paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Zavvi - Amazon - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Arrow-Zavvi-Hmv) - £22.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 5,000 copies

CARRIE_EXPLODED_PACK copy_small-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
What's wrong with this release?
That's easy . . .
a) Arrow continuing with the cost cutting cheapo Amaray instead of the superior digipack with its full size images. Reversible artwork on an Amaray is NO SUBSTITUTE.
b) For these Special Limited Editions the Blu-ray cases SHOULD BE DIFFERENT to the regular "5 for £30" that this Amaray will cost in a couple of months or so . . . in other words CRITERION/POWERHOUSE/101/88/CULT FILMS style cases with larger almost digipack sized artwork that these boutique labels use for all or some of their releases. . . or failing that, in this case, a black or a red Amaray . . . same in other cases where the artwork demands it.

Pics courtesy piedpiperagogo
DRqosMRVwAATN6p.jpg:large

Amaray + posters etc.:-
DRqouzTV4AA4503.jpg:large

DRqotn6VoAAGDu0.jpg:large

DRqowNMUIAIRRn2.jpg:large

Previous

What's wrong with this release?
That's easy . . .
a) Arrow continuing with the cost cutting cheapo Amaray instead of the superior digipack with its full size images. Reversible artwork on an Amaray is NO SUBSTITUTE.
b) For these Special Limited Editions the Blu-ray cases SHOULD BE DIFFERENT to the regular "5 for £30" that this Amaray will cost in a couple of months or so . . . in other words CRITERION/POWERHOUSE/101/88/CULT FILMS style cases with larger almost digipack sized artwork that these boutique labels use for all or some of their releases. . . or failing that, in this case, a black or a red Amaray . . . same in other cases where the artwork demands it.

Pics courtesy piedpiperagogo
DRqosMRVwAATN6p.jpg:large

Amaray + posters etc.:-
DRqouzTV4AA4503.jpg:large

DRqotn6VoAAGDu0.jpg:large

DRqowNMUIAIRRn2.jpg:large

Previous
Yeah, i totally agree with you! Arrow are cost cutting BIG TIME these days, and i am quickly losing interest in their releases because of it. Personally, i think that limited editions should also have some disc content EXCLUSIVE to that limited edition. For Arrow's limited editions, of late, it's merely a case of discontinuing the outer packaging perks - the amaray is EXACTLY the same. You can pick up at Fopp months down the line for £6. In effect, extra £15+ for outer packaging perks with thicker booklet. Compare to Videodrome or Donnie Darko limited editions, which were the same prce as this, or a bit cheaper. I love this movie, Carrie, and i bought this edition because of that, but Arrow ARE getting cheap on us - personally, i think they are getting quite greedy now, particularly since hitting the US.