[Cancelled] The Divergent Series: Ascendant - In theaters June 7, 2017

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Divergent Series: Allegiant - Part 2 (2017)
Genre: [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]
Director: [DIRECTOR][/DIRECTOR]
Cast: [ACTOR]Shailene Woodley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Theo James[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Naomi Watts[/ACTOR]

Plot: Beatrice Prior and Tobias Eaton fight to end the Bureau of Genetic Welfare's authoritarian reign over the United States.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
emfOtGa78R21bYzwRIhcccbkNNx.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: RekLess and Drum18
Pushed few months...
The Divergent Series: Ascendant, which will be the fourth and final installment in the Shailene Woodley-led dystopian sci-fi action series, will now arrive in theaters during the summer on June 7, 2017, opening against Brad Pitt's World War Z sequel./quote]

In the stupid B.S. move of the day, the final Divergent has been canned and will instead become a made-for-TV movie. :angry:

LINK
My gosh... what a deceptive move from the studio!!! Not surprising as I just watched #3 this week-end and even Miss Drum didn't enjoyed it at all....

Not surprising... but sad...

The third film was like a TV movie...:D

Seriously though, how did that film cost $110m to make?...the cgi was some of the worst that I have seen.

For the type of film it is I enjoyed the first 2, it just shows what can happen if you try to milk a series.

Reactions: Ricker
The third film was like a TV movie...:D

Seriously though, how did that film cost $110m to make?...the cgi was some of the worst that I have seen.

For the type of film it is I enjoyed the first 2, it just shows what can happen if you try to milk a series.

I enjoyed the first two a lot -- probably more than The Hunger Games. I still haven't seen Allegiant, but now that Ascendant is becoming a TV movie, I'll probably just ignore it altogether. Insurgent had a decent enough end where it could continue or be the finale of the series. I'll just consider it a 2-part film series and ignore Allegiant.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I enjoyed the first two a lot -- probably more than The Hunger Games. I still haven't seen Allegiant, but now that Ascendant is becoming a TV movie, I'll probably just ignore it altogether. Insurgent had a decent enough end where it could continue or be the finale of the series. I'll just consider it a 2-part film series and ignore Allegiant.
Yeah... you better do that... Allegiant, was more a mess than a story...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I read this yesterday absolutely gutted that they aren't going to release this at the cinema, a TV movie? Wtf? I mean they show some absolute **** at the cinema. The other day was just thinking about the UK not getting a steelbook for Allegiant and now no film :(

http://screenrant.com/divergent-shailene-woodley-tv-movie-series-allegiant/
In an interview with Screen Rant while promoting her new film, 'Snowden', Woodley was asked whether there’s been an update on Ascendant and whether she’s on board with the final Divergent film. She said:
Last I heard they were trying to make it into a television show. I didn’t sign up to be in a television show. Out of respect to the studio and everyone in involved, they may have changed their mind and may be doing something different, but I’m not necessarily interested in doing a television show.
:squint: :meh:

• Thanks
When I see such awful looking films as the shallow and wedding dates I can't believe this isn't get made for cinema

• Thanks