Car stereos

bighorns

BANNED
Jan 28, 2009
Nevada
What is everyone bumping in their rides?

Wifey's deck.....Kenwood eXcelon
Amp....Fosgate Punch 400 watt
Sub....MTX 10" in bandpass box

My deck......Pioneer DEH-P6000UB
Subs......2 x 10" 250-watt Powered Bazooka tubes

Last edited:
All my stuff (except the amp) is from Diamond Audio. I Have the D6 6.5" components up front and D3 5"x8" composite speakers in the rear doors. I also have a 12 DVC sub with some crappy amp that I had in highschool. I can't bring myself to upgrade the amp since road noise cancels out the little nuances that a more expensive amp would bring, plus it puts out 600 watts and actually sounds decent with the sub.

When I got my car I wanted to put on some D6 and D3s as well they were pricey though, but every authorized dealer around me didn't have them so I gave up.

I'm already too deaf at my age to do the car stereo thing again. I had about $5000 into mine back when i was like 20-21 and for a few years after that. I used to have, in my 96 dodge neon, 2 jl audio 15" subwoofers, running on the original rockford fosgate punch 200. I remember i had a clarion head unit, sony 4 way 6x9's in my rear deck, sony 6-1/2 in my doors, and 1" dome tweeters in my dash, of course a bunch of fuse blocks, a full cap to help prevent battery drain, and all kinds of other wiring and stuff. I do miss it sometimes,it was loud as **** and blew all of the seals in my trunk, doors and such back then. I also had to re-glue my rearview mirror back on in more than one occasion. Now i have an 09 hyundai sonata v6 and the factory stereo and my ipod are plenty enough for me.

I drive a company truck, so its all factory ...... though it pretty good with Microsoft sync and all that jazz. Had a sirius unit in my personal ride but we hardly use it (the ride and the radio) so I just canceled the subscription.

I drive a company truck, so its all factory ...... though it pretty good with Microsoft sync and all that jazz. Had a sirius unit in my personal ride but we hardly use it (the ride and the radio) so I just canceled the subscription.

Mine came with xm for the first few months, i never renewed mine either as i rarely listened to it. I have 120gb of music in my ipod so far, why do i need satellite radio?

I love my satelite radio. I too have an old school ipdo full of tunes but I'm always looking for new artists I've never heard of before. that's why I have satelite. Howard Stern ain't bad either.

I love my satelite radio. I too have an old school ipdo full of tunes but I'm always looking for new artists I've never heard of before. that's why I have satelite. Howard Stern ain't bad either.

I use messageboard posts from other members on the boards i visit and Last.FM for that now. I used to hunt myspace high and low for artists to listen to, but haven't done that in a few years now.