Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.60 star(s) Rating: 3.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Captain Marvel

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Cast: Brie Larson, Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou, Gemma Chan, Clark Gregg, Mckenna Grace, Kenneth Mitchell, Colin Ford, Algenis Perez Soto, Lashana Lynch, Rune Temte, Robert Kazinsky, Raul Torres, Annette Bening, Ana Ayora, Adam Hart, Pete Ploszek, Clayton Chitty, Gastón Dalmau, Mel Powell, Connor Ryan, Damon O'Daniel, DJ Jenkins, DaJuan Rippy, Danny Wendt, Rayniel Rufino

Release: 2019-03-06

Plot: The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Attachments

• cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and Flash
I had to Google her, but she definitely has the look... obviously I can't judge her acting though because I have no clue who she is. :p

You should watch Vikings she's bad ass in it and would have been amazing in this. Loved this fan art
image.jpg

oh well Brie (boring choice) will have to do :(

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Interesting choice. Can't say I recoginised the names, but after looking them up I see Fleck directed Half Nelson (Ryan Gosling film) and Boden helped him write it... it's the only film of theirs that I've seen, but I enjoyed it! Looks like they've worked together on quite a few projects actually.

Also never heard of these 2 and looking at their work I've also only seen half Nelson which I enjoyed but is quite dark (my ex hated that film)

Not heard of the Reynolds film either but seem to have a good reception

These 2 are quite daring and really random IMO for marvel. More random than Gunn and waititi

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Also never heard of these 2 and looking at their work I've also only seen half Nelson which I enjoyed but is quite dark (my ex hated that film)

Not heard of the Reynolds film either but seem to have a good reception

These 2 are quite daring and really random IMO for marvel. More random than Gunn and waititi
One thing I like about Marvel is that they always give the lesser-known people a chance... it's worked for them fairly well so far. I guarantee you most Marvel fans had never heard of Gunn when it was first announced that he'd be directing GOTG, and now look at him! Still, I get the impression Marvel/Disney have their own vision and push the directors in that direction... I mean, look at the whole Edgar Wright situation with Ant-Man and his reasons for leaving the project. Will be interesting to see how this one turns out anyway, and it's one of a few Marvel movies I'm actually looking forward to... mostly because it's their first female superhero movie, but also because it stars Brie Larson! :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
From SDCC 2017:
the studio debuted the first concept art of Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Captain Marvel and also announced that the Skrulls will be the main villains in her upcoming solo feature, which will take place in the 1990s, meaning it'll serve as a loose prequel to 2008's Iron Man.

Samuel L. Jackson has also been confirmed to reprise his role as Nick Fury and here's a twist: he'll be sporting both eyes.​
01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

Last edited:
THE SKRULLS!!! No Way!!! That could be wicked.

I'm not sure how I feel about it taking place in the 90s... What is the point in doing that?

Before Iron Man... Must be a point there?

I don't know a ton about Captain Marvel TBH. But does the character not age?
Cause isn't the plan to have her in Infinity war pt 2? wouldn't Brie be like... 20 years older then? I know marvel has done some impressive de-aging in past films... so maybe it will work?

Also. Why is she never referenced or talked about if this takes place before everything?

I'm sure Marvel will have an answer. But I'm just confused right now.

Reactions: Flloydo
Cause isn't the plan to have her in Infinity war pt 2? wouldn't Brie be like... 20 years older then? I know marvel has done some impressive de-aging in past films... so maybe it will work?

Also. Why is she never referenced or talked about if this takes place before everything?

Ill stick this in spoilers just in case.

Captain Marvel in the comics, is often out in space. In recent years she has teamed up with the guardians a few times. she also has links with S.W.O.R.D. She could be stuck up in the SWORD space station over seeing things over the years, could be out in space somewhere fighting kree or skrull or something

Her powers don't stipulate reduced aging as far as I'm aware, but they could make it a minor part of her power set in the movies

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Looking forward to this one! Will be interesting to see how Marvel handle their first female-led movie.

• Thanks

This is what I'm thinking, again don't know much about the character but if it's in the 90's why hasn't she been referenced yet

Just sound like fox with x men and Charles meeting magneto at 19 or Charles growing up with mystique etc

• Thanks
From Variety.com
Jude Law is in negotiations to play the male lead opposite Brie Larson in Marvel’s “Captain Marvel,” sources tell Variety.

Ben Mendelsohn is on board to play the villain with “Half Nelson” helmers Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck directing. Kevin Feige is producing.

Marvel had no comment.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet wrote the most recent script with “Inside Out” scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman penning previous drafts, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.

Law will be playing Doctor Walter Lawson, a.k.a. Mar-Vell, who becomes a mentor of sorts to Danvers as she tries to figure out her new powers.

At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that the superhero film will be set in the ’90s, before the Avengers ever thought of assembling, and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury.

• Thanks
First look at Captain Marvel:

larson01.jpg

Whats up with the Green?

Here is a photoshopped version I found online that someone did with the proper colors:
display.jpeg

LOOKS WAAAAAAAY BETTER!!! RIGHT???