Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.60 star(s) Rating: 3.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Captain Marvel

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Cast: Brie Larson, Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou, Gemma Chan, Clark Gregg, Mckenna Grace, Kenneth Mitchell, Colin Ford, Algenis Perez Soto, Lashana Lynch, Rune Temte, Robert Kazinsky, Raul Torres, Annette Bening, Ana Ayora, Adam Hart, Pete Ploszek, Clayton Chitty, Gastón Dalmau, Mel Powell, Connor Ryan, Damon O'Daniel, DJ Jenkins, DaJuan Rippy, Danny Wendt, Rayniel Rufino

Release: 2019-03-06

Plot: The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Attachments

• cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and Flash
Actually super excited for this one! I think Brie really looks the part, and I'm loving that suit.

Actually super excited for this one! I think Brie really looks the part, and I'm loving that suit.

I wasn't a big fan of the EW cover... but the all the stills they released are WICKED.
The shots with Ronan and Jude Law... and then you have Korath on her team? I haven't read much CapMarvel comics, so not sure if that always was a thing?... but im pumped.

I wasn't a big fan of the EW cover... but the all the stills they released are WICKED.
The shots with Ronan and Jude Law... and then you have Korath on her team? I haven't read much CapMarvel comics, so not sure if that always was a thing?... but im pumped.
I think the EW cover shows off the suit really well, but overall the image as a whole could've definitely been better... Brie looks like she's trying to hold in a fart lol.

I don't read comics at all, so know literally nothing about the character (same goes for all Marvel characters tbh), so was surprised to see both Ronan and Korath too.

• Haha
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I think the EW cover shows off the suit really well, but overall the image as a whole could've definitely been better... Brie looks like she's trying to hold in a fart lol.
HAHAHA. THIS!
Yeah the suit looks great. But you're right, I think its her facial expression that made me not like it.

And I've just decided that this is my favorite character in the movie (even tho I haven't seen it yet... or know anything about her). She just looks so bad ass.
opw-16473_r copy.jpg

Reactions: Noodles
HAHAHA. THIS!
Yeah the suit looks great. But you're right, I think its her facial expression that made me not like it.

And I've just decided that this is my favorite character in the movie (even tho I haven't seen it yet... or know anything about her). She just looks so bad ass.
View attachment 391740
;) :p

Haha she does look bad ass! It's similar to when I first saw Gamora in GOTG promo shots... her look was so cool that I loved her before even knowing who or what the character was lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Clark Gregg teases Coulson and Fury’s ‘meet-cute’ in Captain Marvel

via EW

Four feature films, two shorts, and more than 100 episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have proven that it takes a lot to faze Phil Coulson. The first time we meet Clark Gregg’s agent in Iron Man, he assures Tony that flying metal suits and secret identities are just a regular day at work for him, adding, “This isn’t my first rodeo, Mr. Stark.”

But Captain Marvel finds Coulson in a very different place. Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck’s upcoming Marvel flick is set in the mid-‘90s, starring Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot with alien powers. At this point in time, Coulson is still a S.H.I.E.L.D. rookie, and when EW sat down with Gregg for our Captain Marvel cover story, he said the young Coulson hasn’t yet learned that there are other, extraterrestrial forces at work in the world.

“This might be the rodeo,” Gregg tells EW. “It’s one of them, for sure.”

Captain Marvel marks Gregg’s return to the big-screen side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, following his “death” in 2012’s The Avengers. “There was something really special about going back to the early days when he was just kind of coming up the ranks,” he says. “I had to take innocence workshops and go back to when he was a little less crusty and jaded!”

So what can we expect from this younger, more innocent version of Coulson?

“He’s a relatively new S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who is obsessed with MC Hammer and dresses just like him, and it makes Director Fury so angry,” Gregg quips. “The genie pants don’t really go with the Armani.”

Fashion sense aside, the film does include the first meeting between Coulson and Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury — who, at this point, is still a fairly low-level bureaucrat within S.H.I.E.L.D. (He’s also still got both eyes.) Gregg describes it as Coulson and Fury’s “meet-cute moment,” although, he adds with a laugh, “I don’t think Sam will put it that way.”

Marvel hasn’t released any images of Gregg in Captain Marvel yet, but both he and Jackson are being digitally de-aged for the film. Gregg hit the gym pretty regularly to prepare to play young Coulson — “When I got the call saying they wanted to do this and have Coulson be in this ‘90s world, they said, ‘Do you have a trainer?’” he recalls — but he jokes that he’s been sucking up to the visual effects team in the hope that they’ll make him look good.

“People don’t know this but Robert Downey is actually 71,” he says. “So they’ve been doing that for him in all of these movies.”

Captain Marvel will hit theaters in March 2019. For more, check out EW’s cover story on the film.

Trailer wasn't anything amazing IMO, but the first ones never really are. Still super excited for this though! So happy to see Marvel finally giving some of their female characters the attention they deserve. :D