Captain Marvel (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WeET Collection Exclusive No.05) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 14 September 10, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti (Pre-order July 10 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $178 (Box Set) - $51.99 (Individual Editions)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti
Note:
Total Print Run: 3500 copies
Full Slip Edition (Type A1) (2disc: 4K UHD + 2D) - 500 copies Numbered Card
Full Slip Edition (Type A2) (2disc: 4K UHD + 2D) - 350 copies Numbered Card
Lenticular (Full Slip) Edition (Type B) (2disc: 4K UHD + 2D) - 700 copies Numbered Card
ONE CLICK BOX Edition (1~650 Same Numbered 3 Editions + Magnet Lenicular)

Box Set.jpgFull Slip A1.jpgFull Slip A2.jpgLenti.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're talking about lead time. I'm not. I'm talking about them not meeting their own deadline.
If Zavvi can ship a WEA steel 3 days in advance, Weet should be able to do that and more. And it's not good enough to say, well don't worry, you'll get the really good stuff if you give us another month. For the actual release date we could have only sent out trash.

Unacceptable.

You're talking about lead time. I'm not. I'm talking about them not meeting their own deadline.
If Zavvi can ship a WEA steel 3 days in advance, Weet should be able to do that and more. And it's not good enough to say, well don't worry, you'll get the really good stuff if you give us another month. For the actual release date we could have only sent out trash.

Unacceptable.

sorry mate but I don’t think you understand their process.
Zavvi will receive the shipment and then just ship it out. They won’t do a QC. They open a few big boxes and place the steels from those big boxes to smaller white boxes and send out.

weet will have to go through every single item, steel, slip to check for damage before they start to pack up their releases. This is hugely time consuming. Say one person is doing that, looking through 4,000 steels and slips (however big the release is) then they will have to check all of them to see if the damage is repeated (if something was spotted straight away). It may even be a printing error in colour or the debossing not matching up (which all happens) so they would have to go through it all. We don’t know what their situation is with going Into work to be able to do this or how many work with them. Zavvi literally have hundreds of people in their warehouse. Weet Don’t have that. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just one or two people doing this at weet.

You’ve not taken any of this into consideration. It’s really not that deep or unacceptable lol

who are you arguing with? Lol

all premium retailers have always taken the money up front. Your about 9 years too late with this argument
Just for your information, we didn't have the pandemic 9 years ago. We've only had the pandemic in a few months and finding a job these days and making money isn't the way it used to be. Making money makes a bigger difference now than it did a few years ago.

Reactions: Flloydo
Just for your information, we didn't have the pandemic 9 years ago. We've only had the pandemic in a few months and finding a job these days and making money isn't the way it used to be. Making money makes a bigger difference now than it did a few years ago.

I fully agree with you. But if that’s the case why are you buying expensive releases? I don’t mean that in a patronising way but if that is a issue and survival and food/ bills etc are more important in this climate then steelbooks should be the last thing on your mind

I fully agree with you. But if that’s the case why are you buying expensive releases? I don’t mean that in a patronising way but if that is a issue and survival and food/ bills etc are more important in this climate then steelbooks should be the last thing on your min
I know you mean no harm but as mentioned before it still looks like simply a delay tactic. If you recall with premium retailers, whenever there's a damage, pictures have been shown to show the damage. Where is the damage photos from this release. I'd like to see it. If there's going to be another tactic with delays, I predict that it will be announced right before the new date for the delay.

Reactions: Flloydo
I didn't even order this so I should stay away, but I agree with the folks who said that you're paying for a product and not a release date. Delays have been happening for years, it's part of pre ordering stuff, I really wouldn't have the energy to get that upset for every delay.

On another hand, I do understand that it's annoying if you passed on something else to pre order but it's just part of the game. Atleast you're getting your product in mint condition.

