Multi Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Xl8bI.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a collaboration between Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software.

Every aspect of the game has been expanded. The story begins with a surprise attack on the US by Russia and then jets off around the globe, delivering short, punchy sequences from multiple views - a performance Modern Warfare as a series is famed for.

You'll take on roles within some of the world's most elite fighting forces across 15 missions. Modern Warfare 3 will answer most of the questions that arose from MW1 and MW2. There will be familiar faces, but also new characters to take the series forward from here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is scheduled to release November 8, 2011.

hJEQ7.jpg

Be warned though, the site has blown the game's story wide open, so expect major spoilers ahead.

Story:

Modern Warfare 3 story's ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history. The game will signal the return of popular characters Captain John “Soap” MacTavish and Captain John Price, as well as Vladimir Makarov and Russian informant Nikolai. The story also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.

Soap, Price and Nikolai are laying low in a safehouse in Dharmasala, India, where they are set upon by Makarov’s men. Here, players hop into the boots of Yuri, a loyalist working for Nikolai. The safehouse is compromised, however, and the men are extracted via chopper.

The action then transitions to Manhattan as the Russians are busy pushing the attack with ships in the Hudson River. In retaliation, the U.S. calls in Delta Force and the player assumes the role of the aforementioned Frost.

Following this, you’ll board a Blackhawk and fly over the skyline blasting enemy choppers before approaching the Hudson River, where you must sink the Russian submarine “coordinating the attacks.”

After this, you’ll fly over the city in a Blackhawk, gun down enemy choppers, and fly out to the Hudson where you must sinka Russian sub that is “cooredinating the attacks.”

Additionally, gamers will also control a Russian agent tasked with protecting the Russian president on his journey to sign a peace treaty with the U.S. However, the plane is attacked resulting in the kidnapping of the president, though his daughter ultimately escapes. Unsurprisingly, Makarov isn’t keen on establishing peace between the two countries, and so grabs the launch codes from the President and attacks the U.S.

The action then shifts to Price and co in Africa, where the trio deal with a South African arms dealer before heading to Sierra Leone. We’re then put in control of an SAS chap tasked with stopping the delivery of weapons of “mass destruction” over the London docks.

MW3 depicts several European cities coming under attack, including Hamburg, Germany, where gamers control a tank gunner in an attempt to drive back the Russian forces.

Things come to a close in Dubai, where Yuri, Price and Sandman corner Makarov in his hotel hideaway where the unscrupulous fellow finally meets his maker. A “post-credits level” is apparently also featured, depicting the burning of Washington, D.C.

Single Player Locations:

1. Dharmasala, India
  2. New York, New York
  3. A plane transporting the president of Russia
  4. A town in Sierra Leone
  5. London, England
  6. Mogadishu, Somalia
  7. Hamburg, Germany
  8. Paris, France
  9. Prague, Czech Republic
  10. A castle in the Czech mountains
  11. Berlin, Germany
  12. The Kremlin in Moscow, Russia
  13. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  14. Washington. D.C.

CGSRc.jpg

Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".

Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Features Battles in Brooklyn, Clash in Mogadishu

Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game.

Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.

Sources tell Kotaku that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

Multiplayer Maps

1. Alpha
  2. Alps
  3. Bootleg
  4. Bravo
  5. Brooklyn
  6. Carbon
  7. Coast
  8. Dome
  9. Exchange
  10. Hardhat
  11. Interchange
  12. Lambeth
  13. Meteora
  14. Mogadishu
  15. Paris
  16. Plaza 2
  17. Radar
  18. Seatown
  19. Underground
  20. Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

1. Carbon
  2. Dome
  3. Radar
  4. Seatown
  5. Village

Mission

1. Civilian Rescue
  2. Flood the Market
  3. Invisible Threat
  4. Little Bro's
  5. Out of Africa
  6. No Fly Zone
  7. Wing Man

Teasers:

<iframe width="850" height="540" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C_7_dYWMsL0?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="850" height="540" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GG_JegQ2GhQ?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="850" height="540" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3z_PR4Tg0fM?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="850" height="540" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7NqwnraL1Pw?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be on soon with you guys, my brother was only suppose to borrow for 1 day, but i still havent got it back since last thursday, lol.

Is there a Elite Clan yet, did not see "HDN" or "HighDefNinja's" . I still have the 500 xp clan boost.
Dont mind so, nor do i mind creating a clan.

I dont have the game, but feel free to set it up.

Even though it's a ton of alot easier to obtain a Golden Gun, was pretty excited, so I made a goof Montage of me with my Golden UMP45.
:scat::hilarious::scat::joy::ninja:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sEt2x6kYIzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Even though it's a ton of alot easier to obtain a Golden Gun, was pretty excited, so I made a goof Montage of me with my Golden UMP45.
:scat::hilarious::scat::joy::ninja:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sEt2x6kYIzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:scat::scat:

haha awesome ....... I saw this being played at wal-mart ... I was pretty impressed by the graphics. Am I going nuts, or did they improve them at least a bit?

I'll be on soon with you guys, my brother was only suppose to borrow for 1 day, but i still havent got it back since last thursday, lol.

Is there a Elite Clan yet, did not see "HDN" or "HighDefNinja's" . I still have the 500 xp clan boost.
Dont mind so, nor do i mind creating a clan.

hook it up and send me an invite!

I created HighDefNinjas, believe you have to do requests on PC, PSN app only views. Only way to rank up is users XP boost for now, soon there will be challenges I think, someone correct me.

Whoa max, slow down and let me catch up to in the game, anyways invite sent. sent several others.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

What do you guys play ?

I play any mode to respond within a second, haha. will play others. My fault cali and baily for ignorin your invite, left the setup on.

Last edited:
TDM, Kill Confirmed and domination but i will play anything. not big fan of sabotage and would only really ever want to play sabotage if mobius plays, as most of the time playing sabotage on black ops we would win in less then a minute

I play TDM and domination mostly. Well, I haven't put in my MW3 yet, but that's what I will play when I do. Most likely this weekend.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

TDM, Kill Confirmed and domination but i will play anything. not big fan of sabotage and would only really ever want to play sabotage if mobius plays, as most of the time playing sabotage on black ops we would win in less then a minute

I gotta add you back to my friends list Bailey.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

What do you guys play ?

I'll try to remember to send you a friend invite. I may forget so you may wanna send us all a friend request. We try to play together as much as we can.

The Ninja'Z
http://s3.amazonaws.com/BeachheadProd_Assets/f/1/d/d/8/9/5/a/f/5/3/f/2/f/a/1/8/5/2/2/4/4/e/a/e/b/0/b/5/a/e/8/8/f/8/f/f/8/4/a/f/c/f/4/6/1/1/b/mw3.ps3.screenshot.230376181718_med.jpg[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

Nice picture. Sure makes it easier to win when you team up with people. Playing with randoms most of the time just irritates me lol

Let me know if anyone wants to play a few games of search n destroy tomorrow, it'll be tuesday. I get on late like always, roughly 6 to 7 pacific time. Too much ground war for me, want to try something new.

Sorry haven't been on, on vacation and trying to play through other games, though I still need to finish my win streak... Lol.