paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Zavvi - Amazon - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Arrow-Zavvi-Hmv) - £22.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 5,000 copies

CARRIE_EXPLODED_PACK copy_small-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Restored in 4K from the original negative, this collector’s edition provides the definitive release of a horror classic.

LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
• 4K restoration from the original negative
• High Definition (1080p) presentation
• DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and uncompressed 1.0 mono soundtracks
• Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Commentary by Lee Gambin, author of Nope, Nothing Wrong Here: The Making of Cujo, and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45 and Devil’s Advocates: Suspiria, recorded exclusively for this release
• Brand-new visual essay comparing the various versions and adaptations of Carrie across the years
• Acting Carrie, archive featurette containing interviews with director Brian De Palma, actors Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Amy Irving, William Katt and others
• More Acting Carrie, additional interviews with the cast of the film • Visualising Carrie: From Words to Images, archive featurette containing interviews with De Palma, writer Lawrence D. Cohen, editor Paul Hirsch and art director Jack Fisk • Singing Carrie: Carrie the Musical, archive featurette on the stage musical adaptation of King’s novel
• Writing Carrie, an interview with writer Lawrence D. Cohen • Shooting Carrie, an interview with cinematographer Mario Tosi
• Cutting Carrie, an interview with editor Paul Hirsch • Casting Carrie, an interview with casting director Harriet B. Helberg
• Bucket of Blood, an interview with composer Pino Donaggio
• Horror’s Hallowed Grounds, a look back at the locations of Carrie
• Gallery
• Trailer
• TV spots
• Radio spots
• Carrie trailer reel
• Limited edition 60-page booklet featuring new writing on the film by Neil Mitchell, author of Devil’s Advocates: Carrie, and numerous reprints and interviews

Limited to 5,000 copies

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82 and Asopp
Carrie it is the same master as Scream Factory release but will be a new encode.

Packaging rigid slipcase similar to The Bird with the Crystal Plumage limited edition release

21764947_1694676347233019_8242031182610611717_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and Sigill
I only recently just picked up the FuturePak. :arghh:
MGM FuturePak is nice I have that myself
The Scream Factory and Arrow Video releases though is lot better in terms of extras and video quality

I already have the 2 Disc Blu-ray scream factory release
Scream factory release has film on Blu-ray and extras on separate Blu-ray

Arrow Video release It's pretty much similar to the scream factory release in terms of the extras the difference been Arrow Video is 1 Disc compared to Scream release been 2 discs

Arrow video release has new encode of the scream factory 4K scan remaster

Reactions: Noodles
MGM FuturePak is nice I have that myself
The Scream Factory and Arrow Video releases though is lot better in terms of extras and video quality

I already have the 2 Disc Blu-ray scream factory release
Scream factory release has film on Blu-ray and extras on separate Blu-ray

Arrow Video release It's pretty much similar to the scream factory release in terms of the extras the different been Arrow Video is 1 Disc compared to Scream release been 2 discs

Arrow video release has new encode of the scream factory 4K scan remaster
That's good to know... thanks Paul. :)

Definitely getting this! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Ordered, will change to an Arrow pre-order closer to the time if the price doesn't drop below it
This might end up sold out as a pre order with arrow films on-line store before release date if sales are good and then be only available to order from retailers like amazon/Zavvi/Hmv etc
Amazon price will drop you can expect be at least £24.99 or less

If your planning on holding out to order direct from Arrow Films best to keep watch on Arrow Video Facebook for updates as they will give notice if it's close to going sold out to order direct from arrow films

• Thanks
Reactions: navydavey