Captain America: The First Avenger (4K + Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: February 26, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6316076_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg

Thanks to @Leprekon for the heads up

Last edited by a moderator:
Another video from SegaSaturnSNK:

Looks a bit of a rush job to me, no title on the front, no special treatment, and very lazy rear artwork. I feel this and the new Winter Solider release will match one another perfectly but in terms of the best First Avenger Steelbook this falls way short of the original WWA, Blufans' and Kimchi's. I'd probably put in on a par with the two editions from Zavvi

The aged border on the front is matte, the spine appears matte, and apparently (I haven't opened mine as it's damaged) the rear cover is matte except for the gloss shield. Some metallic effects in the gloss bits look nice, rich color too. Not a bad Steelbook.

This feels really period appropriate. No need to have a glossy finish on this. Received mine this evening. Quite happy to add it to the CA collection.

If anybody is looking for a copy of this let me know. I'm going to have extra copies of the Best Buy Canada steelbook.

Atmos is badass! The Atmos on a Disney disc, however, is consistently bad. Some of their discs have okay surround activity but overall they're crushed to be quiet with very little dynamics. Suitable if you're downmixing into headphones, maybe? Nowhere near what any sane person with an Atmos sound system should expect, however.

Unless you're watching at night and don't want to wake the kids but are too lazy to turn on normalization and night mode yourself so thankfully Disney has already done it for you with their horrendous Atmos mixes.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Atmos is badass! The Atmos on a Disney disc, however, is consistently bad. Some of their discs have okay surround activity but overall they're crushed to be quiet with very little dynamics. Suitable if you're downmixing into headphones, maybe? Nowhere near what any sane person with an Atmos sound system should expect, however.

Unless you're watching at night and don't want to wake the kids but are too lazy to turn on normalization and night mode yourself so thankfully Disney has already done it for you with their horrendous Atmos mixes.
hrrm? I don't think I have any Disney titles with Atmos, I'll have to check to make sure. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs: