Captain America: Civil War - In theaters May 6, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Tagline: Whose side are you on?

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Anthony Russo[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Joe Russo[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Evans[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Downey Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Scarlett Johansson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Renner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sebastian Stan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Olsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Mackie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Brühl[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frank Grillo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chadwick Boseman[/ACTOR]

Plot: Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
kSBXou5Ac7vEqKd97wotJumyJvU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Banner.jpg

cap poster 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocielz
Excellent movie all around. A top tier Marvel movie along the lines of Avengers 1, Ironman 1 and Captain America Winter Soldier. As mentioned before, the airport fight scene might be the best superhero fight of all time and it's filmed in true IMAX, so it's worth the trip to a true IMAX theater for that part. The action, just like in Winter Soldier was well filmed and a joy to watch. The humor was spot on and well placed with some great lines by Spider-man and Antman. The conflict was clear and each character got their time to shine. Capt and Ironman were perfect as anticipated and Spider-man and Black Panther were each excellent.

My only gripe with the movie is more of an observation than a gripe. The idea this was a Civil War is a big overblown; this more a Civil fight or disagreement. This is not the same Civil War as the comics. Meaning the scope of the war was more smaller and intimate with not quite the darkness one would expect from a 'war'. But considering the characters Marvel has access to, plus the limitation of a single movie run time, I feel the changes from the Civil War comic were justified and still works in the movie. But again, this didn't hurt the movie and I would consider this one of the best superhero movies of all time and just a solid, fun summer movie. And probably already mentioned, but there are two post credit scenes worth staying late for.

I spent 12 days watching 25+ hours of superhero awesomeness in preparation of Captain America: Civil War and now I've written reviews on each MCU film here. I also took the liberty of choosing the best film, worst film, best Stan Lee cameo, best villain, and more!

Anyway, I entered into the Civil War today as part of #TeamCap and I couldn't be happier! As far as superhero masterpieces go, this is about as high on the chain as you can climb. Epic in every sense... fantastic fights, fantastic story, and fantastic first appearances by both Black Panther and Spider-Man (I can't wait for their films now)! I'm definitely going to check this out again... ASAP!

I spent 12 days watching 25+ hours of superhero awesomeness in preparation of Captain America: Civil War and now I've written reviews on each MCU film here. I also took the liberty of choosing the best film, worst film, best Stan Lee cameo, best villain, and more!

Anyway, I entered into the Civil War today as part of #TeamCap and I couldn't be happier! As far as superhero masterpieces go, this is about as high on the chain as you can climb. Epic in every sense... fantastic fights, fantastic story, and fantastic first appearances by both Black Panther and Spider-Man (I can't wait for their films now)! I'm definitely going to check this out again... ASAP!

12 days, nice

Took me a little longer in prep watching the previous films in time for this so good dedication.

Nice reviews too but I'm surprised you have Thor 2 as 3 stars and on par with age of utron and Thor 2 higher than iron man 2! And also the Incredible Hulk higher than age of ultron (i like hulk but it was all over the place and no where near as good as age of ultron)

Also surprised at your best old school actor (considering he didn't do much or in it too long) and also your worst film as iron man 2 (I would of chose Thor 2 as the weakest personably) but still enjoyable to see your opinions and ratings
Look forward to your next reviews after phase 4 maybe

I was so impressed with spidey in this, I thought he was only going to be in it a few minutes. It's now my favourite introduction to a new character in the MCU

12 days, nice

Took me a little longer in prep watching the previous films in time for this so good dedication.

Nice reviews too but I'm surprised you have Thor 2 as 3 stars and on par with age of utron and Thor 2 higher than iron man 2! And also the Incredible Hulk higher than age of ultron (i like hulk but it was all over the place and no where near as good as age of ultron)

Also surprised at your best old school actor (considering he didn't do much or in it too long) and also your worst film as iron man 2 (I would of chose Thor 2 as the weakest personably) but still enjoyable to see your opinions and ratings
Look forward to your next reviews after phase 4 maybe

I was so impressed with spidey in this, I thought he was only going to be in it a few minutes. It's now my favourite introduction to a new character in the MCU

Yeah, man... to me, Iron Man 2 is easily the weakest film in the entire MCU. Age of Ultron was the most disappointing. Thor 2 was not a great film, but it's better than both IM2 and Ultron. Just my opinion, though. ;)

