Release date: October 22, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

1567770487849.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mkdfan
I want this. With that exact art lol

Weird guilty pleasure

The original theatrical poster was printed on foil, the outside border and inside the “A” were bare foil, so that’s probably being faithfully recreated on this steelbook.

Does make one paranoid if you remember the old days of "sticker books" :wow:
Not so old days too . . . you'll remember that black metal wave with the stickers from the end of last year in Spain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suppose it's an OK image and from the most common of the movie's posters ...
1567729693714.png
1567730471362.png

... which is mentioned in listings as "printed on silver foil for ultra impact" but I agree that the backing material looks to me more like Mylar - the same material used for helium balloons etc. ...
1567730153239.png

... and that weird silver strip down the right side will surely have no place on the steelbook.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the light source behind them at least they got the shadows right . . . different to the Amaray slipcover artwork where the shadows from the girls are all but eliminated but the unique shininess associated with parts of the original poster isn't:-
1567731216485.png

Following on from the look of the original poster the silver continues on to the spine:-
(France steelbook)
1570471040309.png

Another looking to me a bit 'Letraset' transfers style (like AVENGER: ENDGAME) but at least here the colours look great perfectly replicating the original poster.
Original CHARLIE'S ANGELS with some elements of ^
1570471725158.png

Last edited:
It has a gloss finish! Exposed metal looks great. Very good metallic effects; it all pops really well and photos don’t do it justice. Only solid pink color on the inside sadly but that’s the usual for Sony catalog steelbooks now.

doi92Yuh.jpg

caEhX6Lh.jpg

pEMCtpfh.jpg

Last edited: