Toronto, ON
Release date: June 16th, 2015
Purchase links: Best Buy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18

m2217069.jpg

m2217069_1-1.jpg m2217069_2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
40.99 !! Are they trying to make some money of the fail box office ?!
LOL @ the price. I wonder why they do that? It can't just be a random number the person thinks of. I know FS also did that during preorder times.
lmao at the price they are insane... no way this is worth that and for all FS Pre-orders never saw any at that Price...I have seen some 32 range type but never in the 40... lol this will sit on the shelf
I think Best Buy is becoming like Zavvi when it comes to price announcements. The placeholder is really ridiculous. They almost got me on American Sniper. They listed it for $38.99 then changed it into $26.99 a week or two later.
Guys,
as per EVERYTIME a listing appears on BestBuy/FutureShop website, the first price is ALWAYS a placeholder.

Don't you worry, as @elchipo said, it will go down at real price in 1-2 weeks (maybe even less). Probably somewhere around 26.99$ - 28.99$.

it does appear so, just waiting for final artwork to start being shown as approved so we can see what will it will be like.
It's a blind buy for me too. I saw the trailer and i found myself intrigued. I've been eyeing the HMV UK, good thing this is coming out in Canada.

Guys,
as per EVERYTIME a listing appears on BestBuy/FutureShop website, the first price is ALWAYS a placeholder.

Don't you worry, as @elchipo said, it will go down at real price in 1-2 weeks (maybe even less). Probably somewhere around 26.99$ - 28.99$.
But it's a blind buy for me.

Acknowledged. To be honest, I just registered last month in Best Buy. Until the FS>BB announcement, I had been placing all of my order in FS.

Where I live we have some great independent theatres, Sony 4K, IMAX, IMAX 3D, and a new Cinemark with Xd, etc. , great concessions, etc. I go to the last screening, on a weekday. Many "private screenings". Never any talkers, they don't put up with it here. A great theatre experience beats sitting at home and watching TV. :)

My home theatre experience far exceeds my in-theatre experience -- and is cheaper. In some ways I wish theatres would die already as their days have passed. Then again, I am glad that theatre goers can help finance the movie so that it is cheaper on Blu.

I actually have four free movie theatre passes which I've held onto for over a year because there hasn't been anything that I have preferred to see in a theatre.

Besides, they don't give away SteelBooks with the movie ticket in the theatre. ;-)

It's a blind buy for me too. I saw the trailer and i found myself intrigued. I've been eyeing the HMV UK, good thing this is coming out in Canada.

I actually don't know anything about the movie other than the obvious clues from the posters... but I stay away from previews to have a clear fresh mind when I watch a movie, so I don't have expectations created. But for me even if it will be a BB exclusive I will stay with my Taiwan release...unless they do an exclusive artwork not used like the WWA Artwork
can't wait to see the movie, what I knew it was my kind of movie despite the obvious movie posters as I love this genre of movies is that it is from the Director of District 9 and Elysium if I am not mistaken from what I read, so I doubt that I would not like it...

@Drum18 I still haven't registered to BB, I guess I have to do so...so far my last pre-order, fifty shades of grey, was ordered through FS so I don't have to make any changes for that, but will have to for the future...[/QUOTE]

Reactions: AlienKing
I have a feeling that our BB exclusives that will replace the FS exclusive will be much higher at BB, still yet to see I guess, but yes this is ridiculous price. I just am going for the Taiwan one for now, same design it seems although picture not confirmed, but I am into the 1/4 slips from Taiwan so for me easy choice since it is a steel and not a futurepak(getting tired of those don't like the way they feel in hands). But yes easy Pass for BB exclusive since it is same art it looks, but I guess we'll see closer to release date.

funny though the Fifty shades exclusives, and Unbroken they just put them up using the FS exclusives, so those are kinda the last ones we'll have as FS exclusives...can't wait to see confirmed artwork for Chappie I guess on BB site as well, it can't be exclusive as same design as HMV UK.
I really hope you're wrong because I don't think I'll support them if that's the case. I know this one is just a temporary price so we will see about the future releases. If they do end up increasing the price in the future, I'll just stick to international exclusives and amaray slip covers or when these go on sales.

