Castle Crashers Megathread

4597009198_5a6cc83075.jpg

The volleyball minigame that we will be including in our upcoming version of Castle, but before I get into that, let’s talk about the release date. This is pretty straightforward actually as we don’t have one yet. We’re looking to finish sometime this year and as soon as we can narrow it down to a specific month, we will be able to talk about this more.

4386086189_c0b65aa964.jpg

Here are some of the finer points:

+Play co-op or vs your buddies
+Local or online play
+From 1-4 players per team for up to 8 player matches
+Variable stats based on character
+Use magic attacks to place 8 new magic status effects on the volleyball
+Cool new serving and spiking moves
+Available AI teammates or opponents
+Play as any character you have unlocked
+Play 1, 3 or 5 matches against your opponents
+Leaderboards to track the best in the land

Last edited by a moderator:
We've just been waiting on our resident Nerd Killer to post the news is all, bout time! ;)

We've just been waiting on our resident Nerd Killer to post the news is all, bout time! ;)
Any chance I can become a mod then? Although I might need to post more to do so. Besides, I can't friggen' wait for this. Still, I might buy a 360 for Quake Arcade and the original Perfect Dark (with online multiplayer) and some other exclusives, even though Castle Crashers is coming to PSN.

Any chance I can become a mod then? Although I might need to post more to do so. Besides, I can't friggen' wait for this. Still, I might buy a 360 for Quake Arcade and the original Perfect Dark (with online multiplayer) and some other exclusives, even though Castle Crashers is coming to PSN.

Show some initiative, since I've been busy, and We can consider it.

Castle Crashers for PSN: Progress Report

Hidden amongst the madness of the Comic-Con 2009 show floor was a gem. Castle Crashers, a game that some hoped would eventually come to PS3, is finally headed our way. If you’re unfamiliar, it’s a really clever downloadable co-op action game that utilizes some cool RPG elements for great results. And it was officially announced for PSN at Comic-Con.

We cornered the kind folks at The Behemoth for a little back and forth, so take a look at the video to find out why you need to keep your eye out for Castle Crashers. And get to know these guys because they promised to come back on the Blog when they have even more to talk about.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/4f2c3ef2" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/4f2c3ef2" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

New Castle Crashers Character Will Benefit Breast Cancer Research

Greetings PlayStationland! I wanted to introduce you to a brand-new addition to the Castle Crashers team! We are pleased to announce that our single most-requested character will be joining the battle on PSN on February 8th in shiny new additional content for Castle Crashers. We give you…. the Pink Knight!

5414737814_49e845fa2b.jpg

Born out of popular demand, rumor, and Tom Fulp’s Beard, the Pink Knight is ready to bring the love in. The playable Pink Knight will come packed with the Lollipop and four other brand new additional weapons. Warning: Adorable.

5414126729_8c90383c05.jpg

The Pink Knight Pack will be available just in time for Valentine’s Day on PSN for just $1.99 and 100% of The Behemoth’s revenue from Pink Knight pack sales will be donated to charities devoted to Breast Cancer Research.

5414126775_1b04b886e8.jpg

5414126803_dfa91a1905.jpg

Let me just say, the Pink Knight’s magic is unlike anything else in the game. It will make you happy. It is full of Love and Rainbows. Those meany barbarians will never see it coming.