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah, man... to me, Iron Man 2 is easily the weakest film in the entire MCU. Age of Ultron was the most disappointing. Thor 2 was not a great film, but it's better than both IM2 and Ultron. Just my opinion, though. ;)

That's cool, i like to see what others like and don't like about the MCU

I'm actually a bit of a fan of iron man 2 :bag: and I really like iron man 3 too lol
I really enjoyed age of ultron but something wasn't right plus I want to see the directors cut but it will never happen :(
Also before the civil war airport fight the hulk vs hulk buster was the greatest fight scene in the MCU for me.
I'm hit and miss with the first cap too, it's done very well in places and not so much in other places but I like it a bit more everytime I watch it.
Thor 2 for me was most disappointing and shocking with only a handful of decent scenes but even that didn't make the film enjoyable for me. Eccleston is so far the worst villain in the MCU for me. But I still watch it when I watch all these films lol that's what the MCU does!
On the other hand I'm really looking forward to Thor 3 with the hulk, I really hope they don't **** that up.

Gonna go and read this!!! WOOT!!!

Edit:
Well done... REALLY well done! In just enought depth, I like your review!
Pretty agree on everything you said about how I like the MCU movies. Iron Man, Captain America Winter Soldier are TOP winner. Guardians was a nice surprise. Thor was a great introduction to the God of Thunder. Ant-Man was pure fun. While I enjoyed IM2 and IM3, yeah, they were dissapointing but still, I enjoyed them as I love IM.

Loved the first Avengers. Was pretty unique and LOT of fun, but still HATE Cap's costume. Was a big FAIL! for me. Avengers 2 was good, but just not great. Gotta admit Ultron was missing that little touch for being a real villain...

Last edited:
Gonna go and read this!!! WOOT!!!

Edit:
Well done... REALLY well done! In just enought depth, I like your review!
Pretty agree on everything you said about how I like the MCU movies. Iron Man, Captain America Winter Soldier are TOP winner. Guardians was a nice surprise. Thor was a great introduction to the God of Thunder. Ant-Man was pure fun. While I enjoyed IM2 and IM3, yeah, they were dissapointing but still, I enjoyed them as I love IM.

Loved the first Avengers. Was pretty unique and LOT of fun, but still HATE Cap's costume. Was a big FAIL! for me. Avengers 2 was good, but just not great. Gotta admit Ultron was missing that little touch for being a real villain...

Thanks, bud -- I appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Black Panther looks bad-ass. Is he still getting a stand-alone? That will definitely be worth watching, if he does.

As far as the movie overall, it was pretty epic. I was surprised at how many heroes they packed in. Considering that the movie is titled as Captain America, they sure had a bunch of Avengers show up. But that's not a complaint. I think I'll make a point to do a second viewing in the theater, which doesn't happen often. I thought this was one of the better Avengers movies, right up there with the Iron Man series and The Avengers. :thumbs::thumbs:

I spent 12 days watching 25+ hours of superhero awesomeness in preparation of Captain America: Civil War and now I've written reviews on each MCU film here.

Awesome Read Ken! I'm with you on most of these but I think my rankings are a little different then yours...
My order from Best to Worst:
  1. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
  2. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
  3. CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
  4. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
  5. IRONMAN
  6. AVENGERS
  7. ANT-MAN
  8. THOR
  9. AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
  10. THE INCREDIBLE HULK
  11. IRONMAN 3
  12. IRONMAN 2
  13. THOR: THE DARK WORLD
Up until recently I would have had Age of Ultron lower on the list, but I re-watched it before seeing civil war and liked it A LOT more this time around.
It's crazy, there are 13 films in the MCU so far and even though I have some ranked a lot lower, I still have enjoyed each and every one of them!

Thanks again @tridon for the article and making me want to sit down and actually list my favorites.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
Just saw this, and whilst I found it entertaining, it wasn't as amazing as people are making out IMO. I expected something really unique with all the hype it's getting and a lot classing it as "the best superhero movie ever", but it's the same thing Marvel always deliver - not that that's a bad thing though... I guess I was just expecting something different. Still, it was a lot of fun, and I look forward to rewatching it! :)

Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
Awesome Read Ken! I'm with you on most of these but I think my rankings are a little different then yours...
  5. IRONMAN
  6. AVENGERS
  7. ANT-MAN
  8. THOR
  10. THE INCREDIBLE HULK
  11. IRONMAN 3
  12. IRONMAN 2
Up until recently I would have had Age of Ultron lower on the list, but I re-watched it before seeing civil war and liked it A LOT more this time around.
It's crazy, there are 13 films in the MCU so far and even though I have some ranked a lot lower, I still have enjoyed each and every one of them!

