Man of Steel 2 [CANCELED]

It means that they havent come to a conclusion on the renewal of his contract but for now he is still Superman. Since Cavill is worth more now compared to pre-2013 Man of Steel, I'm assuming he and his agents would probably want more money. Which is only fair. But I think WB is trying to cut costs with the MoS 2 film and/or allocate it to other DC films they dont want to offer more.

All I know is that he still has 1 more appearence to make from the current contract. I hope it's in the Black Adamn movie or better yet, on the Supergirl movie. Since WB wants to focus on Supergirl movie now.

I don't believe it would ever be in a Supergirl movie. Maybe I'm confused but something I read recently, that I wasn't aware of, is that Supergirl (which is Superman's cousin) came to Earth as a teenager. Making her older than Superman. Correct?

I'm guessing they are going to use a young Supergirl and perhaps Henry Cavill would be too old to be Superman in this movie? :dunno:

I don't believe it would ever be in a Supergirl movie. Maybe I'm confused but something I read recently, that I wasn't aware of, is that Supergirl (which is Superman's cousin) came to Earth as a teenager. Making her older than Superman. Correct?

I'm guessing they are going to use a young Supergirl and perhaps Henry Cavill would be too old to be Superman in this movie? :dunno:
Yes, she is technically older than Superman because her spaceship was knocked out of course or she was stuck in the Phantom Zone (take your pick) and therefore she physically didnt age. So when she arrived on Earth she physically looks younger although technically older than Superman. That's how it's handled in Arrowverse and in the comics afaik. I dont even think that's the issue. The problem I see is with them trying to introduce her into the existing shared universe and at what point. How they would explain her not getting mentioned til now. There are a few ways to do it correctly but they have to do it convincingly. I dont care even if it's not part of the universe, as long as i get to see any Kryptonian in action, I'm hyped! :D

Reactions: Stygian

Vaughn revealed that the first film in the proposed trilogy was meant to take place almost entirely on Krypton, and focus on Jor-El and the impending explosion of Krypton. Though the alien planet would still face destruction, Vaughn and Millar’s take would have the event take place much later in the timeline, allowing Superman to grow up on his home planet and gradually become familiar with Earth, maturing into an adult before having to reckon with his loyalty to both planets.

That Matthew Vaughn trilogy sounds cool. Shame they couldn't make it happen. There were rumours that Marvel want Cavill for a character called Captain Britain. I'd much rather see him as Supes again, I liked how Justice League had left his character.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I’m still hoping cavill will still be superman in the next dc
That Matthew Vaughn trilogy sounds cool. Shame they couldn't make it happen. There were rumours that Marvel want Cavill for a character called Captain Britain. I'd much rather see him as Supes again, I liked how Justice League had left his character.
Same... love him as Supes and hope he's able to continue the role.

• Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
i fecking love man of seel, but a sequel without zack snyder, hmm i dont know :/

I LOVE Man of Steel... Its my favorite DCEU film...
But we need someone with a new perspective on the character going forward. Its time to move on from Snyder. Love the idea of Christopher McQuarrie doing it.

Well Black Adam was not exactly mindblowing, this whole DC cinematic universe thing seems to be really cursed. Like, half of the films in the slate at the moment are just b.s. Birds of prey and the suicide squad flopped hard, meaning that people just don't want to show up for anything to do with the suicide squad or harley quinn anymore. Aquaman 2 might face similar things if amber turd plays even the slightest role in that film, The flash has a complete moron as a main actor and The Snyder Cut of Justice League features an ending that teases things he will probably never direct himself anyway. It's all a real big mess imo, and I freaking love DC.

Excited to see Cavill return, but I hope MoS2 won't just be a continuation of them trying to build on the DCEU... it's proven time and time again that it's more of a hindrance than anything else, and that they should instead play to their strengths and focus on doing solo films/universes like Joker and Batman from here on out.

Wow so presumably once GOTG Vol 3 is out Gunn is officially done with the MCU then

For DC it could be a good thing, I preferred Zach Synder's vision for the DCEU as I feel Gunn will go the more MCU route with things but at least they'll hopefully be a better long term vision now

Lol... This guy will fu*k this sh*t even more. Can't believe MOS sequel got canned. And he's out of Witcher. Double dang.

Not fan of Cavil, but DC is a hot mess ATM ! ... and I don't care that much, but want Pattinson back as Batman !