Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: February 5, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99

C.jpg C2.jpg

The romantic lovers' triangle between the impossibly heroic Czech Resistance leader Victor Laszlo (Paul Henreid), his beautiful wife Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman) and her ex-lover, cynical American Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart), is still the same old story, but it's never looked better! Casablanca's new 4K resolution scan achieves the richest, most dynamic image possible, rendering the most romantic movie of all time the most beautiful it's ever been. So no matter how often you've seen the timeless classic that won 3 Academy Awards®* including Best Picture, you'll want to play it again and again.

Special Features:

Michael Curtiz: The Greatest Director You Never Heard Of
Casablanca: An Unlikely Classic
Introduction by Lauren Bacall
2 Separate Commentaries: Rogert Ebert and Film Historian Rudy Behlmer
Warner Night at the Movies
Great Performances: Bacall on Bogart
You Must Remember This: A Tribute to Casablanca
As Time Goes By: The Children Remember
You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story
The Brothers Warner
Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul Documentary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Probably about time I finally watched this classic... with an edition like this, I have no excuses now!

Probably about time I finally watched this classic... with an edition like this, I have no excuses now!
Nick, you've never seen Casablanca?
giphy.gif

well, we are getting you slowly into watching all the classics you've missed ;), but i figured you must'd seen this. at least now you'll know recognise the thousands of homages to it in all the other films you have seen. i'd say more, but since the entire film is quote after famous quote, everything would be a spoiler! hope you enjoy. :) :thumbs:

3 discs and a booklet, too!

Reactions: Noodles
Nick, you've never seen Casablanca?
giphy.gif

well, we are getting you slowly into watching all the classics you've missed ;), but i figured you must'd seen this. at least now you'll know recognise the thousands of homages to it in all the other films you have seen. i'd say more, but since the entire film is quote after famous quote, everything would be a spoiler! hope you enjoy. :) :thumbs:

3 discs and a booklet, too!
I'm afraid not mate. :bag:

I've heard/known about it ever since I was a kid, because it's referenced a lot, like you said. I'm also ashamed to admit that I've only ever seen one Bogart film (In A Lonely Place), which he was fantastic in, of course. But, yeah... I'm definitely excited to finally check out Casablanca for myself! Shame I have to wait until February, but I've waited long enough as it is, so what's a few more months? :D

Cheers buddy. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart