Man of Steel 2 [CANCELED]

If it wasn't for Gal Gadot I'm sure Warner would have just scrapped everything by now, I guess her alone is worth limping on for

If it wasn't for Gal Gadot I'm sure Warner would have just scrapped everything by now, I guess her alone is worth limping on for

More-or-less the money that her film brought in. If it would've pulled in Man of Steel numbers, she would've been gone, too.

Releasing Cavill just proves that anyone is expendable in the DCEU... sorry, "Worlds of DC".

That's just BS IMO.... we actually had a real Superman that truly improved in Justice League and now he's gone…. damn it!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon @Drum18 @tommyh84 This might not be true...
The actor's agent has refuted claims that Henry Cavill is done playing Superman. Stay Tuned.

Ah, I'm hoping for the best. It bummed me that Affleck was leaving Batman behind, but I understood the reasoning. Cavill leaving Superman is way too sudden and it's ridiculous considering how young he still is. Gonna just sit over here and -- like Superman -- hope. :yawn:

@tridon

Warner Bros. responded with their own statement - though it clarifies very little, and doesn't outright deny the report of Cavill's exit.

A Warner Bros. spokesperson said:
"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

@tridon

Warner Bros. responded with their own statement - though it clarifies very little, and doesn't outright deny the report of Cavill's exit.

A Warner Bros. spokesperson said:
"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

latest

I dunno... these type of rumours don't just come out of nowhere, so I don't entirely believe WB's vague statement. Such a shame at how much talent they're wasting with the mess they call the DC universe (that's coming from someone who's mostly enjoyed the films so far). They tried to run before they could walk... Man of Steel 2 should've happened long ago, or at least way before BvS and Justice League anyway.

• Thanks
I don’t know what’s upset me more today.

Not getting through checkout quick enough for the gb blade runner group buy or cavill not being superman any more. :cry::spam::angry::BS:

........Think it’s cavill

Maybe it comes down to money. Could be they didn't offer him enough money for the upcoming role. We can only speculate. :confused: We can only hope that things change and he signs up for the role again.

It means that they havent come to a conclusion on the renewal of his contract but for now he is still Superman. Since Cavill is worth more now compared to pre-2013 Man of Steel, I'm assuming he and his agents would probably want more money. Which is only fair. But I think WB is trying to cut costs with the MoS 2 film and/or allocate it to other DC films they dont want to offer more.

All I know is that he still has 1 more appearence to make from the current contract. I hope it's in the Black Adamn movie or better yet, on the Supergirl movie. Since WB wants to focus on Supergirl movie now.

• Thanks
This was just announced by WB 2-hours ago.

WB Releases Statement on Henry Cavill Exiting Superman Role

Warner Bros. has addressed recent reports that Henry Cavill will no longer be playing Superman. Sort of. The studio has released a statement following multiple reports citing that the actor is leaving the role behind following contract negotiations gone wrong. Before digging into what this all might mean, take a look at the statement for yourself, which reads as follows.
"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."
There are a few things worth talking about with this statement. For one, if this was just some rumor floating around that had absolutely no credibility to it, Warner Bros. probably wouldn't bother releasing a statement at all. So the fact that they've said anything at all is telling. Now, as for what was said, it sort of smells like "we can neither confirm nor deny" fluffy junk that doesn't actually tell us much. They don't deliberately say that Henry Cavill is still definitely playing Superman again in the future. Only that their relationship is still great.

The other thing worth isolating here is that the studio confirms that there have been no decisions made for a future Superman movie as of yet. We've been hearing a bit about Man of Steel 2 possibly (finally) getting off the ground over the past year or so, but that doesn't appear to be the case. The initial report citing that Henry Cavill is walking away from the DC universe stated that a new Superman movie was a few years away at least, and that seems to gel with what Warner Bros. is saying here.

Overall, this is a fascinating situation. Henry Cavill is in the prime of his career and surely has a lot of projects on the table. He recently signed on to lead Netflix's The Witcher series adaptation, for one. It wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense for Cavill to wait around to suit up for another Superman movie while he could be doing any number of other big projects. Not to mention that Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League were all divisive. Cavill has yet to star in a downright beloved DC movie.

Then again, maybe he would like a shot to change that before hanging up the cape? The actor's manager, Dany Garcia, also released a statement on Twitter earlier today casting doubt on his departure from the role as well. For now, Warner Bros. is said to be focusing on getting a Supergirl movie off the ground, while they await the release of Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 over the course of the next year and change. With those movies on the way, it's going to be tough for Warner Bros. to just hit the reset button on their DC universe, but in the wake of Justice League, they're making big changes. And that may or may not involve getting a new Man of Steel.

• Informative
I'm guessing we are witnessing a bit of public negotiation after something like this is probably happened:

WB: "Henry, we have a great idea! We would like you to do a cameo in Shazam!"
Cavill: "Sure... but I only have 1 more film under contract, and I'd really like to do another solo MoS film. I'll do Shazam if we can green-light another MoS... But then we'd have to re-up my contract"
WB: "We have no current plans on making another MoS, We are focusing out attention on Supergirl."
Cavill: "...Then why exactly should I do Shazam?"
WB: "Cause we're idiots and we don't know what we're doing!"
Cavill: "right... makes sense. brb"

I'm guessing we are witnessing a bit of public negotiation after something like this is probably happened:

WB: "Henry, we have a great idea! We would like you to do a cameo in Shazam!"
Cavill: "Sure... but I only have 1 more film under contract, and I'd really like to do another solo MoS film. I'll do Shazam if we can green-light another MoS... But then we'd have to re-up my contract"
WB: "We have no current plans on making another MoS, We are focusing out attention on Supergirl."
Cavill: "...Then why exactly should I do Shazam?"
WB: "Cause we're idiots and we don't know what we're doing!"
Cavill: "right... makes sense. brb"
:rofl::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
Real shame if he is out

MOS is my favourite and would love to see a sequel. Should of happened before BvS imo but as everyone knows and we all talk about, Warner haven’t a clue what they are doing.

And that video (which did make me laugh) just says to me cavil is taking the p*ss with it and showing (by using a figure) that it’s all up and down all the time. Who knows. Hope it’s not the end of him though