paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Hmv
Price: £25.00 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon - Hmv) - £23.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: 2 Discs release - Includes the Original UK Uncut theatrical version first time on Blu-ray

b325699d-0a2d-4daf-a10c-88c6e06438c3.jpg

Last edited:
Arrow Video Facebook

CANDYMAN UK RELEASE UPDATE - THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG!!!
In honour of the great Clive Barker's birthday, we are delighted to confirm that our upcoming release of Bernard Rose’s seminal Candyman will be a 2-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION, with the second disc including the much-requested ORIGINAL UK THEATRICAL VERSION IN FULL HD, featuring the alternate, gorier psychiatrist death scene, as well as a BRAND NEW, IN-DEPTH INTERVIEW WITH CLIVE BARKER HIMSELF!!! Keep reading for full specs…

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Two-disc edition featuring two cuts of the film and exclusive bonus content
  • Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
  • Limited edition 40-page perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by writer-director Bernard Rose
  • Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
  • 6 postcard-sized original UK lobby card reproductions
  • Reversible poster featuring new and original artwork
DISC ONE – US R-RATED VERSION
  • Brand new restoration of the US R-rated version from a new 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
  • 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
  • Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
  • Brand new audio commentary with authors Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
  • Be My Victim – a brand new interview with actor Tony Todd
  • It Was Always You, Helen – a brand new interview with actor Virginia Madsen
  • The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
  • Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
  • A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
  • Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman – a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Image Gallery
  • Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: A Bomb With No Name on It (1975), The Wreckers (1976), and Looking at Alice (1977)
DISC TWO – ORIGINAL UK THEATRICAL VERSION
  • Brand new restoration of the original UK theatrical version, featuring alternate, more graphic footage
  • Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
  • The Cinema of Clive Barker: The Divine Explicit – a brand new in-depth interview with Clive Barker on Candyman and other filmic adaptations of his work

Arrow Video are Sold Out

You can still pre order from Amazon/Zavvi/HMV

This will very likely to be sold out with most retailers before or just after release date

Got the city of living dead today to Australia could not remember how they packed there editions but packing it came with this edition was sure an improvement since last time and reminds me of Zavvi box with steelbooks only bigger, if this is what they use I happy order from them from now on better than Amazon I'm unsure about Zavvi but have candy man from arrow coming and hopefully comes same way. Obviously no control over how it's handled coming here and helps the edition has sturdy box to begin with,just a shame others don't use similar packing to send in.

Not as impressed as I'd like to be with these Arrow limited edition sets containing clear white Amarays . . . not essential purchases as far as I'm concerned . . . wish that Arrow would return to digipacks inside these slipboxes for each and every one of their Blu-ray limited editions making them essential purchases again . . . goes without saying that digipacks have more space to better show off the great artworks that Arrow has commissioned for each of their releases.
It's as if they've regressed to earlier times when their limited editions consisted of 'window' slipcases containing blue Amarays, posters etc. . . . nice enough at the time but sad when compared to their later digipack releases such as NEKROMANTIK I & II, CRIMSON PEAK, SOCIETY, DR. PHIBES I & II, BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR etc.