I know you mean no harm but as mentioned before it still looks like simply a delay tactic. If you recall with premium retailers, whenever there's a damage, pictures have been shown to show the damage. Where is the damage photos from this release. I'd like to see it. If there's going to be another tactic with delays, I predict that it will be announced right before the new date for the delay.

From my knowledge I’ve only seen some retailers post pics of supposed damage. Can’t even remember the last time that happened. Manta have had issues before that they've stated in monthly updates about one click boxes being faulty and being reprinted but I’ve never known them to post pics of the fault or damage. That’s just an example because they are the last ones I personally remember having a delay due to an apparent fault.

But I think some are getting into conspiracy theories a bit too much. Take weets infinity war for example, they acknowledged the issues and sent replacements out to all that contacted them. There was transparency so I don’t get why they would lie in this case. If they were down on staff or the sorting with this release was taking longer to QC or pack then I think they would admit it.

but in this instance their email says they are trying to get stuff sent out before September 10th which is less than a months delay. It all seems legit to me and it’s only a few weeks later. But I do get your points.

sorry mate but I don’t think you understand their process.
Zavvi will receive the shipment and then just ship it out. They won’t do a QC. They open a few big boxes and place the steels from those big boxes to smaller white boxes and send out.
I do understand it just fine.
So basically Zavvi receives a shipment ahead of time and ships them out individually on or before the release date. Perfect.
weet will have to go through every single item, steel, slip to check for damage before they start to pack up their releases. This is hugely time consuming.
I understand it. I don't doubt it's time consuming. I also don't care if it is or isn't. It's something each retailer should factor in before establishing a release date.
Say one person is doing that, looking through 4,000 steels and slips (however big the release is) then they will have to check all of them to see if the damage is repeated (if something was spotted straight away).
Irrelevant. It could be 1 person, it could be a 100. As a client I don't care. I want it done well and I want them to meet their own claimed release date. They should know how many people they will have for QC for however big their print run is, and factor it all in. It's their responsibility, not mine. They charge me for all of that. They should make it happen, and stop with the excuses.
It may even be a printing error in colour or the debossing not matching up (which all happens) so they would have to go through it all. We don’t know what their situation is with going Into work to be able to do this or how many work with them.
They have an obligation with their clients. Scanavo has an obligation with them, not with me. If this new found issue (almost 2 month old now) was not their doing and Scanavo's, then that's on Weet to bring it up with Scanavo. I can only bring it up with Weet or air it out on the boards. If nobody calls them on it ever because they don't want to seem uncool then things get worse, not better.
Zavvi literally have hundreds of people in their warehouse. Weet Don’t have that. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just one or two people doing this at weet.
Not relevant. Their staff numbers should be factored in when claiming a release date. If they can't realistically deliver on a specified date, then don't even bring it up in the first place.
You’ve not taken any of this into consideration. It’s really not that deep or unacceptable lol
I have. I decided it's not relevant :)

• Haha
Reactions: milky and Flloydo
From my knowledge I’ve only seen some retailers post pics of supposed damage. Can’t even remember the last time that happened. Manta have had issues before that they've stated in monthly updates about one click boxes being faulty and being reprinted but I’ve never known them to post pics of the fault or damage. That’s just an example because they are the last ones I personally remember having a delay due to an apparent fault.

But I think some are getting into conspiracy theories a bit too much. Take weets infinity war for example, they acknowledged the issues and sent replacements out to all that contacted them. There was transparency so I don’t get why they would lie in this case. If they were down on staff or the sorting with this release was taking longer to QC or pack then I think they would admit it.

but in this instance their email says they are trying to get stuff sent out before September 10th which is less than a months delay. It all seems legit to me and it’s only a few weeks later. But I do get your points.
That wasn't directed at me but I'll chime in :D
I'm not saying they don't have damaged steelbooks. I'm saying I don't care. I want them to sort it out in a way that doesn't affect me :D
Yes, I want them (all) to do better. I hold them to higher standards than you do Flloydo, that's all.