Guys,

I'm well aware that these are placeholders Drum :). I was simply wondering how they arrive at these prices? They are never the same number so I figured there must be a reason...

Reactions: Actarus
I actually don't know anything about the movie other than the obvious clues from the posters... but I stay away from previews to have a clear fresh mind when I watch a movie, so I don't have expectations created. But for me even if it will be a BB exclusive I will stay with my Taiwan release...unless they do an exclusive artwork not used like the WWA Artwork
can't wait to see the movie, what I knew it was my kind of movie despite the obvious movie posters as I love this genre of movies is that it is from the Director of District 9 and Elysium if I am not mistaken from what I read, so I doubt that I would not like it...
I use both posters and trailers to analyze and of course forums filled with movie enthusiasts ;).

Love District 9, but found Elysium mediocre at best which was surprising because Matt Damon was in it and I usually find him do amazing films. I didn't even buy Elysium steel even it was on for sale at FS at $9. If it will be WWA, why would you opt for Taiwan release? Wouldn't the shipping fee extra added cost?

I use both posters and trailers to analyze and of course forums filled with movie enthusiasts ;).

why would you opt for Taiwan release? Wouldn't the shipping fee extra added cost?

First I mainly collect Asian Steelbooks it is where the Luv of collecting is for me. I said Mainly, as of course I collect other country as well.

But to Answer your question;

Taiwan has it all (we're talking slips & other points here => not the steelbook as of course it is ''World Wide Art steel''
same steel as other countries)

But they have a way of making a regular Steel release Stand Out:

~ They make Kick ass quarter slips that blends in well with the design of the steelbook,
~ Really Awesome looking spine on the slip 'no other version has that',
~ Embossed title(not all the time but very often) with traditional Chinese characters,
~ Sweet sticker that again blends in well with the overall steelbook & slip design
~ When aligned on a bookshelf, Spine artwork blends in so well from one release to another, very classy looking feel
~ Very Thick and tight Shrink Wrap(One of the best if not the best shrink Wrap on the Market)
~ Finally: Price, Taiwan has a decent Price Tag for a ''Higher quality finished Package''

PS: Thanks for whomever made those points Thread that I borrowed.

Sorry mate. Taiwan seldom offers good slips on Sony, Warner and Universal Steels.

On Universal releases, Taiwan do not produce the 1/4 slip we are used to as it is a different distribution company. All Universal release in Taiwan come with just a paper j-card.

For all other releases, yes the 1/4 slip comes with it.

I just came back from Taiwan. They have a couple of nice SteelBooks, but nothing really unique IMO.

Germany and Canada have the best selection in terms of unique titles. Zavvi has a lot, but they do more of a shotgun approach to SteelBooks.

Picked up a few in Taiwan, but really there are better versions out there for most titles.

I just came back from Taiwan. They have a couple of nice SteelBooks, but nothing really unique IMO.

Germany and Canada have the best selection in terms of unique titles. Zavvi has a lot, but they do more of a shotgun approach to SteelBooks.

Picked up a few in Taiwan, but really there are better versions out there for most titles.

yes indeed the year started very slow for Taiwan, have been discussing this with my Taiwan Contact, nothing exciting and not many releases as last year about this time...

But it is about to pick Up, Chappie, Cinderella, Avengers Age of Ultron and Ant-Man just what I know will get a release with the custom 1/4 slip.

it is normal if you are just coming back from there as nothing has been exciting, only excited title for me from Taiwan this year is The Maze Runner, that was a nice release, the others not as interesting.

i've preordered some steels from what use to be futureshop, and they said on the website that if the release price is cheaper then you would get the lowest price. i can't remember a time where this actually happened automatically. i've had to go to the store to get price adjusted. Wonder if bestbuy will be better at it or if anyone has had experience with their "lowest price" guarantee

Reactions: Leafs17
i've preordered some steels from what use to be futureshop, and they said on the website that if the release price is cheaper then you would get the lowest price. i can't remember a time where this actually happened automatically. i've had to go to the store to get price adjusted. Wonder if bestbuy will be better at it or if anyone has had experience with their "lowest price" guarantee

Came here to ask the same thing. Anybody?