Janeiro.
- Siberian Level will feature in campaign mode.
- Vehicles (e.g. Trucks, Tanks etc.) will be introduced into the Modern Era.
- A 'Helicopter Based' Level will be featured.
- An Oil Tanker level will also be featured.
- Ken Lally (Wesker from Resident Evil 5) will be voice acting. Most likely as a Russian villain.

More details and a new gameplay trailer will be revealed on May 24th. Fact

source: gamingfront.net/news/588/modern-warfare-2-new-details/

Reactions: domalorite