• YES!

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2009
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be the sixth game in the main series and is under development by Infinity Ward. The official title for the game was announced by Activision Blizzard on December 3, 2008, and a tentative release date set for Autumn 2009. No other information about the game has been revealed. Activision Blizzard later recanted their announcement, saying any information about the upcoming Call of Duty game was "speculative," and Infinity Ward also asserted that they have not officially announced their latest project.

call_of_duty_4_pc_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activision needs to stop that BS of yearly CODs it's not helping, they need to focus on a game and provide support and make it's life cycle longer, it's dumb that they release games so fast.

Ha, I'm sure killzone will do the same after the success they will get. They'll try to cash in esp in this economic downturn.

Hey, doesnt that screenshot look like COD4 MAP: Crossfire back end alley at one the spawn points haha ..... just with better graphics :D

Ha, I'm sure killzone will do the same after the success they will get. They'll try to cash in esp in this economic downturn.

Hey, doesnt that screenshot look like COD4 MAP: Crossfire back end alley at one the spawn points haha ..... just with better graphics :D

It is COD4... lol

Activision needs to stop that BS of yearly CODs it's not helping, they need to focus on a game and provide support and make it's life cycle longer, it's dumb that they release games so fast.

I agree. That's what they did with the Tony Hawk series. Then they got killed by Skate LOL

Acti Blizz just confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will release in the fourth quarter of this year.

No details on the Infinity Ward title were given, but an exec said he believed the game will be the most anticipated for the end of 2009.

The news came as part of Activision’s fourth quarter earnings call

I agree. That's what they did with the Tony Hawk series. Then they got killed by Skate LOL

Yeah after poor sales of Hawk 9-15, it's ridiculous I guarantee you if Activision would pushed W@W to this summer and added more maps it would given life to COD4 and it would easily be on top still.

Yeah after poor sales of Hawk 9-15, it's ridiculous I guarantee you if Activision would pushed W@W to this summer and added more maps it would given life to COD4 and it would easily be on top still.

Seems like the first ever details come out for Modern Warfare 2. Leaked from a play tester.

* Vehicles will be in MW2
* M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)
* Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes
* M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed
* Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
* There are more unknown weapons that will not return
* New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)
* New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)
* New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)
* Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35
* Favourite Modern warfare 1 maps will return
* Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return
* Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, original)
* Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1’s campaign)
* All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered
*All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions
* New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy’s Intel)
* New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy
* Solider customization for each class (and each country)
* Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer
* There are NO bots in local multiplayer
* Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown
* NO guest players online, 1 player per console
* Killcam save feature
* There is blood and gore
* Offline/Online Co-op
* Story takes place in the Middle East
* Role as US marines return
* Ken Lally voice work in campaign
* Release is set for sometime in November
* New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)
* Campaign-only weapons

Those are the best weapons! :) lol I did most damage with the non automatic shotgun too lol the automatic was not bad, but I couldn't adjust to it.

Last edited:
Sucks they're still going to have matrydom

yea, i'm kind of pissed about martyrdom. They should've gotten rid of the perk that gives you less damage when you get hit. (can't think of the name right now). Oh yeah, juggernaut (juggernoobs).

I also wonder why they are keeping some of the most popular maps in cod4. Not sure how that will be unless they revamp things.