paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Zavvi - Amazon - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Arrow-Zavvi-Hmv) - £22.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 5,000 copies

CARRIE_EXPLODED_PACK copy_small-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I've put an order in :thumbs:
No probs. The price came down quicker than ususl for Amazon - usually it's a few weeks before they drop the price on a new pre order. I wonder if it will go back up a bit? Still, if you pre order at the cheaper price they will honour it.

I must say, this set looks striking - what with the predominant red front. Most of Arrow's limited edition hard card slip boxes tend to be a mix of of black and blue(ish) colours, apart from Hills have eyes. This really stands out, IMO. I like the look of it alot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Spinky
Arrow Video Facebook

** CARRIE SPECIAL FEATURES UPDATE **

Good news! Our December release of CARRIE has added a new bonus feature. After trawling through the MGM vaults, we have rediscovered the alternative opening title sequence prepared for network television! The sequence – which hasn’t been seen in years – presented a more chaste approach to the girls’ locker room in order to appease TV guidelines.

While tracking down this sequence, we also checked out the original soundtracks to see if we could locate the original “really ****** thing the other day” line of dialogue, but unfortunately all of the mags in the archive contained the “really ****** thing yesterday” line instead.

Check out the full specs for our release after the jump and pre-order your copy now!

----------------------------------

LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• 4K restoration from the original negative
• High Definition (1080p) presentation
• DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and uncompressed 1.0 mono soundtracks
• Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Commentary by Lee Gambin, author of Nope, Nothing Wrong Here: The Making of Cujo, and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45 and Devil’s Advocates: Suspiria, recorded exclusively for this release
• Brand-new visual essay comparing the various versions and adaptations of Carrie across the years
• Alternate title sequence created for network television screenings
• Acting Carrie, archive featurette containing interviews with director Brian De Palma, actors Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Amy Irving, William Katt and others
• More Acting Carrie, additional cast interviews with Laurie, Katt, Nancy Allen, Betty Buckley, Edie McClurg and P.J. Soles
• Visualising Carrie: From Words to Images, archive
featurette containing interviews with De Palma, writer Lawrence D. Cohen, editor Paul Hirsch and art
director Jack Fisk
• Singing Carrie: Carrie the Musical, archive featurette on the stage musical adaptation of King’s novel
• Writing Carrie, an interview with writer Lawrence D. Cohen
• Shooting Carrie, an interview with cinematographer Mario Tosi
• Cutting Carrie, an interview with editor Paul Hirsch
• Casting Carrie, an interview with casting director Harriet B. Helberg
• Bucket of Blood, an interview with composer Pino Donaggio
• Horror’s Hallowed Grounds, a look back at the locations of Carrie
• Gallery
• Trailer
• TV spots
• Radio spots
• Carrie trailer reel
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and new artwork by Laz Marquez
• Limited edition 60-page booklet featuring new writing on the film by Neil Mitchell, author of Devil’s Advocates: Carrie, a reprint of the Final Girls’ 40th anniversary Carrie zine, and an archive interview with Brian De Palma

22489845_1717470578286929_5694398544671608417_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and elle82
Arrow Video Facebook
*** CARRIE STOCK UPDATE***
23559427_1743777938989526_5187282933588400722_n.jpg

Attention! Our Limited Edition CARRIE set is now sold out via the Arrow Store! If you are still keen to pre-order this release
You can still pre order from Amazon/Zavvi/HMV

• Thanks
Reactions: kierano

This film is just..........unbelievable! So great, on so many levels - heartwrenching, tragic, iconic imagery, and unsettling. Sissy Spacek - nobody could have played Carrie like her....nobody! I have been watching this movie a few times over the last couple years, and will be watching it for years to come. So looking forward to see what Arrow have done with this!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Noodles
I do think the use of split screen towards the end of the film was a bad idea but apart from that it’s great
Yeah, i thought that when i first saw it. But on repeated viewings its grown on me and now i actually think it works really well. But yeah, at first i found my eyes flitting about, trying to take in the different scenes.

I do think the use of split screen towards the end of the film was a bad idea but apart from that it’s great
Brian De Palma uses Split Screen in a few of his films it's a style he likes to use he talks about this and what influenced him to use it in a 2015 documentary about his film career released on Blu-ray last year
De Palma (being a director is being a watcher) available on Blu-ray Lionsgate release in USA

I would recommend getting De Palma if you a fan of his films it's a fantastic documentary

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
The use of the same artwork across four different items in this edition (slip, amaray, booklet, disc) seems very lazy IMO. I decided to cancel my order anyway... not just for that reason, but mostly because I need to cut back on my spending, and I'm happy enough with the Futurepak I have. :)

The use of the same artwork across four different items in this edition (slip, amaray, booklet, disc) seems very lazy IMO. I decided to cancel my order anyway... not just for that reason, but mostly because I need to cut back on my spending, and I'm happy enough with the Futurepak I have. :)
Don't forget, the amaray has the original poster art on the reverse..........so get your order back in, haha! Yeah, the futurepak is a really nice steelie! I wonder how Arrows 4k remaster will compare to the pq of the futurepak release? For me, there was hardly any differance between, say, their original "Phenomena" release as compared to their recent 4k remaster of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Don't forget, the amaray has the original poster art on the reverse..........so get your order back in, haha! Yeah, the futurepak is a really nice steelie! I wonder how Arrows 4k remaster will compare to the pq of the futurepak release? For me, there was hardly any differance between, say, their original "Phenomena" release as compared to their recent 4k remaster of it.
I had forgotten about that to be honest... it's still not enough to tempt me to pre-order though unfortunately. Maybe if it's still around next year, then I'll consider picking it up! :)

It's worth getting this just for the 4K transfer remaster and the brilliant extras on the Blu-ray

I have the futurepak release myself and yes it's decent looking but it has the older UK MGM Blu-ray Disc
UK MGM Blu-ray yes is better for extras compared to the USA MGM Blu-ray as that has no extras

If you are a fan of the film
Scream Factory or the Arrow Video release is the release to have if picture quality or extras are important to you