Captain Marvel (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WeET Collection Exclusive No.05) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 14 September 10, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti (Pre-order July 10 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $178 (Box Set) - $51.99 (Individual Editions)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti
Note:
Total Print Run: 3500 copies
Full Slip Edition (Type A1) (2disc: 4K UHD + 2D) - 500 copies Numbered Card
Full Slip Edition (Type A2) (2disc: 4K UHD + 2D) - 350 copies Numbered Card
Lenticular (Full Slip) Edition (Type B) (2disc: 4K UHD + 2D) - 700 copies Numbered Card
ONE CLICK BOX Edition (1~650 Same Numbered 3 Editions + Magnet Lenicular)

Box Set.jpgFull Slip A1.jpgFull Slip A2.jpgLenti.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you nuts? Not in the steelbook world!!! Nope... they have to make it sound like it's your business to wait for them to produce a top notch product on their second try.

They need to put some lube on equipment at Scanavo. All this friction is irritating.

This is good news.
Checking before shipping and then providing an update. It doesn't matter if there are flaws as long as they are rectified before being shipped out.
Lets be honest, this one will [likely] still be one of the fastest releases to arrive this year.

:LOL: :LOL: Just read their announcement. Wait... so they've known about the issue since June 22nd. And they're informing us 6 weeks later, 3 days before the initial release date, that they're now going to need another 4 weeks to complete the release? For our benefit of course...

The adult equivalent of "my dog ate my homework."

Why? Just cos they're not letting it get to be as bad as IW? That's a really low bar.
In what way will it be one of the fastest?
I'm not sure how it can be anything but good news if they are rectifying flaws before shipping them out and keeping us updated as to why.

Then again, this is Weet so... haters gonna hate. :whistle:

Did you read my last message? They're just telling us now as an excuse of why it won't ship in 3 days. They've admitted to knowing since late June... almost 2 months ago!!
Yes, it's better than shipping a damaged product. But you know what would be even better? Here's a novel idea, do it right the first time! Wouldn't that be a breakthrough?!
They charge on their first try. Never a problem there. Only when they have to deliver do these problems arise.

It's not that I'm a hater. I'm a betterexpecter because I expect better from a premium retailer, charging premium money for a premium product. And it's not good enough to say, well we'll get it right the second time, just wait and see, the wait will be worth it... LOL like what were you intending on delivering on the original release date? Not your best work? It's not like they're adding or doing anything different on their second attempt to make up for the wasted time.

Did you read my last message? They're just telling us now as an excuse of why it won't ship in 3 days. They've admitted to knowing since late June... almost 2 months ago!!
Yes, it's better than shipping a damaged product. But you know what would be even better? Here's a novel idea, do it right the first time! Wouldn't that be a breakthrough?!
They charge on their first try. Never a problem there. Only when they have to deliver do these problems arise.

It's not that I'm a hater. I'm a betterexpecter because I expect better from a premium retailer, charging premium money for a premium product. And it's not good enough to say, well we'll get it right the second time, just wait and see, the wait will be worth it... LOL like what were you intending on delivering on the original release date? Not your best work? It's not like they're adding or doing anything different on their second attempt to make up for the wasted time.
THIS /\ /\

I don't hate WeEt

Just hate fu***ng delays from any retailer
Agreed, any delay from any retailer is annoying (and a whole different kettle of fish with some) but in the grand scheme of things Weet aren't that bad. They rectified their IW issue by shipping out replacement steelbooks, and they are rectifying this issue before they get shipped at all.

There have been other retailers releases on this forum that have been praised before now for rectifying issues before the item gets shipped and was peoples preference. If this is mainly about the fact they knew about it and haven't told us until now then maybe a couple of sleepless nights at the most for you.
At least they have told us and at least they are rectifying it.

Steelbook Collectors guide
Chapter 7 - paragraph 3

'B*tch and b*tch some more but still give them your custom on the next release'

Oh well, HDN life. :)

It's not WeET's fault that there are defects.

WeET is at fault for not setting expectations right once they found out.

The scenario here is the following: the manufacturer received the order. The order was processed. Defects happened, either during the manufacturing/production or on the way to the retailer (i.e. transport - DREDD fac anyone)?

The retailer discovered the defects as they were about to start putting the editions together (discs, cards, slips and so on...), which should have been noticed before the order shipped to them - if it's a QC issue. The retailer then notified the manufacturer about the said defects. What happened afterwards is that most likely the manufacturer needed a certain amount of time to get back to WeET about when the replacements would be ready, after an investigation would have been done to pinpoint the cause of the defect and how to avoid it on the second run, if it was during manufacturing. If it happened due to the transportation, how they were or were not protected, then that's also more time spent chasing the culprit.

All that takes time, back and forth communication and with COVID-19 not making things any easier on anyone, with people working from home or on location in reduced capacity or not at all, it all adds to the delay.

WeET most likely didn't want to commit to a date before having final confirmation, to avoid having to change the release date yet again (which could still happen mind you), should the manufacturer be late to deliver or should there be defects in the second run.

Yeah not seeing the big deal. Its delayed less than a month. I assume they didnt notify us sooner because they had hoped to get the steels in time to still make the original August 14 date. They were probably even told they would have them in time until Scanavo told them they wouldn't due to Covid. Every retailer has delays and especially the last 6 months or so. Some of you all just wake up on the wrong side of the bed to often i think lol

Yeah not seeing the big deal. Its delayed less than a month. I assume they didnt notify us sooner because they had hoped to get the steels in time to still make the original August 14 date. They were probably even told they would have them in time until Scanavo told them they wouldn't due to Covid. Every retailer has delays and especially the last 6 months or so. Some of you all just wake up on the wrong side of the bed to often i think lol

THIS! Well said @howarmat

If I’ve learned one thing in 2020 it’s don’t sweat the small stuff. So many people around the world (due to one thing or another) have lost their jobs, lost their homes, lost loved ones..... all in all this year’s been a proper ****-show, a little perspective please ninjas? :)

So if all SteelBooks come from Scanavo...WTF is going on with Scanavo lately?

EDIT: My apologies. The statement from WeET just says there are defective SteelBooks. Doesn't say what the defect is or when it may have happened. Could've been WeET scratching them on that paper again.

For anyone that ordered a One Click Direct from WEET What does your Order History Page say? I paid there Invoice for the shipping they forgot to charge but that amount doesn't show up?
The total number of cash under the Order Amount, Deposit Amount, and Amount Deposited are the same as they were the day of the preorder. The only difference is under condition it now says deposit, not sure if that means they got my shipping Invoice?
There really bad at replying to emails.

Order amountDeposit amountAmount depositedcondition