Thanks again @tridon for the article and making me want to sit down and actually list my favorites.

Great list, bud! Damn GotG for splitting up your Captain America films! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Just saw this, and whilst I found it entertaining, it wasn't as amazing as people are making out IMO. I expected something really unique with all the hype it's getting and a lot classing it as "the best superhero movie ever", but it's the same thing Marvel always deliver - not that that's a bad thing though... I guess I was just expecting something different. Still, it was a lot of fun, and I look forward to rewatching it! :)

What did you think of spidey in the end?

I was very happy he was in the whole fight, loved the bedroom scene with him and Tony, and I found his voice spot on and very funny. Kinda stole the show for me in the fight, that and giant man. Oh and when antman goes in Tony's suit

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
  5. IRONMAN
  6. AVENGERS
  7. ANT-MAN
  8. THOR
  10. THE INCREDIBLE HULK
  11. IRONMAN 3
  12. IRONMAN 2

Pretty simular to my order, except I would move iron man 3 & age of ultron up a little and captain America first avenger down a little but when you look at them in list form it's hard to rank them and although I thought Thor 2 was bad I still watch it and enjoy parts of it to a degree when watching all the films like you say

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
What did you think of spidey in the end?

I was very happy he was in the whole fight, loved the bedroom scene with him and Tony, and I found his voice spot on and very funny. Kinda stole the show for me in the fight, that and giant man. Oh and when antman goes in Tony's suit

He was okay I guess... fun to watch, but the majority of his dialogue made me cringe. For now, Garfield is still my favourite Spidey, but I'll judge Holland's properly once I've seen his standalone film.

• Thanks
He was okay I guess... fun to watch, but the majority of his dialogue made me cringe. For now, Garfield is still my favourite Spidey, but I'll judge Holland's properly once I've seen his standalone film.

Yeah Garfield is still my fav for now too but I was happy in the end with Holland. I thought I was going to hate him but he turned out alright

Looking forward to the standalone now (aren't we also getting a animated film too?)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah Garfield is still my fav for now too but I was happy in the end with Holland. I thought I was going to hate him but he turned out alright

Looking forward to the standalone now (aren't we also getting a animated film too?)
Holland definitely did a great job considering... obviously he's not to blame for the cheesy dialogue. I quite liked Black Panther too, even though he kind of reminded me of Catwoman with the claws lol. I thought his introduction was pretty lame though... especially compared to Spidey's.

Same mate... I'm really excited to see what Marvel do with the standalone film. I don't know anything about an animated one... I don't follow that stuff.

• Thanks
Holland definitely did a great job considering... obviously he's not to blame for the cheesy dialogue. I quite liked Black Panther too, even though he kind of reminded me of Catwoman with the claws lol. I thought his introduction was pretty lame though... especially compared to Spidey's.

Same mate... I'm really excited to see what Marvel do with the standalone film. I don't know anything about an animated one... I don't follow that stuff.

I didn't find his dialogue cheesey though, like when he's trying to talk to falcon and the Star Wars moment and in his room was prefect for me but different to what we have seen on film. Him and Garfield are the good interpretations of the character in my head. In fact Holland was like a young Garfield (not looks and is shorter) but can see him becoming a bit cooler when he's older like Garfield was but still a geek but handled both sides well.

Yeah I'm not 100% sold on black panther yet. The fighting was really good but the claws made me chuckle a little. Especially when he has that catwoman moment when the camera is on his hand and he gets the claws out lol

He's introduction was definately not as good as spideys

The animated spiderman film is a proper cinematic release by Sony, same guys who wrote are directed the lego movie and the jump sreets (Lord and Miller) so I'm well up for it. Could be amazing action when done like that

After having had some time to reflect after viewing Civil War I would rank the MCU films thusly:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: Civil War
Iron Man
Ant-Man (underrated)
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

I haven't seen the other MCU films

• Thanks