paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Hmv
Price: £25.00 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon - Hmv) - £23.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: 2 Discs release - Includes the Original UK Uncut theatrical version first time on Blu-ray

b325699d-0a2d-4daf-a10c-88c6e06438c3.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
Brand new 2K restoration from a new 4k scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
• 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
• Optional English subtitles
• Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
• 6 Lobby Card reproductions
• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
• Limited Edition perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by Bernard Rose
• Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
• Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
• Be My Victim – a brand new interview with Tony Todd
• It Was Always You, Helen – a brand new interview with Virginia Madsen
• The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
• Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
• A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
• Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman – a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes
• Theatrical Trailer
• Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: Looking at Alice (30 mins, 1978), A Bomb With No Name on It (3 mins, 1976), The Wreckers (5 mins)

I randomly came across this on TV one night when I was a kid and it scared the bejesus out of me so much that I didn't sleep lol... haven't seen it since then, but maybe now's the time! Like with their Carrie set, I wish the box/amaray used different art. It looks nice apart from that though.

I randomly came across this on TV one night when I was a kid and it scared the bejesus out of me so much that I didn't sleep lol... haven't seen it since then, but maybe now's the time! Like with their Carrie set, I wish the box/amaray used different art. It looks nice apart from that though.
If you want different artwork to the slipbox
The amaray will have as usual reversible sleeve with different artwork

Reactions: Noodles and Sigill
If you want different artwork to the slipbox
The amaray will have as usual reversible sleeve with different artwork
Not sure why that didn't cross my mind, since they always use reversible sleeve artwork. :facepalm:

Just realised I had around £4 worth of points on the Arrow site anyway, so have placed an order. :)

Reactions: paulboland
remember seeing this at the cinema which is weird as im not a true horror fan. perhaps I was braver then?!
will get this when there is a normal release in a 5 for £30 offer

Info on this release in regards to 4K Scan of the Negative

It's a brand new 2K restoration from a new 4k scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond

Negative Scan is a separate process to actual restoration
Some films are scanned at 8K/4K/2K before restoration is done

Example Lawrence of Arabia was 8K scan of negative and then restored in 4K

Thanks for the update just ordered
There is only the one thread of this release in the Blu-ray Collector's & Limited Editions forum

The other thread is in the Arrow Films forum

Arrow Films limited editions get posted in both Arrow Films forum and Blu-ray Collector's & Limited Editions forum so members don't miss out on a release as the arrow films forum sometimes has less views than Blu-ray Collector's & Limited Editions forum

Reactions: Sigill