Cellphones - 4th gen Iphone=Mega Hotness?

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
So any of you guys phone aficionados? I am always looking at the new stuff that's coming out, I always like carrying something new not for flashing or anything I just love tech :)

I am going to make this thread for everything that has to do will mobile technology so anyone is welcome to contribute!

Apple iPhone
As an iPhone user obviously I am waiting for OS 3.0 which should be a nice change of pace, they are adding features which should have been there since day one! So the new OS update is in beta stages and it seems like hackers are already all over it as it has been jailbroken :) I personally don't do it.

Link for Jailbroken 3.0 article

Iphone.png

(This is my home screen BTW!)

Palm Pre
So Palm has worked up their own OS and is prepping and a release along with new hardware. I can't reveal my sources yet since I am under NDA, but I got to say that the new Palm phone is sweet! it's fast for now there's some stuff that needs to be worked on. There are some nice features that I am digging on this phone the only problem I really find is that it will only go to Sprint, I am not big on Sprint specially around where I live the service is a bit overpriced and I am not willing to make that plunge. Palm has some sweet features up their sleeves though I talked to the designer last Friday and yeah these guys are excited to see their ideas come to reality :)

pre-video-part-2-rm-eng.jpg

Link

So far the applications I've played with are cool and reliable, it's able to multitask without a problem! I am sure all Palm lovers will find this little toy fascinating!

I'll be back with more phones later!

Last edited:
Cali, xtop is right the updates are free for iPhone but you have to pay to download it for the iTouch.

Miguel, I agree with you Sony tends to release some nice phones but the price tag of these phones tend to be way too high.

Cali, xtop is right the updates are free for iPhone but you have to pay to download it for the iTouch.

Miguel, I agree with you Sony tends to release some nice phones but the price tag of these phones tend to be way too high.

I knew they were free for Iphone, up to now. Companies have been getting greedy, so I was just saying it better.. lol.

As for the itouch, you can usually find the firmware online to download for free to it.

its an htc..easy as pie. i can help you when it releases

Yep, its the ATT Tilt HTC... She got mad when I changed it to 6.1, just like most people, because it was different. One weird thing about it though, is that it blinks white when she puts it to sleep, but it doesnt happen everytime.. kinda weird.

Yep, its the ATT Tilt HTC... She got mad when I changed it to 6.1, just like most people, because it was different. One weird thing about it though, is that it blinks white when she puts it to sleep, but it doesnt happen everytime.. kinda weird.

oh ok, i've got the tilt too. need to put a cooked rom on there. makes it a lot faster

hit up xda developers forum to get some reading about it in, then i can show you some videos that make it simple

Wow that video shows the OS running really smooth!! my only real concern is how will it run when you have put a bunch of stuff in there. Win Mobile was a pain when I had a lot of content (yet no other application was on) and it would still lag, when I did a master reset everything was smooth. This looks nice, but I'd hate to see it go from hero to zero once you have content on your phone...

with a proper rom, things stay speedy. my cooked rom is just as fast as it was when i put the rom on. only thing that gets slower is email/texts..but thats because theres a lot more of them to load

You make a point, what I did also to try and get it going is I wrote my own XML skins and got rid of all the pesky stuff on the original skin from the providers :)

You make a point, what I did also to try and get it going is I wrote my own XML skins and got rid of all the pesky stuff on the original skin from the providers :)

what i'm most curious about is how the battery holds up. i hope its half of what theyre claiming. i'd love to go a whole day without needing a charge

Last edited:
Reactions: Towser
Yeah I never got into XML... though I saw some cool skins online.. like the mario one.. lol

It's a bit tricky at first, once you understand the syntax and layout then is easier.

what i'm most curious about is how the batter holds up. i hope its half of what theyre claiming. i'd love to go a whole day without needing a charge

That would be a first! lol I always needed a charge for my WinMo device at least once a day!

It's a bit tricky at first, once you understand the syntax and layout then is easier.

That would be a first! lol I always needed a charge for my WinMo device at least once a day!

hah..keyboard left out the y in battery. stupid phone. ah well..here's some interesting wm7 news..

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=4080

Hexus has thrown two interesting Zune rumours together in a blender and produced something rather delicious.

The first is that a Touch version of the Zune player is coming this summer. On the face of it this would seem to be a logical move if Microsoft intends to keep its product line in step with Apple’s. The evidence for this however is rather tenuous, consisting at best of a series of twitter posts mentioning the word “touch” by LiveSide.net contributor Ryan.

The next one is not much better, and is again from Ryan. It consists of a statement “Basically when the 3rd or 4th (depending on how you count generations) generation launches this late summer or fall. You will be getting a sneak peak at some of Windows Mobile 7’s features a year early.” Taken together however one can easily speculate that a new Zune Touch would contain many of the UI features one would expect in Windows Mobile, and would be a way for Microsoft to produce a flagship device with a great user experience without stepping on the toes of their phone OEM’s.