Cellphones - 4th gen Iphone=Mega Hotness?

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
So any of you guys phone aficionados? I am always looking at the new stuff that's coming out, I always like carrying something new not for flashing or anything I just love tech :)

I am going to make this thread for everything that has to do will mobile technology so anyone is welcome to contribute!

Apple iPhone
As an iPhone user obviously I am waiting for OS 3.0 which should be a nice change of pace, they are adding features which should have been there since day one! So the new OS update is in beta stages and it seems like hackers are already all over it as it has been jailbroken :) I personally don't do it.

Link for Jailbroken 3.0 article

Iphone.png

(This is my home screen BTW!)

Palm Pre
So Palm has worked up their own OS and is prepping and a release along with new hardware. I can't reveal my sources yet since I am under NDA, but I got to say that the new Palm phone is sweet! it's fast for now there's some stuff that needs to be worked on. There are some nice features that I am digging on this phone the only problem I really find is that it will only go to Sprint, I am not big on Sprint specially around where I live the service is a bit overpriced and I am not willing to make that plunge. Palm has some sweet features up their sleeves though I talked to the designer last Friday and yeah these guys are excited to see their ideas come to reality :)

pre-video-part-2-rm-eng.jpg

Link

So far the applications I've played with are cool and reliable, it's able to multitask without a problem! I am sure all Palm lovers will find this little toy fascinating!

I'll be back with more phones later!

Last edited:
the evo is just an hd2 with 4g inside. shame nobody will have 4g anytime soon. tho it is coming to my area ish..cleveland, cinci and pittsburgh this year. so thats kinda cool

the evo is just an hd2 with 4g inside. shame nobody will have 4g anytime soon. tho it is coming to my area ish..cleveland, cinci and pittsburgh this year. so thats kinda cool
And it has Andriod ;) 4G is coming to my area this year from Sprint so I'm stoked to give it a go

they've gotten android on wm phones working so well lately, its almost better to go with wm!

i guess we'll see what happens with wp7 tho

i do love my nexus tho :D

John Gruber's just weighed in with some more tidbits, in his characteristically polite way. Gruber says the next model will have an A4-class SoC, a 960 x 640 display, a front-facing camera, and that iPhone OS 4.0 will enable third-party multitasking. A pretty safe set of predictions, in all, but Gruber's done pretty well in the past, so we'll just have to wait and see.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/29/wsj-apple-developing-new-iphone-plus-another-for-verizon/

screen res is pretty high, but the rest is likely

If apple can break away from AT&T and spread their network out they might have something. Could you imagine HD video chat with the iPhone via iPhone-to-iPhone or skype?

(it's not my idea, I read it somewhere else.. but it'd still be bad ass)

It's been announced that HP has bought PALM for a few billion dollars! I am actually glad this happened as PALM has some ideas and WebOS had so much potential. I hope HP invest some time and money because it will only benefit them. I have a couple of contacts at PALM and they are definitely happy of this. There are countless possibilities now with tablets, phones and netbooks :)

It's been announced that HP has bought PALM for a few billion dollars! I am actually glad this happened as PALM has some ideas and WebOS had so much potential. I hope HP invest some time and money because it will only benefit them. I have a couple of contacts at PALM and they are definitely happy of this. There are countless possibilities now with tablets, phones and netbooks :)

hopefully hp can help them become successful, more competition is good for all of us

I the next gen phones should have a camera pointing towards the user so we can have video phone calls and chat. I'm actually amazed that no one has come out with this yet.

I have that on my phone,has 2 cameras,one at the back for taking picture and the other at the front for video calls,its the nokia n95 8gb.
Pretty useless though cause it cost a fortune to video call anyway